Your Mac Hardware Setup

Congrats! Looks great.

Are you going to use Time Machine on one of those My Book drives?

I'd love to but both of them have all the data from my old windows machine.

I'd probably buy a 1TB one and make it as a time machine, or is there a way to partion the 2TB I have and convert it into a time machine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the fullscreen apps are perfect for the 11". I'm usually working from the Air attached to an external display so the size isn't much of an issue.

what monitor/display are you using when connecting it to the Air? I got the same 11" Mac and love it but looking for an external display

My new mid-2011 27" iMac.

• 3.1GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
  • 2560 x 1440 resolution
  • 4GB (two 2GB) memory
  • 1TB hard drive
  • AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 1GB

okd007.jpg

8 Bit, what are those B&W speakers like? I've been thinking of getting them but I'm worried that they lack bass and wont fill my room.

Thanks!

Just need to find that iPhone case now (if that is one). Been trying to find a nice iPhone case, that doesn't cover the phone up so much, as I really would like to have the phone not inside a case... but want to protect it. :D

Hi Kaoxt, sorry i didnt reply earlier, the speakers im using are bowers & wilkins MM1, the mousepad yes its the alupad from justmobile.

as for my iphone case its really really slim... and translucent i am still able to see the apple logo and the text behind the phone its matt and 0.8mm thick or something, cost like 8usd, my girlfriend gave it to me.. she's selling phone accessories.

8 Bit, what are those B&W speakers like? I've been thinking of getting them but I'm worried that they lack bass and wont fill my room.

If you like bass go for the Bose, since they are 2.1 and have a subwoofer. My dad has bose companion 3 and it has better bass.

These MM-1s are only 2.0

Sounds fantastic, these speakers have great range but lacks strong bass. If i'm not wrong the bose is cheaper too... But i'm trying to keep it simple so 2.0 is good enough for me :)

So the MM-1s have very natural sound not overly enhanced I would recommand it but if you prefer something with more ?*STUMP STUMP STUMP*?. get the bose

• 2 weeks later...

[pic snipped]

What a beautiful setup!

Specs?

Glassed Silver:mac

Since all macs look the same, no point in posting a pic. Or maybe this thread is more interested in seeing peoples desks than the computers?

I have a Mac Pro 2007 running Windows 7 and a MBP 2011 running Windows 7.

What a beautiful setup!

Specs?

the Mac:

27 iMac 3.4 quad i7 16gb RAM 1TB HDD AMD 6970M 1GB

& the pc:

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz

16GB Ram

MSI N580GTX 3GB

1tb x 4

Since all macs look the same, no point in posting a pic. Or maybe this thread is more interested in seeing peoples desks than the computers?

I have a Mac Pro 2007 running Windows 7 and a MBP 2011 running Windows 7.

Exactly! (Y)

the Mac:

27 iMac 3.4 quad i7 16gb RAM 1TB HDD AMD 6970M 1GB

& the pc:

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz

16GB Ram

MSI N580GTX 3GB

1tb x 4

Good choices! (Y)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks good! Is there any change in performance after hooking up the screen?

PS Never understood the need for iTunes controls in the Menu Bar. Surely moving your cursor to the top of the screen to click a button can't be faster than just using the control buttons on your keyboard?

Looks good! Is there any change in performance after hooking up the screen?

PS Never understood the need for iTunes controls in the Menu Bar. Surely moving your cursor to the top of the screen to click a button can't be faster than just using the control buttons on your keyboard?

It does struggle a bit w/ some of the transitions, however I am going to be upgrading the Notebook.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey :)

Here's my simple Uni setup. MacBook Pro hooked up to a Dell 23" monitor. This setup is very flexible, I can use the laptop at school during the day and work during evenings on a bigger screen.

FdP8T.jpg

Hey :) Here's my simple Uni setup. MacBook Pro hooked up to a Dell 23" monitor. This setup is very flexible, I can use the laptop at school during the day and work during evenings on a bigger screen.

I know it's kind of OT but... is that a 2010 MBP with Nvidia 330M by any chance? Just wondering because I was going to ask if you are experiencing any odd graphical artifacts when using an external monitor (after going in or out of clamshell mode).

I know it's kind of OT but... is that a 2010 MBP with Nvidia 330M by any chance? Just wondering because I was going to ask if you are experiencing any odd graphical artifacts when using an external monitor (after going in or out of clamshell mode).

Ah, no, it's the early 2011. It takes a while to switch the picture around when plugging in the monitor or opening the laptop up, but nothing artifacty.

Ah, no, it's the early 2011. It takes a while to switch the picture around when plugging in the monitor or opening the laptop up, but nothing artifacty.

Ah, okay, thanks. I'm kind of half going crazy, half getting used to having to log off/on every time I go into clamshell mode just to avoid some graphical glitches. *sigh*