IE, New Version?

September 14. We're talking about firefox right?

we should be. anything else is near irrelevant. well that is untill ms cleans up IE :rolleyes: :laugh:

This is what Firefox needed. Now microsoft has something to worry about until they can find a way to shut down or buy out the competition. :shifty:

yes i agree IE needs the following features or it will fail to newer browsers that handle all of these:

changing the window shape to a triangle with a hotkey ctrl+t

have a grid with different dots, and when the dots are arranged in a certain order have different commands execute

skinning support

ability to move the title bar to the side of the window

hotkey ctrl+i to invert all the colors in the webpage

mouse gestures

i can't believe no one has quoted you yet.

i almost fell of my chair :shifty: :rofl:

sesh.

i can't believe no one has quoted you yet.

i almost fell of my chair  :shifty:  :rofl:

sesh.

I would have quoted him earlier but ive just read it..damn I nearly fell off my chair as well :p ;)

Does anyone know when windows xp sp2 is out? as it might have a better version of IE on it?,

Tim

SP2 will be out in August. It does have a much improved IE in it, including a popup blocker and improved security where activex will no longer just install something without first asking you.

IMO IE is dieing and it will eventually fall off the market of interest unless they implement some new features that rival broswers have like the ability to pause and resume downloads, skins, etc.

Hence why i love Firefox.

I seriously doubt they will fall off the market. That is like saying Windows will fall off the market because it has security issues :rolleyes:

I can't see why anyone can even stand to go near IE anymore. Gahh. It would need to get about 100x faster and more secure for me to ever consider starting it up again for more than Windows Update. Now with auto updates, I don't even need to do that.

^I use IE and Firefox as I stated before, and I'll have to say IE is just a tad faster loading most pages than Firefox. Security is not an issue if you have your settings set up correctly and if you are a smart surfer. Though I use both, I currently use Firefox the most often. The only time IE loads is when I use MSN Explorer.

I think microsoft should just give up on IE and just make it more secure, not add more features. they should have given up on that awhile ago. what asre the major differences between IE 5 and IE 6 anyways besides version 6 taking up more RAM and look prettier?

yes i agree IE needs the following features or it will fail to newer browsers that handle all of these:

changing the window shape to a triangle with a hotkey ctrl+t

have a grid with different dots, and when the dots are arranged in a certain order have different commands execute

skinning support

ability to move the title bar to the side of the window

hotkey ctrl+i to invert all the colors in the webpage

mouse gestures

:laugh: :yes: