Sleek and Professional Looking logo needed

Question

Hi,

thanks for the response to the "free webspace" thread that I started earlier. The three winners have already been announced.

I've received quite a bit of response from people requesting for the webspace. So here, this is another contest.

This contest is specially for those people who are talented in graphics and wants a webspace. Show me what you can do and I will give you the free webspace.

Here is what I need, I need a sleek and professional logo for my website. www.akaginet.com .

Most important is that the logo must fit into the current layout of my site. No preference over the colours/fonts

But since my site is a mobile phone website, the logo must be relevant to it.

Some requirements:

Some text that is required for the logo: AkagiNet Mobile -->>>this is the name of my site (not the current one)

Some suggestions,

maybe you can do a twist of these two letters "A" and "M", not sure, you do as you deem fit.

Alright, as for the prize, it's nothing really very big. I think this hosting package is suitable for most graphic people,

The winner gets,

250mb webpsace

5 gb bandwidth

25 mysql database

unlimited ftp, emails, etc.

cPanel

Fantastico

(specs negotiable)

And the hosting will last for 1 year.

As for those who do not get chosen, if I feel that you really should have the space, i will offer you something, maybe a less power-packed hosting package.

Edited by Akagi

im loving vectors right now, but would that not have some copyright implications if you used that. As for a banner, i feel kinda bored so ill see what i can do in like 15mins.

sesh.

hey...nice one there!

It's great to see your idea appearing right in front of you.

I like the second one better. You're almost there!

Try making the dude, hmm, more sleek. Maybe by using one of those photoshop layer style?

And the phone, maybe you can try making it slightly bigger?

hmm...i see..

im not familiar with fireworks...hmm, is there any effects to make the dude look sleek? or maybe if you find the current one look good, as it is, im fine with it as well....

i've got another picture of S700 if you would like to vectorize it to see which is better...

post-31-1090680435.jpg

what do you mean by 'sleek'? lol :pinch:

do you mean like a glass kind of effect?

and, i'll try to vectorize that version, it may take me a little while though ;)

hmm, i guess just leave the dude as what it is right now...

as for whether to vector the phone, i will leave it to you. You judge if it will be better than the previous one

... I'll leave it to your imaginations...

As for the phone part, i guess, just increase the size of the phone and blend it a bit into the background (maybe just reduce the opacity of the phone by a bit)

you're really very near to what i want already!

i have slightly edited the phone, and slighly made it larger, so that it looks more like an icon of a phone rather than a 'real' phone, like before

i have also applied a sort of glossy effect onto the 'dude' :D

hope you like it :D

akaginet4.png

hmm...just change the dude back to plain black will do.... :)

tRY 2 version,

one with black dude, and bigger phone (phone is blended into background with lower opacity...use the more 'real' version of the phone)

the other is black dude, with this current phone(this 'less real' phone)

I will take from one of these 2, and you're done!

Cheers!

Edited by Akagi

alright, after so long, I've decide to take up spex04's last entry. Spex04, pls pm me with regards to the hosting as promised.

Good job spex04!

thanks for the attempt, Liquid!

I have added it to the site

Check it out...

Do you think it look weird?

Seems like a bit out of place huh?

jbo: that looked cute :)

Edited by Akagi

I really like spex's entries, I hope you don't mind, I toyed around with them and this is what I came up with. :happy:

sure, i don't mind :D