Desktop Icons without Text

ADVIcons is ready for testing. Please goto http://www.code714.com, sign up and download. You can then sign up to the Beta Testers newsletter to be informed of other beta programs. Hope ya like it.

585803865[/snapback]

why cant you just use shell object editor and regedit? takes like 30 seconds.

I tried ADVicon and it looks nice as program.

But my opinion about it is that you are making money on someone elses idea(s).

That is maybe why the law about intellectual ownership is so in discussion. (In US & Europe).

Just wondering how many bills that will pay.

I suggest you get a job.

Just my 2 cents.

@Herby:

Nice job dude.

What if you charged per reg-file ;)

For people that want ordinairy "no named" icons, I found this on my harddisk.

Download here

+ attached here too, in case :wacko:

Just double click the .reg-file for your OS, then copy the .cmd to your desktop and drag the icon(s) on to it.

Then just copy the .cmd-file back to a safe place :cool:

I don't know who to give credits for, cause I can not remember where I got it.

Sorry 'bout that.

@ Amadeke: Thanks! :)

I have some great news: post-20663-1114537958.gif

I received a PM from Tbhoc:

Thank you for reminding this to me , i ve totally forgot it. I believe in about 10 days I'll start working on it ( I have exams and a GCE project to finish  :p  )

It will be free and probably open source !

hello ppl, i want my icons games without text, it's possible??

colin mcrae2005, gtr, richard burns rally, full warrior, csi miami,

i did what Amadeke said , but don't work , only one icon without text is work.

thanks

hello ppl, i want  my icons games without text, it's possible??

colin mcrae2005, gtr, richard burns rally, full warrior, csi miami,

i did  what  Amadeke said , but don't work , only one icon without text is work.

thanks

585836483[/snapback]

You can create them with Shell Object Editor, just give them an uncommon name like "Wuppy01", search for that name in the registry (Start -> Run... -> Regedit.exe -> Edit -> Find...) and delete it (the Default value).

@ ljsoares: I can't find the command line parameters for Virtual Daemon Manager, can you PM them to me?

Here's a new Icon for Adobe Photoshop CS2:

post-20663-1114676038.jpg

Photoshop_CS2.zip

this is a truly awesome mod but its missing some good p2p programs like Azureus, ABC, BitComet, K-Lite, DC++, LimeWire/Pro. and also mIRC and Daemon-tools would be good to have. otherwise this totally rox man keep up the good work

this is a truly awesome mod but its missing some good p2p programs like Azureus, ABC, BitComet, K-Lite, DC++, LimeWire/Pro. and also mIRC and Daemon-tools would be good to have. otherwise this totally rox man keep up the good work

585841949[/snapback]

why not do it yourself..

Herby's tutorial..

You can create them with Shell Object Editor, just give them an uncommon name like "Wuppy01", search for that name in the registry (Start -> Run... -> Regedit.exe -> Edit -> Find...) and delete it (the Default value).

@ ljsoares: I can't find the command line parameters for Virtual Daemon Manager, can you PM them to me?

Here's a new Icon for Adobe Photoshop CS2:

post-20663-1114676038.jpg

585841344[/snapback]

Thanks for looking into this, I have been able to creat the Virtual Daemon Manager icon by editing an existing one and that was easy, but what i wanted to know is if its possible to create it so that you can drag and drop cd images onto the icon, and here are the switches. Maybe if drag and drop does not work, then to have the default action to browse for CD image.

Command Line Switces

-lock

used to lock the DLL operation to be sure no unauthorized program can load daemon.dll and use its functions. Used mainly in autostart (if 'Autolock' option is enabled), but can be used in command line too. Unlocking can be done from Virtual DAEMON manager or other GUI that is currently running. Note that locking has no effect on DAEMON Manager itself or other programs which have been 'authorized' by us to use the DLL.

-noicon

this option is used to prevent DAEMON Tools from creating a taskbar icon. It has no effect if DAEMON manager is already running or you specified another command (except 'lock') in the command line! DAEMON manager automatically exits after command is executed and does not create taskbar icon.

-mount

allows mounting images from command line (or shortcut).

Syntax is: -mount <n>,<path>

where 'n' means DVD-ROM device number ('0' - '3' allowed) and 'path' is the full path to the image file.

