Desktop Icons without Text

I may be just slow, but how come the recycle bin uses whatever icon I assign to the recycle bin (in iconpackager), but the control panel, my computer, etc...they all keep the stock ones no matter what I change them to?  (They're changed on the start menu and everything else)

What'd I miss? :(

The Recycle Bin is the only one which you can change the icons the normal way.

I had to edit the original Recycle Bin address to make it work.

The rest of the Icons you can change by editing the reg files.

To change the Icons, edit the lines under;

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}\DefaultIcon]

to something like @="X:\\XXXXXXX\\IconDir\\AnyIconYouWant.ico".

New Internet Explorer:

Added Cookies,Flush DNS Cache, History & Temporary Internet Files.

(Flush DNS cache: clears the DNS cache entries from memory and flushes any potentially old or bad name to IP mappings. This can be very useful in troubleshooting DNS name resolution problems.)

IE.zip

Again a new Recycle Bin: :ninja:

Now the "Clear Temp" command not only clears "C:\Windows\Temp", but it also removes the Subdirectories + it now also clears "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp" + Subdirectories.

I had to create a hex command to make it work, but you can edit it in the registry. :)

Recycle_Bin.zip

Edited by Herby

Is there a way to only make these changes to one user? I have 2 users on my system and I only want the changes to effect mine.

Uhmm,.. do they appear on the Desktop from the other user?

Yea...they appear on both users screens

For the Recycle Bin I have no good solution... yet.

It works, but the Icon won't change when it's full.

You have to edit all the "Add" reg files; Remove the line "IsShortcut"="" & the line under ;Add .......... to Desktop.

Import all the "Remove" regs and then import the edited "Add" regs exept the "Add Recycle Bin.reg".

Now Import the "Add Recycle Bin.reg" from the attached zip file and copy the Icons from the zip file to your Desktop.

Good point,... I never thought of that. :blush:

I am creating another fix, without the "Icons" in this zip file,... I'm a little bizzy right now but I'll post it later!

Users_Fix.zip

Edited by Herby

how about adding to each of these the option: "Change this Icon" and then you can navigate to the icon you want.

I would like that too, but I don't think that's possible.

They are virtual folders,... but if someone knows how to do it, please let me know!

For the Recycle Bin I have no good solution... yet.

It works, but the Icon won't change when it's full.

You have to edit all the "Add" reg files; Remove the line "IsShortcut"="" & the line under ;Add .......... to Desktop.

Import all the "Remove" regs and then import the edited "Add" regs exept the "Add Recycle Bin.reg".

Now Import the "Add Recycle Bin.reg" from the attached zip file and copy the Icons from the zip file to your Desktop.

Who were you talking to? Will this fix the users problem? Also, whats the Users_Fix.zip file for?

Who were you talking to?? Will this fix the users problem? Also, whats the Users_Fix.zip file for?

I was talking to you... :DD

This is a temporary fix.

I am creating a fix without the "Icons" in the zip file.

I'll post it tomorrow.

Edited by Herby

Herby = genius :D

I'll see if I can tackle the icons issue tonight. I see how they're referencing virtually, so it should be pretty simple.

Fixed: Multiple User Profiles Problem (Icons Appeard on all Desktops) :ninja:

When you installed the previous Icons, run "Remove all.bat" first and then import the "Add" reg files.

Important: When you have Multiple User Profiles on your Computer, use the "Add Recycle Bin MUP.reg"

This Recycle Bin doesn't change his Icon when it's full & you can't drag files in it, but you can empty and open it.

Added: Delete Cookies & Temp Internet Files in the Internet Explorer Context Menu.

This zip file contains:

- My Computer

- My Network Places

- My Documents

- Recycle Bin + MUP

- Control Panel

- Internet Explorer

- Mozilla Firefox

- Master Volume + NV

- Shutdown

[/Herby]

FixMUP.zip

I was just looking at the reg files and thought of something neat...I make quite a bit of use of the "shared Documents" area because I wander around the house with my Axim x3i and listen to music, etc (kind of like a personal media center edition, just WM2003), as well as access them from my other computer. I wonder how hard it'd be to modify the "My Documents" with my pictures, music, etc, to reference the system's "Shared Documents" folderspace?

I was just looking at the reg files and thought of something neat...I make quite a bit of use of the "shared Documents" area because I wander around the house with my Axim x3i and listen to music, etc (kind of like a personal media center edition, just WM2003), as well as access them from my other computer.  I wonder how hard it'd be to modify the "My Documents"  with my pictures, music, etc, to reference the system's "Shared Documents" folderspace?

:) Done... :D

Added:

? Shared Documents

? Shared Music

? Shared Pictures

? Shared Videos

My_Docs.zip