KDE or Gnome?

Which do you like the most?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like the most?

• KDE
    • Gnome

I definately like Gnome better. I've tried each version of KDE since 3.0 to see what's new, but I've always gone back to Gnome.

KDE just feels cluttered and bloated. Too many features not enough good interface design.

agreed....if your goal is to use something non-windows, why the hell would you use a desktop environment so much like windows. KDE and Gnome are both fugly IMO :x

While the tray/taskbar are "windows features" they also increase productivity majorly. So who cares?

I know I'd rather a productive desktop environment than something that is cluttered and hard to navigate.

I'm a KDE user, but don't have anything against Gnome.

KDE with a bit of modification does what I want, when I want and feels the way I want it to :huh:

Mark, how about changing the poll title to something like "of these 2 choices, which do you prefer?" so open_coder can vote. :rolleyes:

I prefer gnome to kde for the most part. I find it looks more professional. Also, I feel gtk based apps like firefox and gaim look like crap on kde.

I only have about 30 apps installed in my KDE, some I use a lot some I use less frequently. Moreover isn't it possible to remove the KDE task bar if you don't want it? There is certainly an option to remove it if you click on it. All you applications can then be made available though your milldle click wheel button.

Like all things in Linux, KDE only needs to be as 'bloated' as you make it.

GJ

I tried gnome but wtf were they thinking by not including a easy to use menu editor, when you use a lot of kde based apps like I do gnome never picks them up. Kde seems to be the least annoying to me so I use it. On the other hand finding useable themes that won't blind you or make you puke is tough for KDE, I have had to heavily tweak my desktop to make it look good :(.

I prefer gnome to kde for the most part. I find it looks more professional. Also, I feel gtk based apps like firefox and gaim look like crap on kde.

Yes firefox looks like crap on KDE, big toolbars, everything looks crappy.

Yes firefox looks like crap on KDE, big toolbars, everything looks crappy.

Got a screenshot of it running in Gnome?

Looks fine for me in KDE. Screenshot.

That isn't maximised obviously, but you get the idea.

EDIT: Linked screenshot.

i looked 3/4 pages back in this forum and didn't see a similar poll...

sorry if i have posted a new one with an existing still running though :(

The other one, the one that includes WM options, is located in the Customizing Your Linux OS forum.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=205861

For some reason, it's been a while since we've had polls like this. Now we'll probably get a flood.

Mark, how about changing the poll title to something like "of these 2 choices, which do you prefer?" so open_coder can vote. :rolleyes:

There's some app you can get to make GTK use the KDE theme, although the name escapes me right now.

Got a screenshot of it running in Gnome?

Looks fine for me in KDE. Screenshot.

That isn't maximised obviously, but you get the idea.

EDIT: Linked screenshot.

Im on Windows now but Ill post one later.

EDIT

Here we go:

post-30-1093012877.jpg

Edited by karma_police

the intention wasn't to poll "what WM do you use" but which out of KDE and Gnome is the most popular.

Doesn't the topic title lend itself to that?