Download managers

Question

Is it possible to have a download manager which is capable of resuming a broken download, even if the server hosting the file doesn't support a resume feature ?? If so.. any recommendations ??

Tai :ponder:

5. What is AlwaysResume feature and how do I use it ?

AlwaysResume is a feature/service that will allow you to resume broken downloads even from servers that does not allow you to do resuming. Until today, when you started to download a file from a server/network that didn't support resume, and for some reason the download was stopped, you needed to restart the download from the beginning, those days are over! - Now you can even resume those downloads. This feature will only work for dial-up users (that didn't configure a proxy) on files that are not above 10mb.

Straight from their FAQ :D

Oh sure...and the sun REVOLVES around the earth....don't believe any thing you hear...and ONLY half of what you see.....

Ciao....

Originally posted by configure

Straight from their FAQ :D

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AlwaysResume is a feature/service that will allow you to resume broken downloads even from servers that does not allow you to do resuming. Until today, when you started to download a file from a server/network that didn't support resume, and for some reason the download was stopped, you needed to restart the download from the beginning, those days are over! - Now you can even resume those downloads. This feature will only work for dial-up users (that didn't configure a proxy) on files that are not above 10mb.

Have you read the FAQ for DAP?
You asked for the FAQ, there it is.
don't believe any thing you hear
What makes you think that I've not try and check if it's really work before posting?! Beside have you even try it before assumiming that they're "lying"??

i dont use anymore either now i got broadband i dont really care if my download messes up....

windows built in download thing is best and fastest cant beat it

I read the FAQ...see what it says about working for a modem user?...and the limitation for the file size?

From DAP's site:

3. What happens if I lose my connection to a server?

If you lost your connection, don't worry. Relax. Download Accelerator Plus will be able to resume the download (in case the server support resume). See question : How do I resume my downloads ?.

4. Why can't I accelerate and I can't resume some of my downloads?

The acceleration and resume features works only when you download a file from a server that supports resumeable downloads. Most servers on the Internet support resumeable downloads, but some older servers may not (see question number 5). (If you are using proxy server configuration - it might also influence the support of the resume). If you are using a proxy that causing the downloads to be "Not resumeable" - consider not using this proxy.

/end DAP site.

Ok...let's say I AM a modem user...I fire up a file to download that's 9Meg....and it stops for some reason at 6Meg...the server DOES NOT support resuming....so what happens at that point....I reconnect to the said server....and my client begins requesting the same file that stopped at 6Meg....what will DAP do....pretend that file is ONLY the remaining 3Meg?....HOW, oh HOW???, can a client begin reguesting for ANYTHING the server was never configured to do?....WHAT would DAP do?....cache the contents...WHAT???....How will resuming occur???...I'm not talking about someone simply telling me what miracles a given software can perform, unless they work for MS, and they're telling me that Windoze is bug free and is a completely secure OS.

When did I use the word "lying"?....What I did do was QUESTION the credibility of such a claim.

Originally posted by configure

You asked for the FAQ, there it is.

What makes you think that I've not try and check if it's really work before posting?! Beside have you even try it before assumiming that they're "lying"??