Mandrake Linux 8.2 Screenshots

I don't know what I'm talking about. Let me see how many times have people tried to clone the KDE or Gnome interface. Not nearly as many times as Aqua or Luna. How many Mac OSX or Windows XP users want their desktop to look like KDE or Gnome. Not many. KDE or Gnome are not even in the SAME LEAGUE as Aqua or Luna. ESPECIALLY AQUA!!!!!!!!!!!. FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Give up on Linux it will NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOME USERS DESKTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Linux S.....KS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. It has already been stated by MAJOR LINUX DISTOS. REDHAT ESPECIALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!. Linux will never beat MS or Apple on the Desktop. So Forget It!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Also this is NEOWIN not NEOLINUX!!!!!!!!!!!. :devious:

I speak on behalf on all Linux lovers when I say this:

Anyone who is flaming Linux in a goddamn Linux forum should go back to their Windows forums or shut the **** up!

btw: Nobody has answered my question (What's a troll?)

Originally posted by jedimasterk

I don't know what I'm talking about. Let me see how many times have people tried to clone the KDE or Gnome interface. Not nearly as many times as Aqua or Luna. How many Mac OSX or Windows XP users want their desktop to look like KDE or Gnome. Not many. KDE or Gnome are not even in the SAME LEAGUE as Aqua or Luna. ESPECIALLY AQUA!!!!!!!!!!!. FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Give up on Linux it will NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOME USERS DESKTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Linux S.....KS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. It has already been stated by MAJOR LINUX DISTOS. REDHAT ESPECIALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!. Linux will never beat MS or Apple on the Desktop. So Forget It!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Also this is NEOWIN not NEOLINUX!!!!!!!!!!!. :devious:

I'm new here, but the impression I am getting from everyone else is: go away. Take a hint, cheech.

Anyone heard of Ximian for Mandrake 8.2? I know there is one for v.8.1.

I personally like Gnome, even though KDE has more features. I just think there is no uniform icon-set. Gnome with Ximian just rocks!

For Linux developers: get working on a uniform icon set, and uniform theme/skin. I think the closest is SuSE.

For the douche who claims superiority of the Win32 platform: I am willing to bet Neowin runs on RedHat or a *NIX derivitive. Apache, with PHP and MySQL. So there f####r!

And you can certainly count OS/X as a *NIX derivitive. If Apple got wise, and after OS/X has matured, they would port that to iX86 and kick the pants off Win32.

Sonic.

XIMIAN -- http://www.ximian.com

Originally posted by slack

I'm new here, but the impression I am getting from everyone else is: go away. Take a hint, cheech.

Exactly.

He must be new here too. I swear I saw the board lose a whole lotta sense on March 14. What a coincidence, that's when he registered.

btw: Nobody has answered my question (What's a troll?)

Someone who posts messages with little or no substance simply to get a rise out of people. Eg. All posts by jedimasterk.

-Hatter

hehe talking about slurping up windows2k/xp features. dynamic update packages and antialiased icons. Too bad they aren't done with all the icons yet so it looks gay.

Although it is skinnable, the buttons and layout still looks like windows95.

if you wanto change resolution you have to press ctrl with + or -, no gui stuff here oh no. and if you havent added enough resolutions (read: the install procedure didnt grab all the possible resolutions for the monitor, only 640x480. I spent weeks trying to figure out how to "add" the other resolutions. no helpful linux gurus anywhere).

The task bar isnt that bad to configure, they have learned a lot from micro$oft there too, just too bad there still are some problems that made my brother go nuts. I had to fix them for him...

No, I dont like linux but my brother insist on having it installed, even though he mostly uses win2k (no win9x garbage in this house). His university where he studies java is so poor they only have linux and unix boxes there and insist on teaching the poor students to program on those. Anyway I have to help him all the time with his linux install.

man all I can say it sucks out loud. zoom effect when you click things, single-click to open folders/start program (impossible to move around and arrange files) and underline under every single filename.

It took me a week just to figure out how to tweak that **** out. man does linux suxors. Then we have the start menu (another rip? lol) which is completely cluttered and badly arranged and no room for new programs shortcuts. Oh pardon me there are no other programs available than those bundled ooops. Anyway you have same sort of programs on two different branches.

Just to start the sucky browser that cant display 90% of the web pages right (nutscrape anyone?) you have to go through three branches and finally click it. wait make that a double-click since I just enabled that for folders and icons.

Maybe it sounds screwed up or maybe Im just using the Suse Linux 7.1 Personal (whats so personal about it? ididot) distro (my brother actually bought it and got 'drumroll please' 60 days of installation support!) but anyway latest mandrake looks exactly the same. ugly.

Almost 40 posts and not one screen shot (except for the ones on mandrake's website), just a bunch of flaming because the word linux and windows was mentioned in the same sentence...sad.

We have a MS desktop thread, and a mac one, so why not linux?

Isnt this thread for screenshots? If you want to flame Linux go somwhere else where people will tolerate your bitching about whatever comes into your mind.

Boy those screenshots are way better than Mac OSX. I really like all the jaggeties around the KDE icons, OSX's are way to smooth. And OSX is way to crisp and clear. KDE still has that nice Windows 95 feel. HAHAHAHA!!!:p

Forgive me here but I have a problem and its bugging me .

Why is there so much passion , flaming , insulting etc when someone says they dont like , Linux , or dont like Apple or Windows ?

Do folks have the same passion if someone says they dont like a particular brand of coffee ?

Even Automobiles do not provoke such passion , but say you dont like Linux and you are suddenly someone surviving without a brain who was born out of wedlock and is breathing in fast .

It does not make sense.

Its choice and the freedom there of , grief if we all like the same things , damm it would be a boring planet.

Lighten up folks , its just a computer program

Boy those screenshots are way better than Mac OSX. I really like all the jaggeties around the KDE icons, OSX's are way to smooth. And OSX is way to crisp and clear. KDE still has that nice Windows 95 feel. HAHAHAHA!!!:p

ok. :right:

stick with your osx. i agree KiwiNZ, people are so close minded it's not even funny. all 3 OS's have their ups and downs, but some people will never see that. oh well, i don't want to start a war.

I dont see any way that it is jagged at all on my pc, its even smooth on my crappy sis530 built in video accelerator. The only only time it was jagged and bad graphics was when i had pre version 7.1 of Mandrake, because it did not support my card above 800x600.

get a life.

i guess you act after your age.

bye.