Desktop Icons without Text

OK THX, so i'll wait until this program is finished, because i have a fresh system up and i wouldn't do it againa and again!

I have also one qestion, what should i do, that my 5 destop icons will be bigger and other icones will stay the same, I have try a program, Icon packer or somting and they did change my whole icons in big one!

586170051[/snapback]

You can do that with WindowFX but it is'nt free.

Here's a little "Welcome 2 Neowin" gift (attachment). :)

It's a nameless shortcut, you can change the target and the Icon to anything you want (Right Click -> Properties).

Nameless_Shortcut.zip

Hello there, first post.

Im looking for a button for "Football Manager 2005" without text, but not sure how to go about it properly, got a bit confused when trying to do it myself. Any chance someone could make one for me?

Thanks, and great site.

Edit: just did it myself, thanks for the tutorial.

Edited by defoe

Hello,

Just a newbie here so please excuse the question if stupid. I have been reading thru this topic and cannot find the answer.

I only have one icon on my desktop and it's the Recycle Bin.

How can I just remove the text for that icon only.

Thanks

^^ Hi,.. welcome to Neowin! (lots of first posts here.. :) )

If you don't have multiple user profiles on your computer, you can use "Add Recycle Bin.reg" (it modifies the real Recycle Bin so it applies to all users).

I don't have a good solution for computers with multiple user profiles yet,.. you can use the "Add Recycle Bin MUP.reg", but it does'nt change the Icon when it's full.

^^ Hi,.. welcome to Neowin! (lots of first posts here..  :) )

If you don't have multiple user profiles on your computer, you can use "Add Recycle Bin.reg" (it modifies the real Recycle Bin so it applies to all users).

I don't have a good solution for computers with multiple user profiles yet,.. you can use the "Add Recycle Bin MUP.reg", but it does'nt change the Icon when it's full.

586200104[/snapback]

Thanks Allot.

One more quick one. The reg tweak adds disk cleanup to the context menu. I would like to remove that since I don't have that on my system anymore. I've tweaked and hacked the heck outa this rig so lots of unnessecary stuff has been removed.

And Thanks For The Warm Welcome :rofl:

Thanks Herby,

Now that the "disk cleanup" is gone there are two entries for "clear temp" ? Also there is a selection to "create shortcut" that doesn't work and 2 entries to open the recycle bin?

Is there a quick way to get rid of those also? I use CCleaner as a right click seletion on the bin and it cleans all that and more so it's redundant on mine.

I'm just looking for one option when right clicking on the bin. "Empty" .. and then the CCleaner one that I choose when installing it.

Here's what I have now.

1) recycle bin (don't want)

2) clear temp (don't want)

3) create shortcut (don't want)

4) empty (want)

5) Open CCleaner (want)

I've been messin with trying to edit the reg file but I don't really know what I'm doing.

Thanks Again

HyperMole

:woot:

Edited by Hypermole

Hey, I'm still on the lookout for an iTunes icon, has anyone made one yet?

Cheers

586201163[/snapback]

I can't find any Command Line Parameters for iTunes, but I can create one without an enhanced context menu if you want.

Thanks Herby,

Now that the "disk cleanup" is gone there are two entries for "clear temp" ? Also there is a selection to "create shortcut" that doesn't work and 2 entries to open the recycle bin?

Is there a quick way to get rid of those also? I use CCleaner as a right click seletion on the bin and it cleans all that and more so it's redundant on mine.

I'm just looking for one option when right clicking on the bin. "Empty"  .. and then the CCleaner one that I choose when installing it.

Here's what I have now.

1) recycle bin (don't want)

2) clear temp (don't want)

3) create shortcut (don't want)

4) empty (want)

5) Open CCleaner (want)

I've been messin with trying to edit the reg file but I don't really know what I'm doing.

Thanks Again

HyperMole

586204317[/snapback]

First merge the "Remove Recycle Bin.reg" (should restore everything to Default) and then merge the "Add Recycle Bin.reg".

The "Create shortcut" command does'nt work anymore because it's nameless, there is no simple way to remove it because it's integrated in Shell32.dll & it applies to all files (see Post #1).

Im a bit confused, trying to create an icon to open a program in E:/program files/sports interactive/football manager 2005/fm2005.exe. I created it before but when i restarted my comp it didnt work for some reason, it just shows "choose what to open the file with". Could anyone possibly make me one?

Thanks.

I can't find any Command Line Parameters for iTunes, but I can create one without an enhanced context menu if you want.

