Download managers

Question

Is it possible to have a download manager which is capable of resuming a broken download, even if the server hosting the file doesn't support a resume feature ?? If so.. any recommendations ??

Tai :ponder:

I like Download Accelerator. Although, if you are using Win XP, there is something similar built-in (perhaps on Win2k too?) and i dont use it anymore ;) Download accelerator is actually very good... even for advanced users, becuase it automatically does and FTP search and finds best ping/loss rate from server.

Ah, I'd recommend using either RealDownload or Netscape SmartDownload, especially Netscape SmartDownload! Netscape SmartDownload uses next-to-zero memory, unlike Download Accellerator and GetRight! :D

DAP has "Always Resume" feature which allow you to resume the download even if the host doesn't support resuming. DAP also allow you to set a bandwitd for the download speed, and many more.. pretty nice d/l manager :D

READ THIS!!!

User Feedback

e-mails from FlashGet users

I am a software designer/developer and I'm always looking for useful tools to make my life easier. FlashGet certainly takes alot of stress out of my day! Even with my cable modem, downloads can still be painfully slow, not to mention having to keep all of the patches, upgrades and betas organized. Then FlashGet was featured through the C|Net newsletter and now my workday is no longer filled with the drudgery of painfully slow downloads. Such a relatively simple concept, so brilliantly executed! Congratulations on creating a truly unique and powerful utility that no one should be without. I've been recommending to everyone I know!

Keep up the great job!

Regards,

Brent Wice

Industry Solutions Consultant

Foodservice Exchange Inc.

Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!

I just felt like dropping a line about your WONDERFUL product FlashGet.

Probably the most useful download-tool I've seen in months.

Until I got it, I used an E-Mail service to get large files over long distances with slow connections. Disadvantage was, that the files arrived one day late (if at all. you didn't have any control either). And now I just don't bother about sizes etc. And with an ISDN-connection it really makes sense.

So, keep up the good work.

Bye

Steel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've downloaded your program FlashGet(JetCar), and I think it's the best download program I've ever seen! I've tried Go!Zilla, ReGet, Download Accelerator (Plus), GetRight, GetSmart, Download Devil, and a few other, but you have won!

The download speed is remarkably high, and it's very nice that 10 parts can be downloaded simultaneously: this increases the download speed enormously!

It is also very good that files can be resumed well, and very easily! I want to give you my compliments with your excellent product!

Please continue to improve your program furthermore, if this is possible in the first place?! And please let me know, when you'll have an update or another program of the same high quality!

Bye,

Paul Albertsma

last time I tried removing the spyware from flashget it stopped working... same happens to others i see but i'll check your links out.....

spasiba

Tai :devious:

I like download accelerator but haven't used it since I made the switch to XP because the sys tray icon is gray along the outside and it makes it look real ugly.

Holy f***! I never expected that such a thread would become this f***ing ridiculous! Just use RealDownload or Netscape SmartDownload! If you're annoyed with the ads in RealDownload, just download a key generator, click the button to kill the ads, and then type in the key!

What's the different between giving out serial number and giving out cracks? If posting serial number on this board was considered against the rule then I think posting cracks should be too. What's the different of these two things? Sure it's just the ad-remover, but didn't the rest of the people have to pay to get them remove?:ermm: Admin, wht do you think?

WEST: I doubt if that is real. I mean they could have pay someone to write those, or wrote it up 'emselve... :ponder:

I seriously doubt the validity of those as well. Look how many exclamation marks there are, they are everywhere. I have had some decent feedback for my software before, some very nice indeed but that just looks to much like someone raving on an on about how great something is, and that doesn't usually happen.

Oh yeah, the other point of this post. Ad-Aware is not a crack in any way. It simply removes all traces of spyware and adware from your system. Most apps that rely on adware will not function after this has been done, at least if they have been written well. There is nothing wrong or illegal about such software. In my mind the adware itself is much worse.

NO D/L manager can support resuming of a download if the server doesn't support it....Have you read the FAQ for DAP?

Originally posted by configure

DAP has "Always Resume" feature which allow you to resume the download even if the host doesn't support resuming. DAP also allow you to set a bandwitd for the download speed, and many more.. pretty nice d/l manager :D