Example: daemon.exe -mount 0,"c:\My Images\nameofimage.cue".

Do not forget to set the path in quotes if it contains spaces!

-unmount

allows unmounting images from command line.

Syntax is: -unmount <n>

where 'n' means DVD-ROM device number ('0' - '3' allowed)

-safedisc ?

allows turning Safedisc emulation on/off from command line.

'-safedisc on' enables emulation, '-safedisc off' disables it

-securom ?

allows turning Securom emulation on/off from command line.

'-securom on' enables emulation, '-securom off' disables it

-laserlock ?

allows turning Laserlock emulation on/off from command line.

'-laserlok on' enables emulation, '-laserlok off' disables it.

-rmps ?

allows turning RMPS emulation on/off from command line.

'-rmps on' enables emulation, '-rmps off' disables it.

ADVIcons is cool, a good feature may possibly be Make it Capable of Drag and Drop so that we can drag it to *Y'z Dock* Another cool feature would be the ability to make folders like that. (similar to kkmenu) But kkmenu is too hardd to understand

Lastly its shareware which imo is yucky. it should be donateware. If they like it and think its worth it you will be donated.

Thanks for looking into this, I have been able to creat the Virtual Daemon Manager icon by editing an existing one and that was easy, but what i wanted to know is if its possible to create it so that you can drag and drop cd images onto the icon, and here are the switches. Maybe if drag and drop does not work, then to have the default action to browse for CD image.

Command Line Switces

585847066[/snapback]

Ah,.. you ment the default Daemon Manager... :pinch:

I've tried it but I can't get it to work (drag & drop),.. can't find a way to get it to browse thru a command line either.

I'm out of ideas atm but I'll look into it again. :)

There's someone (I think he's italian) whoa shares these reg but he has modified the initial credits removing "by Herby" and adding "by AND1Games"...

I think he has taken the regs I've translated into italian from one of the site where I've posted them, because I've added a certain path for the icons, not the one by default for each program as in the original by Herby, and this modified path is in "his" regs.

On emule a member of an italian forum has find a photoshop CS 2 reg which is exactly the same posted here by Herby and that isn't on the set I've translated but uses the alternative path as the ones I've modded...

I've not removed Herby's reference from the regs I've posted (on that ones you can read "Original idea by Herby, modded and translated by Squek"), but this guy is making something really unfair.

:crazy:

P.S.: sorry for my english... :blush:

Yeah,.. people like that suck,.. but there's nothing you can do about it, they're just tweaks.

585890037[/snapback]

yeah, this is true dude, but i still feel bad that you figured something out and the credit is getting stolen from ya. viva la Herby!

hi

Great job on the textless Icons, looks really good, adds a clean appearence. Of couse i edited the releases you made (one i used) to reflect my needs\wants, like i added restart and shut down to My Computer. Also made a utilities Icon and plaeced frequently used programs in it.

Do have a question....would you know how to add separators in these context menus? Also be cool to have textless icons in context menus...LOL.

Thank much for your work.

Jim

ps...now might be good time to read your tutorial

yeah, this is true dude, but i still feel bad that you figured something out and the credit is getting stolen from ya.? viva la Herby!

585890891[/snapback]

Thanks,.. :DD

Great job on the textless Icons, looks really good, adds a clean appearence. Of couse i edited the releases you made (one i used) to reflect my needs\wants, like i added restart and shut down to My Computer. Also made a utilities Icon and placed frequently used programs in it.

Do have a question....would you know how to add separators in these context menus? Also be cool to have textless icons in context menus...LOL.

Thank much for your work.

Jim

585927579[/snapback]

Hey Jim,.. welcome to Neowin!

I think it's not possible without a shell extension dll,.. but I'll look into it. :))

Hi all!

Herby, would it be possible to make one that uses the start menu as its context menu?

585948718[/snapback]

Welcome to Neowin! :)

This is also not possible without a shell extension dll, but you can have the Start Menu or All Programs as an expanding menu on your Taskbar; have a look here...

• 2 weeks later...

Cant you just name it by holding down alt and typing on the number pad 0160 or 255(i think that wrks to) i know the 0160 works

Cant you just name it by holding down alt and typing on the number pad 0160 or 255(i think that wrks to) i know the 0160 works

586036542[/snapback]

yes. that's what i do.