What would you do to live Forever?

What would you do to live Forever?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do to live Forever?

• Get Frozen
    • Get my Head Frozen
    • Kill a Clone for spare parts
    • Make ritual sacrafices
    • Use Cybernetics some - like a new heart but still 50% Human
    • Use Cybernetics - Even in that means most of me is created
    • Robotics - Move all that is me into a robot
    • Get stuck forever looking outward in an event horizon
    • Do not want to live forver
    • I already am through - Heaven. afterlife, or Reincarnation

I would only want to live 'forever' if it were like 'elves' from LoTR. In that, I mean by living without aging and by keeping healthy.

To live forever but to continually age and 'break down' would suck the big one.

I don't know what I would do to keep living forever. Not possible, so I hadn't really thought of it. How about a fountain of youth. I could kick around in that for a while.

FOREVER !! no way? imagine, after you have done EVERYTHING possible, what would you do ??

live a long time, yes, of course, but no way do I want to live Forever. :no:

I probably wouldn't like to live forever, but a good 500 years or so would be nice, by use of cybernetic replacements / enhancements.

Just Imagine Neowin in about 500 Years, there would probably be a forum dedicated to overclocking your heart.

Nothing, i wouldnt want to live forever and watch everyone and everything die around me that i cared about, and being alone for eternity.

I just want to live my normal lifespan

The idea of living forever does appeal, think of all the things you could experience in any given time period.

If there was a fail safe built into the whole process, that you could terminate your life once you felt you had lived long enough and accomplished whatever you wanted then yeah, I would buy into that.

There is one point to living forever, you'd need to be working each and every day at your job until you would die :s

Of course, you could always save enough cash to switch careers at some point if you got bored

I would love to live forver, but not actually ... live. I would go crazy if I do. But when my time arrives I will put myself in a freezer forever. :D That way I don't need to worry about being unplugged. :ninja: Well you know what I mean. :yes:

i already died once and despite the fact that earth will be gona in about 1-5 million years cuz it moves towards the sun..dunno. eternal life isn't supposed to work, but would be fun.

If I were to make the decision to live forever (unlikely), my choice would be Gene Therapy (not listed). Being frozen isn't living forever, it's being frozen forever, doing nothing but being frozen. That's no good. Using cloned organs would also not make you live forever, eventually the parts you can't replace would break down (our cells are "programmed" to deteriorate and die). Being any part not-human just to live forever would not be something I'd do... if I lost a limb or went blind or deaf I'd use robotic parts, but I wouldn't become a cyborg just so I could live a long time.

The only way to stay 100% human and live "forever" would be to turn off the genes that cause aging. You would still die from diseases, and you would still die from smoking, bad diet, outside factors (hit by car, etc.), but your body would cese to age, so you would never die of old age, and your body would never be affected by anything which comes about as a byproduct of your body aging. Of course, we would need to know how to disable the genes on-the-fly while you are living, or else put the "pause button" on a time delay so those genes aren't rendered ineffective until like 25 years old or so. Most gene therapy is only effective in the embryo stage or even before. Any time after that messed up stuff begins to happen (with our current knowledge/technology).

[EDIT] actually, now that I think about it, you would actually need to find the genes that initiate the deterioration of your cells. So really, you wouldn't need to do it on-the-fly or with a time-delay... [/EDIT]

Don't know what Iwould do to live forever, but i would like to.

People you love may die around you, but you always meet new people to care for etc, but then they would die and even more people you care about dieing, damn I see now what you mean, tough choice

I like the event horizon bit, black holes are cool!

But with the poll, it's a null vote, i would rather be able to stop ageing, although the idea of having my consciousness transferred to a robot is really cool (Total Annihilation anybody?.

^^yeah that game was alright, alot better than some of the RTS games they come out with today

Yeah id live forever, but only as a testament that makind existed.

I would like to live forever as a mortal being if:

#1: NASA pulls it's head out of it's a$$ and builds us something that doesn't go boom when it goes to another planet, and gets the pulse engines finished so we can go find other planets like Alpha Centuari to colonize. :ike:

#2: I was able to maintian the looks, agility, intelligence and physique of my 21 years of age, WHILE gaining the wisdom of the older generation and WITHOUT having the mental block that old people get when you refeer to stuff of the current generation and not being able to comprehend anything that came after they turned 55 (I want to be able to change with the current generation without being clingly to the past and repulsed by the new world like old people are). :rolleyes:

#3 I found a girl to spend it all with. Fact: If I didn't, I would get pretty lonely and would probably kill myself after I buried a few friends and family. :(

All is a moot point anyway becuse I will live forever in heaven with Christ anyway... :yes:

Marc