Battery Monitor.NET

ill give it a go ive got size down as

<Size>9,75</Size>

edit the changes you made fix the problem seems to work totaly fine now no memory leaching ill report if i have any problems but it seems to be all fixed

Well that is the damn problem. The fontsize.

It has to do with the regional settings. Some countries use 9,75 and others use 9.75. Mine uses 9,75, so if your country uses 9.75 you are screwed (can't believe the .NET routines don't catch that problem....).

Anyways, changing it to 10 (just an integer) fixes the problem.

Download in the fist post is updated. Hope you can enjoy it now ;)

So now that I've seen it, I'd imagine themes that match with people's desktop icon themes woulde make this a pretty sweet program, also size adjustment would be nice, so it can match icon sizes.

So now that I've seen it, I'd imagine themes that match with people's desktop icon themes woulde make this a pretty sweet program, also size adjustment would be nice, so it can match icon sizes.

You can make the PNG's used in the theme smaller, it will adapt to that size.

Resizing the images dynamically could be possible, but will never gain nice results. I have to use Bicubic resizing algorithms then and that causes blur. So the skin defines the size of the monitor.

Schmoove, you're using WinAPI, to get the battary state? tongue.gif ... Just wondering...

Yes, marshalling a DLL. The .NET framework doesn't provide classes to read these values, so you will have to use the Windows API.

BTW, sorry for the stupid bug... it's my first application in .NET (C#). Normally I only program in ANSI C and C++.

I could have made this in C++ easily, but this application was specifically started to try out .NET so ;)

Edited by Schmoove

Something else you can do with the font size is set it to 9.75 instead of 9,75 and it works ok as well. However, on the control panel, no matter what size I set the text for, it never shows up and I can't read any options on the control panel for this app.

Also, after making this switch, it is only using 5,316k of memory.

Edited by Crazyhawki

ok

edited my xml so its size ten now

thats stopped the massive cpu usage and lagging up of my latop

but 20mb ram usage

also, would be nice if when you pressed the show desktop button it didnt minimise ( i dont want it always on top)

1 more thing, could the font colour be change able :D

Any chance you could distribute this in a zip file instead? ;) I don't have winrar installed right now and don't really feel like going to get it just for this one file :p

Any chance you could distribute this in a zip file instead? ;) I don't have winrar installed right now and don't really feel like going to get it just for this one file :p

here you go: http://users.skynet.be/bk265512/Battery_Mo..._dotNET_0_1.zip

ok

edited my xml so its size ten now

thats stopped the massive cpu usage and lagging up of my latop

but 20mb ram usage

also, would be nice if when you pressed the show desktop button it didnt minimise ( i dont want it always on top)

1 more thing, could the font colour be change able biggrin.gif

Mem usage: It started as a training in .NET programming and .NET uses more RAM then a C++ program for example. Can't do anything about it besides recoding it in C++, which I'm not gonna do. Comes with the territory.... sorry.

About the minimizing: I'll see if I can pull that off, though haven't got an idea how (besides putting it in always on top mode).... so maybe if I figure it out.

Font color: maybe in the next version. Shouldn't be to hard to put in. Easy even ;)

Another thing I noticed is that any settings made (such as screen position) is m=not saved to the xml file so every time you open up the program, it goes back to the defaults.

Another thing I noticed is that any settings made (such as screen position) is m=not saved to the xml file so every time you open up the program, it goes back to the defaults.

It saves the settings when you press 'OK' in the preferences box and when it exits the program (though make sure you don't have the XML file opened in an editor, because then it can't write the file).

Also it only remembers the position of the monitor if you check the option "remember monitor position" in the preferences box.

Checking the box did it, but I am still unable to read what any of the boxes say since no text is showing up, so I just made a guess as to which checkbox it is. Thanks. Any ideas about the text not appearing?

Checking the box did it, but I am still unable to read what any of the boxes say since no text is showing up, so I just made a guess as to which checkbox it is. Thanks. Any ideas about the text not appearing?

Can you post a screenshot maybe? Are you using themes (msstyle/windowblinds)?

It should look like this:

post-88-1094159560.png