WishX Neowin Forum Icon Guide

WishX Neowin Forum Icon Guide

Part I - Categories and Sub-Categories

bc_new.gif - This category has sub-categories with new posts or threads you haven't read yet.

bf_new.gif - This category does not have sub-categories, but has new posts or threads you haven't read yet.

bc_nonew.gif - This category has sub-categories, but no new posts or threads.

bf_nonew.gif - This category does not have sub-categories, and has no new posts or threads.

Part II - Post, Thread and Poll Icons

f_norm.gif - Open Topic with new posts. You haven't participated in this thread previously.

f_norm_no.gif - Open Topic with no new posts. You haven't participated in this thread previously.

f_norm_dot.gif - Open Topic with new posts. You have participated in this thread previously.

f_norm_no_dot.gif - Open Topic with no new posts. You have participated in this thread previously.

f_hot.gif - Hot Topic with new posts. You haven't participated in this thread previously.

f_hot_no.gif - Hot Topic with no new posts. You haven't participated in this thread previously.

f_hot_dot.gif - Hot Topic with new posts. You have participated in this thread previously.

f_hot_no_dot.gif - Hot Topic with no new posts. You have participated in this thread previously.

f_poll.gif - Poll / Topic with new posts or votes. You haven't participated in this thread previously.

f_poll_no.gif - Poll / Topic with no new posts or votes. You haven't participated in this thread previously.

f_poll_dot.gif - Poll / Topic with new posts or votes. You have participated in this thread previously.

f_poll_no_dot.gif - Poll / Topic with no new posts or votes. You have participated in this thread previously.

f_closed.gif - Closed Topic. Whether you participated in it previously or not is not relevent or displayed.

f_moved.gif - Moved Topic. Whether you participated in it previously or not is not relevent or displayed.

f_pinned.gif - Pinned Topic. Pinned Topics will remain at the top of the forum in the Important Topics section until it is unpinned.

This information is available at the bottom of every page when viewing the list of topics in a forum. The only icons not displayed in the key are the ones with dots to indicated you've participated in a thread.

Edited by WishX

Nice guide. (Y)

The lite theme is different: it uses symbols instead of icons. Takes some getting used to.

I switched to the Lite theme from the main page then came into the forums and it looks the same. Is there a different link I should be using to get into the forums to see the Lite theme in here?

Hey, thanks! No problem at all. Happy to help.

:cool: I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank all the little people who helped make this possible... and the ladies in the balcony. Thank you! Goodnight!

Thanks so much, guys. I appreciate the feedback.

I've done a ton of these kinds of Guides for the forums I Admin and people generally appreciate them, so I figured I'd do one for here since someone asked the question about icons.

Since I got such positive feedback on this one (and it's now part of the Official Neowin FAQ), perhaps I'll make some more or send mine to the Admins and let them use what they want and scrap what they can't use.

Like I said, always happy to help. Thanks again, folks! :yes: