Microsoft Vs iPod

Can microsoft leave anything alone?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Can microsoft leave anything alone?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • What the hell of course

IMO this battle is mainly preference.

If you want a smooth stremlined MP3 player, go for the iPod.

If you want a "function over form" player, go with Microsoft.

How can you make that call without any information about the MS player?

The only thing that they could do to make it want it more then an iPod is to have the OS open source. But knowing MS, it wont happen. We have a better chance getting that from apple.

If apple released the source to the iPod firmware, we could have OGG Vorbis support in a few days.

The only thing that they could do to make it want it more then an iPod is to have the OS open source. But knowing MS, it wont happen. We have a better chance getting that from apple.

If apple released the source to the iPod firmware, we could have OGG Vorbis support in a few days.

I'm sure neither Apple nor Microsoft care about the small percentage of the market that actually gives a crap about OGG.

You know what'll happen

MS will bring out their MP3 player which is bigger and better than the iPod in terms of performance and functions

However the iPod has already sold far too much for the "MS Player" to be able to catch up.

MS will drop the price of their player by ?100 a couple of months after release and offer those that have already bought the "MS Player" compensation in the form of ?100 worth of MP3s

The "MS Player" will flop in Japan and they literally can't give it away.

The "MS Player" will eventually start to catch up to the iPod, and actually outsell it in one month. However it's too late as the new generation of music players will be coming into play in the next year or two.

Rumours go round that Microsoft will be launching their next "Player" without a harddrive

Oh hang on...was that the Xbox?? Ah well, the same will happen anyway

I'm still waiting for you to correctly spell a complete sentence.

So because you dont agree with what I said you pick at my spelling? :wacko: Well done!! holy crap its like you have opened my eyes! I hope you have a great day and you don't have any accidents :ninja:

So because you dont agree with what I said you pick at my spelling? :wacko: Well done!! holy crap its like you have opened my eyes! I hope you have a great day and you don't have any accidents :ninja:

No, it has nothing to do with disagreeing with you, which I usually do, its that I get sick of reading incoherent jibberish, and it's hard to take someone seriously if they can't even put enough effort into saying something to attempt to spell it halfway correct.

,Jul 27 2004, 14:02] No, it has nothing to do with disagreeing with you, which I usually do, its that I get sick of reading incoherent jibberish, and it's hard to take someone seriously if they can't even put enough effort into saying something to attempt to spell it halfway correct.

Well its not my fault that English is not my first language. You people make me sick.

How can you make that call without any information about the MS player?

I'm just saying that because Microsoft usually goes in that direction.

I could be wrong, who knows. :)

I read in the Guardian newspaper this morning that Microsoft are going to release a new mp3 player which will take the Applie iPod market by storm.

Personally i dont thnk this could happen as the iPod is well.. the best around but i s'pose we will have to wait and see :unsure:

Opinions on this.. can microsoft achually leave n e thin alone that is good and new technology?

dave164

Dunno if this have been posted before, lazy to read...

Didnt microsoft said the same with XBox?

Yay, go Microsoft, every field they go in the deliver kickass products better than the competition

Xbox

Windows

Office

Mice / Keyboards (tied with logitech)

Yay, go Microsoft, every field they go in the deliver kickass products better than the competition

Xbox

Windows

Office

Mice / Keyboards (tied with logitech)

I'm sure those are opinions rather than facts. (even though I have xbox, windows, office, and mice/keyboard)

iPod isn't the prettiest device anyways, so I can see MS winning this battle if they want and if they hire the right people to pull it off. Take the Cowon iAudio M3 for example (MetaLRasaM mentioned it too).... a stunning device which in my opinion is better and prettier then the iPod, it just suffers from not being hyped like the iPod is.

Check this beauty:

http://eng.iaudio.com/zeroboard/new_img/pr...ioM3_04_big.jpg

http://eng.iaudio.com/zeroboard/new_img/pr...ioM3_07_big.jpg

http://eng.iaudio.com/zeroboard/new_img/pr...ioM3_01_big.jpg

Thank you!

Yes, the iPod is indeed ugly! Why are people having orgasms over it? Jesus fakin Chirst people!

Now the iAudo kicks ass!

iPod --> :x

iAudio --> :heart:,:woot:,(Y)

The iPod does look nice, that cant be denied but it does get scratched very easily after a few weeks the back looks as though a cats attacked it.

yes, its success is down to marketing which microsoft can trump apple on any day(obviously).

if microsoft does make a player thats great and it only annoys people that like apple because they will lose the thing that they can point to as the success that apple has produced.

im sure microsoft will make a great player and they will make millions out of it. like i said in my previous post in this thread, microsoft dont need to be the market leader(and usally arent) to make money out of a product

you pnly need a few percent market share to make a profit. apple proves this with its rather poor 3%.

and remember microsoft arent a company that gives up easily so if and when they do release it im sure they will take some of apple thunder but that certainly isnt a bad thing. just because its microsoft doesnt mean they should be treated differently. i think some people on this forum are a bit discriminatory to microsoft when they havent done much wrong

PS its really annoying the "it will probaly just crash or get hacked" it really is childish when sensible people are trying to discuss an important issue.

Thank you!

Yes, the iPod is indeed ugly! Why are people having orgasms over it? Jesus fakin Chirst people!

Now the iAudo kicks ass!

iPod --> :x

iAudio --> :heart:,:woot:,(Y)

After reading the whole thread I'm going to buy the iAudio :)

The iAudio is nice and all, but I cant stand that it has no display on the main unit. :x I mean, say for instance the main unit was in my pocket while the remote is dangling beside me which is connected to the earphones... Wouldnt that thing be heavy? I think so. I can't even stand the fact that my own iPod remote is heavy itself(at least to me).

I dont know. It's your choice and opinion on what you want for yourself. But thats just my opinion/inquiry.

The iAudio is nice and all, but I cant stand that it has no display on the main unit. :x I mean, say for instance the main unit was in my pocket while the remote is dangling beside me which is connected to the earphones... Wouldnt that thing be heavy? I think so. I can't even stand the fact that my own iPod remote is heavy itself(at least to me).

I dont know. It's your choice and opinion on what you want for yourself. But thats just my opinion/inquiry.

maybe, but I'm used to my rca 20 GB jukebox that's about 2 years old and metal...so yeah haha.