[F1] Hungary GP @ Hungaroring.

Its That Time Again

d04hun23.jpg

hungary.gif

"A street circuit without the houses" as former driver Martin Brundle once described it, the hot and dusty Hungaroring is tough for drivers but not great for racing, even taking into account changes made in 2003.

Fortunately, wonderful Budapest is just down the road. It is one of the world's great cities, even if its seediness level has grown in recent years.

Im Holding off my predictions till after Practice on Friday. Though fingers crossed button will be strong. But Current trends point to Schumy again.

ds.png

cons.png

ssf.png

F1 News this Week.

Small Stories regarding Teams Places next season ...

BUTTON MAKES SHOCK WILLIAMS RETURN

30635_1.gif

Jenson Button will make a sensational return to Williams next year, according to reports.

Button rejoins the team he made his F1 debut with in 2000. He will partner Mark Webber in an all-new driver line-up.

The Brit said: "I am very pleased that I had the option to re-join the BMW Williams team where my Formula 1 career started.

"For the meantime the 2004 season has my full focus and attention.

"Beyond this, I have every confidence that the massive investment in resources and the depth of talent at Williams and BMW provides the best platform for my future ambitions to be a world champion."

More...

Looks like Jenson Buttons got some better offers to return to Williams, but he faced the press before the GP this week and is now saying "NO COMMENT" On the Matter. But he?s looking to be in contract wrangling?s these past weeks.

BUTTON: "NO COMMENT!" [/b]?

30856_1.jpg

Jenson Button and Mark Webber faced the press in Hungary on the eve of this weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix. But Button, who is still in the middle of contractual wranglings with BAR-Honda was unable to add any new comment to that situation, answering most questions with a resounding "no comment."

He was however, able to share his thoughts on this weekend's race and how he feels about prospective Williams team mate Mark Webber.

"He really works hard which is fantastic to see," said Button. "He puts in a lot of effort in every area and I think he would be a big bonus to any team in Formula 1."

Button added that there was no hostility from within the BAR team garage following his shock announcement that he intends to drive for Williams in 2005.

"The atmosphere is OK, it's fine," he added. "We are all here to do a job. We are here to race, and we are here to hopefully get our best result this year.

?It won?t be the easiest weekend of my life,? he continued,?but I?ve got a job to do here in Hungary and I?m very much looking forward to this weekend.

And it looks like Coulthard might have a drive at BAR if Jenson Moves and Hakkinen has also hinted at BAR move in his bid to return to F1 racing.

COULTHARD ANGLES FOR BAR [/b]GLES FOR BAR

30857_1.jpg

David Coulthard says he is "highly motivated", as the Formula 1 game of crazy musical chairs continues. With Jenson Button expected to cement his move to Williams, DC has become the obvious replacement at BAR.

In Thursday's pre-race press conference, Coulthard was not slow to point out his own record, write his CV, post his application, and praise the efforts of BAR Honda this year.

Despite BAR team principal David Richards vowing to fight to retain his man, the general paddock consensus seems to be that it is pointless trying to hang on to a driver who has made it plain he wants to drive for another team. Richards and his lawyers might think differently, however. More..Will update with results to qualifying and race results as/when they happen. they happen.

Friday Practice Times.

Second practice times:

1. Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) McLaren 1:20.884

2. Michael Schumacher (Ger) Ferrari 1:21.009

3. Juan Pablo Montoya (Col) Williams 1:21.165

4. David Coulthard (GB) McLaren 1:21.203

5. Olivier Panis (Fra) Toyota 1:21.352

6. Takuma Sato (Jap) BAR 1:21.364

7. Antonio Pizzonia (Bra) Williams 1:21.574

8. Jenson Button (GB) BAR 1:21.665

9. Rubens Barrichello (Bral) Ferrari 1:21.712

10. Fernando Alonso (Spa) Renault 1:21.946

11. Mark Webber (Aus) Jaguar 1:21.999

12. * Anthony Davidson (GB) BAR 1:22.356

13. * Bjorn Wirdheim (Swe) Jaguar 1:22.559

14. Nick Heidfeld (Ger) Jordan 1:22.651

15. * Timo Glock (Ger) Jordan 1:22.697

16. Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Sauber 1:22.743

17. Jarno Trulli (Ita) Renault 1:22.788

18. Ricardo Zonta (Bra) Toyota 1:22.808

19. Giorgio Pantano (Ita) Jordan 1:22.937

20. Christian Klien (Aut) Jaguar 1:23.003

21. * Ryan Briscoe (Aus) Toyota 1:23.170

22. Felipe Massa (Bra) Sauber 1:23.188

23. * Bas Lienders (Bel) Minardi 1:25.339

24. Zsolt Baumgartner (Hun) Minardi 1:25.450

25. Gianmaria Bruni (Ita) Minardi 1Qual Results>Qual Results

http://www.cleandot.org/f1/hungHUNGARIAN GP RESULT AN GP RESULT

Hungarian Grand Prix r1 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1h35m26.131s

