Sleek and Professional Looking logo needed

Question

Hi,

thanks for the response to the "free webspace" thread that I started earlier. The three winners have already been announced.

I've received quite a bit of response from people requesting for the webspace. So here, this is another contest.

This contest is specially for those people who are talented in graphics and wants a webspace. Show me what you can do and I will give you the free webspace.

Here is what I need, I need a sleek and professional logo for my website. www.akaginet.com .

Most important is that the logo must fit into the current layout of my site. No preference over the colours/fonts

But since my site is a mobile phone website, the logo must be relevant to it.

Some requirements:

Some text that is required for the logo: AkagiNet Mobile -->>>this is the name of my site (not the current one)

Some suggestions,

maybe you can do a twist of these two letters "A" and "M", not sure, you do as you deem fit.

Alright, as for the prize, it's nothing really very big. I think this hosting package is suitable for most graphic people,

The winner gets,

250mb webpsace

5 gb bandwidth

25 mysql database

unlimited ftp, emails, etc.

cPanel

Fantastico

(specs negotiable)

And the hosting will last for 1 year.

As for those who do not get chosen, if I feel that you really should have the space, i will offer you something, maybe a less power-packed hosting package.

Edited by Akagi

I thought the name was Spelled Ekiga and i came up with a really good looking design .. then when i came to post it i realized it was Akiga lol .. so i had to scrap it all ... this is what i made after I throw away that other design :unsure:

post-31-1090357859.gif

I've upped the offer, by changing the prize a bit, added more stuff

it's now

250mb webpsace

5 gb bandwidth

25 mysql database

unlimited ftp, emails, etc.

cPanel

Fantastico

The increment is because the winner from the previous contest did not claim his prize, so here, it's the new prize. Hope to see more entries.

haa...it's Akagi not Akiga..

lol my bad ... if you like either of them I could change it to the correct name :whistle: ...although even in my opinon they look kinda crappy :p

haa...nice try there...the second one looks better..but can't really relate to my mobile phone site...

anyway, for the future entries, i need akaginet mobile, not akagi mobile...

Ok, this is to redeem myself on the last horrible attempts ... i could replace the thing in the square with a siloute of a cell phone or something if you want ... this is my last attempt .. just had to end it off on a decent note :p

post-31-1090444396.gif

decided to give it a try:

in this one, i 'tried' to vectorise (sp?) the nokia 7610 and thats how it came out :blush:

akaginet.png

i think i prefer this one better:

akaginet2.png

ps. can change font/text/colours in either version if you want :)

Edited by spex04

Yeah the Suggestions seem to be lacking in this 'contest' ... spex04, the logos you made look really good, the vectorized phones came out nice, Relativity_17, your logo looks good too, nice and simple vector satelite, one thing i'd change is the satelite floating around with the yellow center, the yellow center seems to stick out, maybe change that to a different light colour. So far you two have the best submissions, keep it up!

Uff took me some hours...

no? :), will try maybe something comes out ^^

Your cell phone is missing the '0' Key .. looks like it won't be able to dial any numbers with zeroes in it ;)

relativity_17: maybe you should try removing one of the satelite, because the satelite on the right is messing up the logo...

spex_04: I like the 3rd logo of yours. But not the phone that is used. Maybe you try some other models. And I don't quite get the thing behind the words. What is it eh?

well i don't really know lol. it's just meant to be some kind of aerial, like to transmit data to a mobile phone :blink:

i don't know... :pinch:

oh, and what phone would you like me to try? any suggestions?

hey there... I come up with this peice of crap. The cellphone is an icon by everaldo.. so I guess you need permission if you choose it (which you probably won't)

I used the background you specified, and if there's anything you want changed just tell me.

post-31-1090513698.jpg

Here are samples of how mine would look...

I shifted some layers around for the top image, so the satellite elements are all below the text.

For the bottom image, I just removed the satellite.

Not sure if its noticable, but there is a background image on this logo, so it can fit on any color background, and remain legible.

post-31-1090527856.png

Rolando: what you made is actually not too bad. Not a crap definitely. The phone can be changed. maybe try a different color for AkagiNet and Mobile

Relativity_17:yea! The second one looks better I feel. Almost there! I like the font of the word Mobile. Do you have another font for AkagiNet?

man...you guys really impress me a lot...great entries there!

Actually, I'm only using one font in that logo. I manipulated the font for Mobile slightly, added a skew and horizontal stretch.

Here's what it would look like if I shifted some things around and used the manipulated font for Akiginet also.

post-31-1090538523.png

well, ive finished the vector. btw, this is not the logo, but im just showing you the vector. i'll try to incorporate it into a logo soon:

s700.png

im liking this alot more than my others, what do you think?

any progress on this banner that you're coming up with?

Anyway, another idea struck me, instead of sticking to those mobile phones which many people find it difficult to incoporate into a logo, why not come up with something original?need not be related to mobile phones...

maybe since Akagi is a name of a cool dude ( :D ), let's have the outline or a shape of cool dude or maybe just his head with funky hairstyle (i dont know, that's where your creativity comes into place), as a logo for the site, coupled with the words "AkagiNet Mobile". That would be good as well...

Just a mini suggestion on my part in case you need some...