Overtime Pay

Congratulations, if you make between $23,660 and $100,000, you have very likely lost your right to overtime pay, courtesy of the Bush administration.

This guy just seems to screw up more and more stuff all the time.

hey alfador, whats up, another fellow mteer for kerry (Y)

#4 party school as well :laugh: combine those and we are like #1 :wacko:

Edited by username

Where's adonai and JK? All we need is for them to say they are getting paid even more for overtime work :rolleyes:

Bush really screwed up this time, not like he hasn't before. Time to get that mule out of there.

i hope all the bush supporters will think twice about voting for him after they get their smaller paychecks

i hope all the democrats won't vote for kerry when they see that their taxes will be higher than their paycheck.

Bush really screwed up this time, not like he hasn't before. Time to get that mule out of there.

i already posted, but I guess u just ignore me. you don't think he screwed up b/c u don't know anything about this besides from a liberal media column.

i already posted, but I guess u just ignore me. you don't think he screwed up b/c u don't know anything about this besides from a liberal media column.

You posted absolute nonsense.

whose Kerry? this gives companies more power to do what they want, good way to make smaller government by doing this.

Is that your response to back up Bush with this stupid decision?

You know you don't like this decision, but you do not want to admit it because it'll affect your ego.

Also, you say I know nothing about this other than from the liberal media? What the hell do the Republicans say about no overtime pay?

i hope all the democrats won't vote for kerry when they see that their taxes will be higher than their paycheck.

OK, first off this post makes no sense... not to mention that you are saying Kerry will win because how else will democrats not vote for him after he raises taxes??? :laugh:

Under the new rules, workers will know their overtime rights, employers will know their responsibilities and the department can more vigorously enforce these protections

So, you're telling us that the workers never knew their rights? Not that it matters now, since they don't qualify for overtime pay :whistle:

that was a quote from Elaine Chao, just so you know. it's not false, but i figured u liberals would attack it anyway, hence why i didn't say where i got it from.

it clearly defines overtime pay for workers, IT'S NOT NECESSARY THAT OVERTIME PAY IS LOST. You have to realize, it now defines is so that workers won't, say, work overtime and not get paid for it. Read this:

Employers have sought the changes for decades, complaining they were ambiguous and out of date, and questioning why highly paid professionals should get overtime pay. Retailers, restaurants, insurance companies and others were getting hit with multimillion dollar lawsuits by workers claiming they were cheated out of overtime pay.

see my point? all of you were saying that overtime pay is now gone, but I tried to tell you: you don't know what your talking about, read up on it.

that was a quote from Elaine Chao, just so you know. it's not false, but i figured u liberals would attack it anyway, hence why i didn't say where i got it from.

it clearly defines overtime pay for workers, IT'S NOT NECESSARY THAT OVERTIME PAY IS LOST. You have to realize, it now defines is so that workers won't, say, work overtime and not get paid for it. Read this:

see my point? all of you were saying that overtime pay is now gone, but I tried to tell you: you don't know what your talking about, read up on it.

The only problem is that now more people can be considered 'Professional'...a lot more.

The 6 million number may be a little high, but I think the [EPI] analysis is the most complete," said Thomas Kochan, a management professor at MIT's Sloan School of Business. "Some changes to the overtime rules are needed, but the ones proposed don't reflect the nature of work today."

In its report, the EPI said that its numbers are an estimate and "we have been unable to determine the impact of many of the changes with any precision."

Under current rules, a worker would have to meet three tests to become ineligible for overtime pay: a minimum pay test, an hourly-pay or salary test and a duties test.

The EPI said the revised rules announced in March would affect the duties test the most and "dramatically increase the number of workers who would be classified as 'professional,' 'administrative,' or 'executive' and thus remove millions of additional workers from overtime coverage," the EPI said.

For instance, the group contends that employees who merely recommend, but not carry out, the changes for two employees they supervise will be classified as executives and become exempt from overtime pay.

whose Kerry? this gives companies more power to do what they want, good way to make smaller government by doing this.