2 BARRICHELLO Ferrari + 04.696s

3 ALONSO Renault + 44.599s + 44.599s

4 MONTOYA Williams + 1m02.613s

5 BUTTON BAR + 1m07.439s

6 SATO BAR + 1 lap

7 PIZZONIA Williams + 1 lap

8 FISICHELLA Sauber + 1 lap

9 COULTHARD McLaren + 1 lap

10 WEBBER Jaguar + 1 lap

11 PANIS Toyota + 1 lap

12 HEIDFELD Jordan + 2 laps

13 KLIEN Jaguar + 2 laps

14 BRUNI Minardi + 4 laps

15 BAUMGARTNER Minardi + 5 laps

16 PANTANO Jordan + 22 laps

17 TRULLI Renault + 29 laps

18 ZONTA Toyota + 39 laps

19 MASSA Sauber + 49 laps

20 RAIKKONEN McLaren + 57 laps

Edited by daveS

You've been on f1-live.com haven't you. Anyway... my tactics for this race would be simple (as Jenson Button). Hire the Minardi team to take-out the Ferrari's of Schumacher and Rubens, and be Very, VERY quick... and don't make any mistakes. Ever.

Master Spy.

Hmm

I like Williams, I like Montoya, but I like Button...

Can't think of where my lliances for next season are. I've got a while to think, since this season has been soooo poor...

I wouldn't mind a win from BAR or Renault or even McLaren, just as long as they beat the red cars fair and square.

Oh, well I suppose I would take it if they somehow lost the race by being punted off by someone else. Meh, it's how Trulli won in Monaco.

qbie

I predict a really close, tense race with many exchanges of the lead, and in a suprise twist.... Schumi wins! :p

...anyway, i really hope Trulli wins a second one, even by force

You've been on f1-live.com haven't you. Anyway... my tactics for this race would be simple (as Jenson Button). Hire the Minardi team to take-out the Ferrari's of Schumacher and Rubens, and be Very, VERY quick... and don't make any mistakes. Ever.

Master Spy.

Ive been on loads of sites :p

And yeah that sounds a great idea for a race strategy ... me emails BAR with it ;)

seeing that season review is depressing. f1 is boring with one person dominating every time

having coulthard and hakinnen together again for BAR would be interesting to say the least.. wasnt villeneuve supposed to try and come back too?

I am happy for anyone but Schumi to win...........I really would like it to be Button tho, and so he can make a decent shout for 2nd in the Drivers champ and push old Rubeno down the list, hehe

I hope that Shumacher wins... again!!

Just a small question to guys from US - What channel will show F1? If any, in Cleveland, OH.

Appreciate all replies!

It's a shame the US doesn't have good F1 coverage :(

Here in the UK, ITV seems to be getting a lot of motorsport (not that I am complaining), F1, WRC, LeMans 24hr, Touring Cars, Forumula Women....Speed Sunday....it's all good :D

Yes, and it reeks.

Don't take my opinion for it, try it yourself. I noticed that it doesn't drive as well as other, older sims (GPx series, F1C). Sony made it into an arcade game, with bad graphics to boot.

Yes, and it reeks.

Don't take my opinion for it, try it yourself. I noticed that it doesn't drive as well as other, older sims (GPx series, F1C). Sony made it into an arcade game, with bad graphics to boot.

Yep so true, its dire.

Dam you sony for buying the licenece and killing F1 games :(

Yep so true, its dire.

Dam you sony for buying the licenece and killing F1 games :(

Sony's F1 games ain't too bad imo.

And its a million times better than having EA buy the license...

Schumi Pole again?!!? I want Sato to win this now!

the EA F1 games where poor, too far away from a sim. Sony's F1 games are more realisitc without going too hardcore. But don't worry guys, if all goes to plan, my year out in industry from Uni next year (2005-2006) will be spent in Sony's Studio Liverpool (where the F1 games are made) who take students from my uni and my course in uni for that year out...so I am hoping for that...

Also, GO TAKU!! :p

Didn't know Hakkinen was coming back... cool.

Hoping for a 'Anyone but Schumy' win I'm afraid. Got great respect for the guy, but he's buggered it for the spectators, not on his own.

Aren't there also plans to limit car specifications even more, slowing down the racing? ....sigh

Button or the renaults to win.

(Y)

*Edit* Sato can win aswell... :p

^^^- Why? If other companies are not capable of producing good cars why shoud Ferrari be limited! It will drive progress down. As long as there's Ferrari other companies will try to beat it - thus will improve their cars, engines...

In the end - we, general customers will benefit from these improvements!

Go Schumacher! Go Ferrari! Congrats!!! And good luck!