WTC to sue Saudi Arabia over 9/11

Id be pretty interested in seeing what comes of this. Should be quite entertaining.

How would you sue another country though that has different laws than the US? Is that even possible? Not being sarcastic.

Id be pretty interested in seeing what comes of this. Should be quite entertaining.

How would you sue another country though that has different laws than the US? Is that even possible? Not being sarcastic.

The trial would be held in the US, the named Saudis don't necessarily have to be there. Nor to they have to obey any judgement and pay up. I've heard of this happening before but can't recall enough specifics to search on it.

I hope the Saudi's have a good lawyer! Wait a minute, they do! James Baker! Bush Sr's Chief of Staff. W's lawyer for the Florida election (he held the title of "Republican election observer"). Senior Counsel for The Carlyle Group. Appointed by W as envoy, to arrange the restructuring of Iraq's billion dollar debt. Etc.

Here in Reality

James Baker's law firm defends the Saudis against 9/11 families

Everyone does deserve a fair trial, but a member of both past and current Bush administrations shouldn't be the lawyer for a foreign country, against the Port Authority and the families of the victims of 9/11. A slight conflict of interest.

I hope the Saudi's have a good lawyer! Wait a minute, they do! James Baker! Bush Sr's Chief of Staff. W's lawyer for the Florida election (he held the title of "Republican election observer"). Senior Counsel for The Carlyle Group. Appointed by W as envoy, to arrange the restructuring of Iraq's billion dollar debt. Etc.

Here in Reality

James Baker's law firm defends the Saudis against 9/11 families

my thoughts exactly, what a great american (Y)

Yes i'm also very curious to how any Saudi, who has no affiliation with the US (businesses), is subject to American laws and jurisdiction. If someone from another country tried sueing me, i'd laugh because what makes me subject to their countries judgement and laws. (except in the cases of capital crimes, where international extradition laws would come into effect)