586205727[/snapback]

Yeah that would be great thx, sorry i guess I'm too lazy to read up on it all and do it myself, I promise I will at some point :blush:

^^ I've created 2 new nameless files:

One nameless scf file (opens Explorer) and a nameless url file which opens "My Computer Information" (WinXP Pro).

586176129[/snapback]

Sorry but I still don't know how can you make these two nameless icons.

Could you explain again in easier way? :blush:

Thank you in advance...

Im a bit confused, trying to create an icon to open a program in E:/program files/sports interactive/football manager 2005/fm2005.exe.? I created it before but when i restarted my comp it didnt work for some reason, it just shows "choose what to open the file with". Could anyone possibly make me one?

Thanks.

586205926[/snapback]

Did you use double slashes (in the reg file)?

PM me or post the reg file and I'll edit it for you. :))

Yeah that would be great thx, sorry i guess I'm too lazy to read up on it all and do it myself, I promise I will at some point?:blush:h:

586209700[/snapback]

Here it is (first attachment),.. I have added a Hot Tips & Support command (they open in your default browser).

Sorry but I still don't know how can you make these two nameless icons.

Could you explain again in easier way:blush:h:

Thank you in advance...

586212289[/snapback]

I have'nt explained this in this thread.:):)

You can create them by renaming files within the Command Prompt:

For example create a shortcut to a program, go to the folder that contains this shortcut in the Command Prompt & rename it to .lnk.

Rename NameOfShortcut.lnk .lnk
Rename NameOfInternetShortcut.url .url

Look here for more examples.

I've created a nameless Control Panel (second attachment), if you see the extension, merge NeverShowExt.reg & rebuild your Icons and it's gone.:):)

iTunes.zip

Textless_CP.zip

First merge the "Remove Recycle Bin.reg" (should restore everything to Default) and then merge  the "Add Recycle Bin.reg".

The "Create shortcut" command does'nt work anymore because it's nameless, there is no simple way to remove it because it's integrated in Shell32.dll & it applies to all files (see Post #1).

586205727[/snapback]

Thanks Herby,

I can live with that. I just took out some stuff from the reg and I no longer have the "Clear Temp" option.

Thanks Again..

PM me or post the reg file and I'll edit it for you.  :)

586216945[/snapback]

I did use double slashes, ill post the reg file here, see if you can see what ive done wrong.

Well it wont let me upload .reg or .rar so ive uploaded it to yousendit.com. Heres the link.

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2S9PKC1...CT1TBZCSXGFH76P

Thanks,

Thanks Herby,

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I can live with that. I just took out some stuff from the reg and I no longer have the "Clear Temp" option.

Thanks Again..

586217286[/snapback]

Heh,.. no pro:)em! :)

I did use double slashes, ill post the reg file here, see if you can see what ive done wrong.

Well it wont let me upload .reg or .rar so ive uploaded it to yousendit.com. Heres the link.

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2S9PKC1...CT1TBZCSXGFH76P

Thanks,

586217335[/snapback]

You did'nt edit the hex command (with regedit).

This one sho:)d work. :)

FM2005.zip

PM me or post the reg file and I'll edit it for you.  :)

Here it is (first attachment),.. I have added a Hot Tips & Support command (they open in your default browser).

I have'nt explained this in this thread.  :)

You can create them by renaming files within the Command Prompt:

For example create a shortcut to a program, go to the folder that contains this shortcut in the Command Prompt & rename it to .lnk.

Rename NameOfShortcut.lnk .lnk
Rename NameOfInternetShortcut.url .url

Look here for more examples.

I've created a nameless Control Panel (second attachment), if you see the extension, merge NeverShowExt.reg & rebuild your Icons and it's gone.  :)

586216945[/snapback]

Oh~I see. really thank you! :yes:

Thanks mate, worked a charm.

586220231[/snapback]

You should really try the examples in the tutorial, it's not that hard, just try it. :)

Oh~I see. really thank you! :yes:

586220830[/snapback]

No problem,.. it's just a little trick that I discovered back in the days while I was using WinHacker. :D

Hello,To all

As you all can see new here i just happen to be looking around

the net found this forum & glad i did as i was looking at all the

info i happen to see this Thread it stop me dead on my feet

Wow love this idea a Big thank you to who started this thread

& i am trying to keep up with you all but i have to & a Warning

here i am as dumb as you will see stop by here so not so hard

with the slapping

now if i may ask are these keys that are in the Registry or

are they ones you made up your self because i can't seem to

find any of them in the Registry i gave you all a Warning

Thank you