Neowin's 2nd Annual 2004-05 Weekly NFL Picks!

My picks for Week 1

Indianapolis @ New England

Sunday, September 12:

Seattle @ New Orleans

Cincinnati @ NY Jets

Arizona @ St. Louis

Tennessee @ Miami

Oakland @ Pittsburgh

San Diego @ Houston

Jacksonville @ Buffalo

Detroit @ Chicago

Baltimore @ Cleveland

Tampa Bay @ Washington

Atlanta @ San Francicso

Dallas @ Minnesota

NY Giants @ Philadelphia

Kansas City @ Denver

MONDAY NIGHT!

Green Bay @ Carolina Total Points: 37

Just going off my first post here that I asked but got no response.. = kidding ;)

I know...hehe...I said that cause I corrected my spelling. I know how to spell Pittsburgh...I guess I got lazy. :D

DL's Week 1 Picks:

Thursday, September 9:

Indianapolis @ New England

Sunday, September 12:

Seattle @ New Orleans

Cincinnati @ NY Jets

Arizona @ St. Louis

Tennessee @ Miami

Oakland @ Pittsburgh

San Diego @ Houston

Jacksonville @ Buffalo

Detroit @ Chicago

Baltimore @ Cleveland

Tampa Bay @ Washington

Atlanta @ San Francicso

Dallas @ Minnesota

NY Giants @ Philadelphia

Kansas City @ Denver

MONDAY NIGHT!

Green Bay @ Carolina Total Points: 44

Just so you all know. I have changed my dallas/minnesota game....I can't be a fanboy on that one.:no:o:

Yeah, it might be a good matchup though but I had to go with the Vikings as well.

I know...hehe...I said that cause I corrected my spelling. I know how to spell Pittsburgh...I guess I got lazy.:D:D

suuuuuuuuuuuuuur:rolleyes:s: that's what they all say..:p:p

Well I can't post my pics because I didn't quite think about looking for this thread until it was late. But I will say this much that those of you that picked Tampa Bay, Green Bay and New England too lose will be wrong. Now Indy losing isn't fair because they just did lose but I I think Tampa Bay will win and Green Bay will win for these reasons below.

I think Tampa Bay is the most underrated team in the NFL and I'm liking it just fine because when it gets near the end of the season our pirate ship will be shocking the heck out of everybody and other teams won't be able to adjust. Its looking exactly like our superbowl run two seasons ago.

I also think the Panthers are "THE" most overrated team in the NFL. I wouldn't count on winning those 3 points or less games another 7 of 8 times this season. You can't rely on making field goals and winning 7 games by three points or less with what three of them being in OT. It just won't happen this year. Just look at the Indy game just a little while ago.

Now I see the Bucs as being better because Sapp and Lynch won't hurt us being gone for this reason. First off Sapp only got 5 sacks last year and couldn't stop the run. I think Booger can do better than that and he is younger as well. Rice will still be there and the two ends are the same and better. Also Lynch did not make great plays and he was injured quite a bit and when he was in there he couldn't make the hits he used to make because of his neck. I see Lynch as a hard hitting player that can take you out but when he can't take you out he is average and below average if hurt. We have a better and younger player taking Johns place.

I also see our offensive line as being much better and all our starters and backups can play nearly all OL positions. That was our problem last year was we had no depth and what we did have couldn't be moved around very well. We couldn't move our guys around because they can't play different positions. That is a big difference. I also see White, Allstott and Garner being very effective this year along with Pittman coming back. I also see Clayton having a big year with Gallaway doing a great job. I also see Shroader and Lee having very good years. I don't see Kmac even hurting us at all.

Our defensive backfield is very much improved and deep with guys like Ivy and Gold. We will have our starters back and our backups can play without getting burnt if a starter goes out. Our kick return and coverage is much improved. I see our field goal kicking as being a good chance for major problems.