It is quite obvious from your post that you don't work. Probabaly haven't reached that age yet have you. What, do you still live with mommy and daddy and don't have to worry about where your next meal is coming from or having a roof over your head. Or are you one of those rich ###### that have mommy and daddy pay for everything. Either way, it is because of attitudes such as yours why our country is as screwed as it is

It is quite obvious from your post that you don't work. Probabaly haven't reached that age yet have you. What, do you still live with mommy and daddy and don't have to worry about where your next meal is coming from or having a roof over your head. Or are you one of those rich ###### that have mommy and daddy pay for everything. Either way, it is because of attitudes such as yours why our country is as screwed as it is

Man the desperation is seeping out of your every post. Truly sad to see you come apart this way, my condolences on your upcoming November loss. ;)

The topic:

one specific example:

CHARLESTON ? The city of North Charleston faces an added cost of $200,000 a year to its $62 million budget under new federal overtime regulations.North Charleston employs about 970 people, and 93 of those workers, ranging from inspectors to firefighters, are now eligible for overtime they previously didn?t get.

The city will need to accommodate about 5,000 hours of overtime.

In Charleston, only eight of its 1,640 employees are newly eligible. Similar to North Charleston, no employee there lost benefits.

The new guidelines mark the first federal update for overtime pay in half a century. Under the new rules, employees who earn less than $23,600 ? or about $455 a week ? are guaranteed overtime. That?s far more than the $8,000 limit set decaWhite-collar workers who make more than $100,000 won?t be eligible. The regulations become tough to decipher for workers who make between $23,600 and $100,000. Employees who are classified as executives or administrators likely won?t get overtime. overtime.

thestate.com
The new overtime rules also offer explicit guarantees to many workers earning above the $23,660 threshold, including blue collar workers and workers who receive overtime under a union contract. Licensed practical nurses and first responders including police and firefighters also receive greater protection under Hourly workers will continue to be guaranteed overtime regardless of pay, job or title. or title.
NY Daily News
Q: Who will benMany lower-wage earners are more likely to get overtime under the changes.e changes. That's because the regulations set a new "salary threshold" for determining who gets overtime. Workers who earn less than $455 a week, or $23,660 a year, will now be able to collect overtime pay, regardless of their job duties. Previously, the weekly salary limit had been $155, or $8,0Government officials say the rules mean 1.3 million workers who haven't been eligible for overtime will be able to get the extra pay.extra pay.

Q: Who will loseEmployees who earn more than $100,000 annually and who perform some executive, professional or administrative job duties, as defined by the federal government, will be among those exempt from overtime. overtime. Government officials say an estimated 107,000 white-collar workers earning $100,000 or more who have been eligible for overtime will lose it.

USA today

So given all the above, we are to believe the party that is traditionally for the poor and demonizes the rich is against new laws that will give more overtime pay to 1.3 million people below the $23k threshold and take it away from those making over $100K who are in managerial positions?

Try again guys, the scare tactics aren't going to work this time.

Man the desperation is seeping out of your every post. Truly sad to see you come apart this way, my condolences on your upcoming November loss. ;)

The topic:

one specific example:

thestate.com

NY Daily News

USA today

So given all the above, we are to believe the party that is traditionally for the poor and demonizes the rich is against new laws that will give more overtime pay to 1.3 million people below the $23k threshold and take it away from those making over $100K who are in managerial positions?

As I told JK, you are going to feel real stupid if Kerry wins

The topic:

one specific example:

thestate.com

NY Daily News

USA today

hehe..nice post.

Ahh, when confronted with the facts there's nothing left but namecalling.

i looked for an arguement in there, and all i found was whining. i have a regular job, i don't get paid hourly though, set salary. but go ahead, keep making insulting assumptions about me, b/c you know me, right?

another term in the senate? i guess that's possible...

i don't think that was the point of adonai's post Spy.... ;)

really im glad someone pointed out exactlly what the thing means...because i've been confused about the overtime thing....