Linux Doom 3

Penguins, start your flashlights! The DOOM III GNU-Linux FAQ now offers GNU/Linux x86 DOOM 3 version 1.1 as well as the GNU/Linux x86 server and a Linux version of the DOOM 3 demo. Word is: "This release is compatible with the 1.1 patch for Windows released earlier this week." Additionally:

Currently, the game will not run correctly on ATI cards using the fglrx driver. However, the ATI developers are working on new driver releases, and eventually the game will be supported."

http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/linux/doom/

I understood the post.

My questions is, will the user have to buy a Linux version of the game or can they use the PC Version with the Linux installer in which one would download from the official site?

I understood the post.

My questions is, will the user have to buy a Linux version of the game or can they use the PC Version with the Linux installer in which one would download from the official site?

You can/must use your normal Doom3-CD and install the Linux package on your box.

But even more important is the fact, that there's now the linux dedicated server available publicly! :yes: