Quake 4 Preview

Man if they set the gameplay up in this as more "Army / Warfare" ala "Operation Flashpoint" or even "Raveshield" then this could be uttterly brilliant :)

From the screens it looks a little Doom3 ish for me aswell but in saying that I cant complain cause Doom3 is flipping gorgeus!

But lets face it gameplay is whats te ultimate thing, i mean i can sit for hours playing a SNES rpg and never enjoy it, or i can sit and play an hour of say the laclustre "Unreal 2" and be bored ****less

So im saying yeah i,ll put my money on Quake 4 being **** hot.... aslong as the gameplay element is there. God pray for gritty c-fi combat with thought. Oh and for the folks who,ll go Doom3 sucks etc and so will Quake 4 cause theyre nearly the same game all I wanna say is

Doom3 isnt about the story Id put enuff in to as accomadate new players but also let veterans feel like theyd open the lid on the coffin a little more. Doom is and always was about sticing a boom boom stick up an Imps arse and watching the entrails spray about.... rinse repeat and enjoy!

Sorry im a little all over the place witht his one, cause wll its Quake 4 for Id vets this is Halflife 2 on wheels. How i remember playin Quake like an animal on my N64 cause I couldnt afford a PC back then (damn parents).

But yeah pray the gameplay is what sells this... and pray we have something intuative to the genre in there cause otherwise i could see this being only a fairly enjoyable follow up to Doom3 when really its gotta stand on its own legs like every quake to date has.

Oh and one other reasonably interesting point. Quake was Id`s first real 3D game, by which I mean a trye 3D engin powered it not some 2D sprites gettin down and funky on a semi 3D backdrop.

Just hope .. is it Raven? hell the folks who are developing this one keep some of in mind

I don't like it one bit. It doesn't have any continuity from Quake III (rather, it's QII inspired)

and what a dumb plot, alien name, why in the DOOM 3 engine everyone has to be bald and look the same ?

why is the color dark drab metal looking everywhere ? yuck.

not impressed.

.... Sure sure "doesn't have any continuity with Quake III"..

:blink: It's sure bcs Quake III was "Quake III : Arena" and not a game w/ single player and story

If you are that kind of player, go with Unreal Tournament or wait for the "multiplayer part of Quake 4"

but for now i'ts showing single player side, the real side of the Quake things,

Quake 1, 2 is real Quake "Quake III : Arena" was a kind of... things to play online

Quake 4 is a "REAL" Quake to the continuity to 1 and 2 - Remember Quake was kind of dark too...

This is Quake.

:yes:

I don't like it one bit. It doesn't have any continuity from Quake III (rather, it's QII inspired)

Quake 3 is not a prequel to Quake 4, nor is Quake 3 a sequel to Quake 2. Quake 2 however IS prequel of Quake 4... you should know that by now.

Although screenshot are rather nice and somewhat DOOM3 like, quite obvious why, they don't show the game play and other things you woulc encounter while playing. Same was with DOOM3, screenshots with jaggy edges and things like that... but do tell me, do REALLY pay attention to those when a monster is moving to you at whatever speed and you have to shoot it. If the anwser is yes, then you are not playing the game at all. Same will be with Quake 4, edges all over yet you would really care less when you are playing it. I for one care less for those things as the game (DOOM3) looks good enough already.

Look that kind of people just wanna shoot in an arena, that don't listen to any story or whatever...

why in the DOOM 3 engine everyone has to be bald and look the same ?
Why ?

... one word

MARINE

:no:

not impressed.

go play pong... (or frogger maybe you can get fragged by a log) LMAO

yes ut has that,but i like ids games,as i do unr.

but this sentence:"Doom 3... was horror. With Quake 4, it's war",is what they really mean,doom 3 was horror and it sucks,so with quake 4 it will suck so much we will have a war with fans,that is how i get it...

yes ut has that,but i like ids games,as i do unr.

but this sentence:"Doom 3... was horror. With Quake 4, it's war",is what they really mean,doom 3 was horror and it sucks,so with quake 4 it will suck so much we will have a war with fans,that is how i get it...

Please understand if your crappy ass computer cannot run Doom 3 it is not the game's fault........

Hmm i played just a little bit of Q1 and Q2 and its ok but i just love Q3:A so i guess i will wait for Q5:A. This looks pretty good tho using the doom 3 engine. I hope it makes all gamers happy. :)

Please understand if your crappy ass computer cannot run Doom 3 it is not the game's fault........

How did you assume that his PC is at fault ? :huh: Thats a very lame excuse for Doom 3 sucking so bad. :whistle:

Hopefully Raven will do a better job with the gameplay and it looks like all indoors but atleast the lighting is decent. :happy:

How did you assume that his PC is at fault ? :huh: Thats a very lame excuse for Doom 3 sucking so bad. :whistle:

Hopefully Raven will do a better job with the gameplay and it looks like all indoors but atleast the lighting is decent. :happy:

because it is the only reason to complain about Doom 3. That and the darkness but there is always flashlight mods and you can turn up your monitor's brightness to 100%

If those arnt the reason you dont like Doom 3 then

a) You dont like FPS

b) You hate when a good game does a good job

Hmm i played just a little bit of Q1 and Q2 and its ok but i just love Q3:A so i guess i will wait for Q5:A. This looks pretty good tho using the doom 3 engine. I hope it makes all gamers happy. :)

2 xeon with wildcat card,yeah crap.

it looks ****ty,i was hoping for more but,it left only hope...

you played a little q1,2,and you qualify for what,i played space invaders when they were made,so?

because it is the only reason to complain about Doom 3. That and the darkness but there is always flashlight mods and you can turn up your monitor's brightness to 100%

If those arnt the reason you dont like Doom 3 then

a) You dont like FPS

b) You hate when a good game does a good job

it felt like playing point and click adventure,doom was never scripted to this point of having no freedom of any choice,and yes it is too dark to cover up for **** they did not make right,so.

it is an opinion,who are you to question mine,as i did not question yours.

i dont like it and am a fps fan,and played every fps that was worth the play,so what is your point.

o yeah i hate the world too,you are the sole judge of that.

Ravensoft isn't gonna be able to pull off what the Quake 3 community is expecting. Just using something based on the doom3 engine isn't gonna please a lot of the hardcore q3 players/fans.

but if...

id software made it, they would make a even more powerful engine than doom3 from scratch, and then spend a year making the most 'Holy ****!' jaw dropping game to date.

Oh, and for the people who think that UT is the most hardcore game, think about this: If you go to QuakeCon and talk **** about Quake3, you will probably get your ass whooped into mashed potatos 100 different ways for 10 hours by pis.sed off people with a real version of the rocket launcher from the game.

UT players would call you and ###### and tell you to go away.

Sounds like somebody has a temper problem. In any case, this game is guaranteed to rock. Who can't love Quake? The original was my very first multiplayer experience over the internet.. even on Heat.net (any of you remember that?). In my opinion it was one of the founding games to help multiplayer gaming over the net take off. If you think it's "going to suck" because it uses the Doom 3 engine, then get a clue. "0mFG itz n0t CS w/ my AWP!" or the same UT-based crap that we see. UT2003, UT2004.. what, a yearly thing? All I ask for is the railgun in Quake 4 :D