I also base that even with our so called bad defense we still finished with the 5th defense in the NFL. Now I don't see us again this year having almost every receiver getting injured along with the running backs and offensive line as well. I don't see our defensive backfield getting as many injuries either and what they do get they are much better at depth to overcome them.

But we had tons of injuries above the norm that won't happen this year. Also facter in that the year we had all these problems we had a rador on us because we won the superbowl.

Now onto the Colts and I will make it short. The Colts have a very bad defense and if I have to hear about Dungy being a great defense guy I will throw up. Now I see the Colts being a below 500 team if either Manning and/or Harrison gets injured for more than three games. Also facter in that Manning has gone quite a few games without an injury and some would think he is due. Also I think Manning is a very average QB when playing against a good defense. I also think that even an average defense can beat Manning.

Manning seems to me like he is an all timing QB and as such if you can put pressure on him and your defensive backs can just stay infront of his receivers you can force INTs and incompletions. I think if Manning can't throw to a spot he is very average. I also think that Manning can't run out of the pocket and throw while running. I saw this problem against the Bucs last year even though we lost and I saw it in the against the Pats both times last year and I saw it again today.

Now I see the Panthers as having many things go for them. I don't see them as being as fortunate to keep getting those close games. The Panthers defense can be beat and their offensive will struggle this year with their offensive line. They only had one offensive linemen for one game out for the entire season and that is amazing in todays NFL. I don't think their FG kicking will pull them through. Also they won't win 7 of 8 close games again this year assuming those games are close at the end of the game.

I see the Panthers as having everything go their way last year and couldn't win it and I don't see everything going there way this year. I see the Bucs as having everything go against them last year and I think this year that nothing will go for or against them this year.

Mark my words that the Panthers won't make the Playoffs and will be 7-9 and the Bucs will win a bye at 13-3 and will win the Superbowl against of all teams the Colts. Gruden will be the axe that grinds Dungy.

:sleep: another seaclearly essay :sleep:

What exactly is that supposed to mean. Those are my thoughts and I said them in a nice way to the best of my ability and others thoughts are very serious to me as well. Its football season and time for a little bit of fun smack talk. But to be honest I can't even guess how the hell this season will end up. Nothing ever goes the way it should go for any team. There is always something that screws some team up but that is pure parity at its best.

Your first post had way too much text for a weekly NFL pick thread. Colts and Bucs won't make the Super Bowl this year.

Mods: Will there be an official thread to talk about the NFL season?

boog just done count the thrusday, and saturday game for me im too late with them!

here is my picks for sundays games!

Seattle @ NEW ORLEANS

Cincinnati @ NY JETS

Arizona @ ST.LOUIS

Oakland @ Pittsburgh

San Diego @ HOUSTON

JACKSONVILLE @ Buffalo

Detroit @ CHICAGO

BALTIMORE @ Cleveland

TAMPA BAY @ Washington

ATLANTA @ San Francicso

Dallas @ MINNESOTA

NY GIANTS @ Philadelphia

KANSAS CITY @ Denver

MONDAY NIGHT!

Green Bay @ CAROLINA 32 PTS

boog just done count the thrusday, and saturday game for me im too late with them!

here is my picks for sundays games!

Seattle @ NEW ORLEANS

Cincinnati @ NY JETS

Arizona @ ST.LOUIS

Oakland @ Pittsburgh

San Diego @ HOUSTON

JACKSONVILLE @ Buffalo

Detroit @ CHICAGO

BALTIMORE @ Cleveland

TAMPA BAY @ Washington

ATLANTA @ San Francicso

Dallas @ MINNESOTA

NY GIANTS @ Philadelphia

KANSAS CITY @ Denver

MONDAY NIGHT!

Green Bay @ CAROLINA 32 PTS

May I ask who did you pick? You didn't highlight any teams or pointed to any of them :huh:

' date='Sep 13 2004, 15:15'] I did pretty good... haha look at all the people that picked kansas city to win lol!

It actually seemed like an easy choice at the time too. Just goes to show what I know.