Owen goes to Real Madrid

well, I'm a huge Owen (and England) fan but my club team is Real Madrid and to me, this was a stupid move by Owen.

I only see him coming in to a Real Madrid game when its late in the game for Raul..I don't think anybody can replace Raul at Real Madrid. He's their son.

(I don't think Real Madrid will pick up Morientes. they'll either loan him again or move him since they spent all this money on Owen)

But neway, Owen will be going from being the hero of Liverpool to another highly paid substitude for Real Madrid.

On the bright side, if anybody saw England's friendly between Ukraine yesterday, Beckham set up Own for a nice header so I guess England benefits from this move since Owen and Beckham will be able to train together.

He actually took a paycut to join Real Madrid.

Mmm... Liverpool also finished 4th and if he stayed on Liverpool - he will be a legend, but look at all the Real Madrid players - Owen can't be compared against ppl like Roberto Carlos, Zidane, Figo, etc.

He actually took a paycut to join Real Madrid.

Mmm... Liverpool also finished 4th and if he stayed on Liverpool - he will be a legend, but look at all the Real Madrid players - Owen can't be compared against ppl like Roberto Carlos, Zidane, Figo, etc.

that's true in one way but look at it from another perspective:

a lot of those players are old, early or even middle thirties, and many of them announced retirement from their national teams. so if owen, young guy that he is starts playing for real madrid now, he is guaranteed a startup position later down the road. he actually might get to play in the uefa championships within the next two years but even after that, he will be playing for one of the greated clubs out there and the third richest soccer club in the world.

he scored for england the last game he played, and his big thing was the game with argentina although they lost. I find him to be a very good player, not excellent and definitely not the best but someone you have to invest into. he is still young and has the body and ability to play good soccer.

that's true in one way but look at it from another perspective:

a lot of those players are old, early or even middle thirties, and many of them announced retirement from their national teams.  so if owen, young guy that he is starts playing for real madrid now, he is guaranteed a startup position later down the road.  he actually might get to play in the uefa championships within the next two years but even after that, he will be playing for one of the greated clubs out there and the third richest soccer club in the world.

third richest soccer club in the world? Are you crazy? :p

Real madrid have had major financial problems for several years... They have been threatened to be moved down like flionetina did but they are so huge that they have managed to survive... They have no money at all, but that doesnt stop them from buying players anyway... A specially since there is rich supporters and club owners that dont mind throughing in a couple of million each year but they are still having money problems... They have huge debts with their bank but it doesnt affect them like it would affect a regular club since they are so big...

I think owen will get to play a lot in the beginning but not for a long time... He has been garanteed a starting in this season but I dont think real madrids coach will stick with that promise for long...

third richest soccer club in the world? Are you crazy? :p

Real madrid have had major financial problems for several years...

you need to do ur research buddy. they are fourth, i've mistaken them by one place but they are way up there. how do you think they afforded to pay $100 million to get zidane few years back?

1. Manchester United England        $1.19 billion

2. Juventus Italy                          $828 million

3. AC Milan Italy                          $759 million

4. Real Madrid Spain                    $751 million

5. Bayem Munich Germany            $617 million

6. Internazionale Italy                  $558 million

7. Arsenal England                        $482 million

8. Liverpool England                      $447 million

9. Newcastle United England          $398 million

10. Borussia Dortmund Germany    $355 million

here are the 10 richest soccer clubs out there as far as total net worth of the club goes.

sorry just read how they fixed their depths... apparently they sold a training ground to the goverment for ?480 million och then bought another one for free... There was a investigation but I cant find anywhere what the investigation found....

Source:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=300492&cc=5739

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/news/...sId=206706.html

But your list is total net worth and not cash avalible.. There is a huge difference...

they always spend a lot of money each season then they manage to make some to just cover there expenses.. This year it was a deal with Disney, something to do with the lion king that got them several millions of euros....