Your Mac Hardware Setup

can everyone re-size their images to less than 800x600 or something so that we don't have this thread so hard to read?

Why? The forum resizes them automatically. Not to mention edit time for many posts has long since expired.

Here's my setup at home. Instead of listing out my long summary of hardware, I'll paste the spreadsheet I use to track it all.

Looking down at my desk:

J6zPr.jpg

Another angle:

IH3zv.jpg

From the left of my desk, looking across. Yes, I wanted to show off my Zombie Snow White decal:

0EnEs.jpg

My two 6 TB SmartStor RAID arrays. Below that are my 2 travelling 2 TB drives and a Time Machine backup:

GT8RE.jpg

My hardware rack, yeah I need to clean up some of those cables:

zquZp.jpg

So, If I may ask, what is the use of two Airport Extreme and two Airport Express?

I am not a user of Apple desktop/workspace hardware (yet at least) so maybe I am missing something but aren't the Airport Express basically a Wifi Router (very limited one, only 10 users) and the Extreme being it's bigger brother both with some streaming functions or something built in, what's the need of two of each? :p

The Airport Extreme N is my main base station, I use the rest as "repeaters" to extend my wireless coverage throughout the house. Specifically, the 802.11N Airport Express is in my garage, into it plugs an 8-port gigabit switch, into which I connect 4 of my computers.

They use a technology called WDS to interconnect each other.

It's nice and it's cool and all, but it's still just wi-fi. On the next house, I am going to gigabit the **** out of it :)

I see you have the RED PHONE. Presumably for those urgent calls? :)

Nice setup. I could only imagine what fun I would have running all of your systems. (Probably trouble I'd get into as well. lol)

• Like 1

The red phone gives me direct access to both President Obama and President Putin, it's for emergency calls only. You know, nuclear missiles, stuff like that :)

• Like 1

Well that makes more place, I for some reason kinda thought they were in the same place or something :p

Oh yea, wifi will always be just that, wifi, I used wifi in my computer for a while so i could move the cable to my 360, few days later I got myself a switch and two extra cables instead, wifi was horrible if you wanted to play games or some other "realtime" task using the internet...

2r2ubes.png

Quad 2.93, SSD setup, GTX 285, twin 30" LCDs, Apogee Ensemble on desk, Genelec monitors, various synths and effects gear in and out of the picture.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Brand new Mac user - 2011 iMac 27" - Finally got a Mac to go with my iPod Classic, iPhone 4 and iPad 2.

photomay13180510.th.jpg

Here's my setup at home. Instead of listing out my long summary of hardware, I'll paste the spreadsheet I use to track it all.

Awesome to see all the Alien characters noted down there. Amazing way to do everything. Definitely can tell you are a former military man, organisation of a officer! ;-) Or could be high ranking NCO from the Corps. Very nice setup to boot too. Won't even ask what your running from your house. Looks like some sort of serious weapons grade ninja projects.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Apple Portion of my Hardware Setup:

IMG_3512.jpg

You can see the full Set up in the July 2011 Show us your Workstation thread by clicking here.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my new 11" Air earlier. Will post a desk shot tomorrow once I have it set up.

lol thanks for preparing us a day in advance. :laugh: