Easy Programming Language

Question

it doesn't matter what you learn really its the programming way of thinking you need to learn the language comes second.

Once you understand the way of thinking learning languages becomes very easy :) You could really start off in any language, I think a C based language would be easiest to start off in because it much easier to read than something like say VB so really any of the following, I'm trying to avoid C and C++ as they use pointers and thats a killer when you new to programming, its the one thing thats taught badly time and time again.

Java, C#.NET, PHP

ur all wrong..easiest lang is Turing LOLLL its dead but a good place to start

its like this:

put "hey" // shows in screen

put "What's your name?" //asks a question

var Name : string // makes a variable to save the name. (not really sure on if this is the right way to declare variable)

get Name // now gets the NAME from the question reply and saves it in the "Name" var

put "Your name is", Name

lol, that would take what? Five seconds to learn? Unless it's any more advanced than that.

I'd say Python.

Reasons to pick Python over VB if you're a newbie:

1. Python is free, with TONS of documentation and newbie guides available

2. Python is multiplatform

3. Python is growing and gaining new features at a very impressive rate

4. You won't be ridiculed for using Python to code your programs

5. besides being great for programming, it is also an excellent scripting language, so later when you start writing your own C/C++ programs that may require some sort of scripting support, you can fall back on your Python knowledge and embedd it (which is very easy to do)

6. well-written Python programs bundled with the proper libraries won't require your users to download a huge runtime (like JAVA and .NET does), also Python code runs just as fast if not FASTER than both of these

7. Python code does not need compiling which saves lots of time in the long run

8. Python also doubles as a very handy and powerful calculator :p

So, give Python a try!

www.python.org

Hm. I've never even heard of that, but I'll give it a try n_n. Anyways, I feel that Java is easiest for creating BIG apps. But C++ is basically the same thing, so Java and C++.

hm.. i think i'll start with java. my sister is programmer so its great for me, her school also offers VB.net and some other apps for free download also :yes:

Hm. I've never even heard of that, but I'll give it a try n_n. Anyways, I feel that Java is easiest for creating BIG apps. But C++ is basically the same thing, so Java and C++.

584686370[/snapback]

WOAH......C++ and Java have similar syntax. Theres a big difference. Don't think for a second that they are the same thing. C++ is a good beginner language but its definately harder than Java. With C++ you have to handle pointers and tackle multiple inheritance. This isn't really that hard, but it adds several miles to the learning curve for most novice programmers.

And trust me, you don't want to end up with a pointer mistake that causes your program to run into memory it shouldn't

And trust me, you don't want to end up with a pointer mistake that causes your program to run into memory it shouldn't

All your memory are belong to us!!

Java is like C++ with all the good taken out, no pointers well how in the hell am I supposed to.....ah to hell with it.

WOAH......C++ and Java have similar syntax. Theres a big difference. Don't think for a second that they are the same thing. C++ is a good beginner language but its definately harder than Java. With C++ you have to handle pointers and tackle multiple inheritance. This isn't really that hard, but it adds several miles to the learning curve for most novice programmers.

584922849[/snapback]

Well yeah, C++ is harder than Java. The guy who made it (James Gosling) got fed up with C++ and wrote the Java language! Its purpose was to make it easier than programming in C++! Java was intended to be easier to write, compile, debug, and learn than other object oriented languages, but it IS modeled strongly after C++ and takes much of the syntax from it.

Java.

It is the future, it is relatively easy to learn (but you still require some higher brain function), and cross-platform is an understatement.

It is the future

I wish people would quit saying that, Java's bright future has yet to materialize. Its missing too many features that a professional programmer simply cannot be without, and because of this is not suitable for the devlopment of anything beyone a small application. It has its niche, but it is by no means the future.

Java.

It is the future, it is relatively easy to learn (but you still require some higher brain function), and cross-platform is an understatement.

584927065[/snapback]

C# is more likely the future.

I've read the entire thread and I don't think this has been mentioned before.

I read another thread that was similar to this and the main lesson i obtain from is that learn C# because it will be good for the futre.

I did try to learn C# after that but I soon found out that the tutorials fro C# (currently, I have a thread that's asking on where the compiler is located) is taught and based on some knowledge of java or c++ or something like that.

And therefore, it is very difficult to understand and when something doesn't work out completely right, you are screwed because you don't really understand anything but just following.

I'd probably try VB.NET now or java just so that I can get a feel of what OOP is and to understand how it works. Regardless of the author, the tutorials for C# I think is pretty complex and I gues for you to start learning that immediately you would have had previous background on programming.

So, good luck!

Lion