macs and pcs.. how are they different

I'm a troll

are you sure you remembered to turn on the g5?

(honestly though, your post is one of the stupidest in the whole thread...)

p.s.: if the mac can't do "****", how did i get onto neowin with my mac? hmm :unsure: someone please help me, i'm very lost now.

:wacko:

HAHAHA so true

no, its more a matter of "my girlfriend doesnt give a damn about RISC vs CISC and other similar technical arguments for the mac, i was looking more for reasons a normal/non-geek would understand"

Don't even get me started on the troll. But if you guys had ignored him like you're supposed to, I would have only had to edit one post instead of three. :)

but if you only had one post to edit, you would have saved a lot of time... and if you had spare time, you might have looked at some pr0n. and if you looked at pr0n, you might have masturbated. and if you masturbated, you would have killed kittens.

you don't want to kill kittens, do you superfula?

:laugh:

no, its more a matter of "my girlfriend doesnt give a damn about RISC vs CISC and other similar technical arguments for the mac, i was looking more for reasons a normal/non-geek would understand"

All there is here is geeks bro theres hardly an "average"home users who belong to neowin. or at least not in THIS thread

do you just want her to be sexy like us? ;) Get her a 12" ibook, then have her wear it....and only it.... OW OW! :p

Seriously, the mac can do everything, plus it lasts longer, and is a lot nicer to use, I have a 12" ibook and a tower with p4 2.8HT; while I love both machines; the mac is always nicer to use than xp...and the included software is seriously to die for.

/edit: tell her its cute and white, that's why my g/f is in love with my ibook. :D

holy ****, will you people shut up on the "just get a PC" rag? that's not even the question i asked

first, she's not going to get a 600 dell. even if she got a PC she'd be plonking down at least $1000 to get a decent machine that would last, and an ibook is $949 on an educational discount, so price isn't the issue here

the point is the college she's going to uses majorly macs for the program she's in, and she's considering getting one for that reason. so that also means shut up about "she wont use it to it's full potential", you don't know what she's going to be doing, now do you?

however, her parents are saying "well what's the difference" and she doesn't quite have an answer for them.

is anyone ever helpful on this forum anymore? i didn't ask for reasons to not get a mac, i asked for some major differences i could point out to her.

I'm not even smart enough to be a troll. I'm just a wannabe

Edited by superfula

Ok i think we have a dumbass here

<snip the rest of the stupidity>

if you didn't notice my signature i have a mac already, thank you anyway.

i didnt make the thread offensive, it's dumbasses like you who made the thread offensive, finding the need to flame me with "get a pc" and "if she doesnt know the difference she doesnt deserve one" and everything else

if you also bothered to read about a page further before posting your ignorant reply, you'd see it also came down to she will get a mac, but now it's between emac or ibook.

so next time read before running your stupidness off.

Next person to post off topic get's a shiny, brand spankin' new warning straight from my pm box. If you aren't mature enough to post something that has to do with the subject matter, don't bother.

Hmmm my brother has a powerbook G4, its soo thin and quiet, and put together very well. Its just basically got seemless intergration with everything. Since its all built by one company, it built to work. Plus sooo incredibly stable, its just a nice piece of hardware.