Mandrake Linux 8.2 Screenshots

Still not as slick looking as Windows XP or Mac OSX. GUI is visually about the same level as Windows 95 . So much for opensource!. Second class work!!. :evil:

Originally posted by jedimasterk

Still not as slick looking as Windows XP or Mac OSX. GUI is visually about the same level as Windows 95 . So much for opensource!. Second class work!!. :evil:

heh maybe you should try linux before posting bs like that.

gnome + e pretty much owns win, and is not far behind osx either

Originally posted by jedimasterk

You obviously have no experience with neither linux or making an argument so I would appreciate it if you stick to your corner of the board designated for corporate ass-kissers like yourself.

Thanks.

U are a little BI***.

Microsoft is the future and Linux is already dead.

The truth shall set you free.

BI***

[EDIT] This kind of behavior is not tolorated here. [/EDIT]

3ND3R

Originally posted by AyA316

U are a little BITCH.

Microsoft is the future and Linux is already dead.

The truth shall set you free.

BITCH

howabout a little proof? your statements are completely unfounded and ridiculous. why bother coming to the linux thread and posting that?

I've never liked Linux GUIs very much. The taskbars were always a big turnoff. Always felt way too blocky and dull, and I hate the Gnome button being so big. KDE isn't much better, though definitely more tolerable than Gnome. As for the rest of the interface, it reminds me a lot of OS/2 for some reason.

Linux GUIs were never very slick and smooth, and whatever skins there are out there feel horribly amateur. Give me a GUI that can look as simple and polished as XP+Watercolor, and I'll be happier. Till then, the little 3D penguin sledding game was probably the only cool thing I ever saw on Linux.

I like the GNOME UI much better than any interface i've used. KDE is nice but there are some things that are too much like windows for my liking. I have my gnome skinned to a way that I like it (see other thread) and there are many many other themes available. The only gripe I have with it is the window placement (places windows at full size but off the screen a little so you have to move it into focus) but I am using an older version of sawfish so that may be the problem.

-Hatter :cool:

Could we please refrain from filling these forums up with insane stupid crap that doesn't do anything but **** people off. There is a topic here and I want to know about it. So please stick to the topic at hand.

thats looks pretty cool im thinking of GIVE mandrake a try on my other Drive

Could we please refrain from filling these forums up with insane stupid crap that doesn't do anything but **** people off. There is a topic here and I want to know about it. So please stick to the topic at hand.

DUDE looks like there sticking to the tread its about linx TAKE A CHILL PILL

aren't those screenshots just KDE? running on mandrake 8.2.

(any distro of linux could look like that)

i'm just curious...?

in fact that mandrake 8.2 beta, i wonder if the final looks any better/different , i assume not.

I admit I have never tried Linux . The eye candy seems to me to be somewhat retro .

What is the compatibility like with the newest Distributions?

Is the performance worth the hassles I hear about the setting up etc ?

there not much difference between the distros regarding desktops - its up to the users to do what they want. i mean mandrake looks the same as debian more or less, except a few icons maybe...

what you should try to find are screenshots of different windowmanagers like blackbox and enlightenment...

Originally posted by Vinh

Why the heck do you want linux to look like win? sometimes i dont understand yous people.

i'm using windows most of the time. i'm happy with it. i like it's interface. i can't stand windowmaker interface with those bigass usless buttons. i try to make my linux function like ms windows. defenatly not doing insane thing like some people do here w/ winxp and osx. but as long as my linux has min,max,close and good taskbar i'm happy

I have always wanted to try out Linux... but, alas, my hard disk is a wimpy 10 GB... maybe on my next computer due out this summer! A nice, juicy 80 GB's... that should be more than enough for me to dual-boot and loads of MP3's... :) I hope that I can only use Linux one day and drop Windows... PM me if you know anything that will let me use Win32 programs on Linux (anything but Lindows... I'm paying squat!)

btw: Don't flame me for this, but what is a troll?