The RIAA is going too far

considering that Sony is also a record company and maker of electronic products, it will never happen. if you don't have the support of all of the recording companies something like that won't work. Sony would never kill one business for the sake of another.

What the RIAA is doing is stupid. It'd be like taking pennies from the "take a penny leave a penny" tray. Then one day theres a cop there busting your ass because you've taken too many pennys.

yeah, they're gonna have one hell of a hard time trying to put that into action.

The RIAA and MPAA may be big and strong, but they're not THAT strong.

every stupid action they try to take makes me want to download music more and more, instead of buying it, just to be one of those people that **** them off.

Insane.

As other have said, this could never come to pass.. too many companies, too much money, and too much interest (not to mention the avalanche of public reactions that would happen) over something like this!

Insane.

As other have said, this could never come to pass.. too many companies, too much money, and too much interest (not to mention the avalanche of public reactions that would happen) over something like this!

the tech industry vs riaa

riaa has the tech industry surrounded on all sides

tech industry says: poor bastards, they have no chance :)

(adoptation of 101'st airborne jk)

Of course, the movie industry was lucky it lost the case against VCRs, because home video soon became Hollywood's largest source of revenue.

This is a bit misleading. Hollywood would have been just fine without VCRs. Why? VCPs of course. The DVD Player can't record squat and Hollywood's raking in the bucks from DVD sales.

Regardless, this legislation would never pass. They might as well outlaw screwdrivers because they can be used to kill people.

I agree that this piece of legislation will never pass. In passing it, they open up a door that can never be open...i.e. banning car sales because they can be used to commit bank robberies and banning screw drivers because they can kill people.

my opinion os this

if they ban media that can be used to record sounds and video, wont they be banning the verry media they rely on