What Is your Favorite Alternative OS and Why

Mac OS X, because its a BSD with an awesome user-friendly environment. I must say that it is actually user-friendly, no hype there!

see i'd have to say that OSX is horrible when it comes to being user-friendly, but that's just me.

anyways, Gentoo and Fedora are a few of my favorites simply because i like the ability to customize the entire OS (drives, kernel, appearance, etc)... ;)

I use Windows XP for gaming and just about everything else. But for fun, I have followed the LFS guide http://www.linuxfromscratch.org and BLFS guide for fun, now *that* is customizing your OS. Being able to choose what to install, where to install, and everything like that, beats even slackware, because you make the rules and choose what goes on. :)

-jbenhm

OSX of course.

Oh and the only reason certain people don't like OSX is, in my view, because they are use to the Windows way of doing things. I mean talk to any OSX user and they will tell you they don't like the way Windows does things and is hard to use. It's the same difference.

I dont think XP should be considered an "alternative". But anyway... I run Yoper Linux and love it.

I just installed Yoper yesterday and it is the best linux distro ever and I will probally stick with this one for a long long time. I love it!