Phelps or Thorpe?

Phelps looked great taking gold last night in the mens 400m individual medley (and beating his own world record). He looked relaxed but strong in the qualifying heats this morning. But Thorpe is a monster, with the experience and proven drive in the water that Phelps hasn't established.

Who's going to take the gold in the 200m? :woot:

Hard to say...

Phelps seriously looks like he is majorly on his game. He looks so calm and makes it look easy everytime he races... of course I'm biased since I'm American, but I think it's going to be him. Thorpe has a ton of pressure on him (as does Phelps, but I think Phelps is handling it better), too.

I'll go with Phelps, but it'll be close.

Pieter van den Hoogeband.

He is in great form, I think (well I hope) that he will grab some gold medals again this year!!

He already did amazing in the 4x100m where the Netherlands grabbed the silver medal for USA and Australia.

Also he qualified himself with the best time (1:46:00) today for the 200m.

Go pieterr!! did you see on the silver medal today .. we were in last place when he started to swim :D

No in 4th (maybe 5th). We were in 8th position when the 3rd swimmer started (Zwering I believe).

Why does everybody forget Pieter van den Hoogeband... it took him 1,46.00 to finish the 200m and it took both Thorpe and Phelps LONGER then that... i know that doesn't say much but Pieter didn't seem tired at all...

I think it's disrespectful to the reigning olympic champion not to mention him... >.<

No in 4th (maybe 5th). We were in 8th position when the 3rd swimmer started (Zwering I believe).

sssttt let me be ! :rolleyes:

I was just reading this SI article, and the dude is saying that Thorpe looked weak in his 400m win. WTF, he looked calm as and still came away with the gold.

As much as I would to say that Thorpe has it in the bag, I think it is too hard to tell, could go either way between the three.

Anyway, GO AUSTRALIA!