Novell's SuSE woos Linux 'newcomers'

Novell has claimed that its forthcoming SuSE Linux Professional 9.2 distribution will appeal to "Linux newcomers" as well as technical enthusiasts.

Also, Novell's Nat Friedman, vice-president of its desktop technology group, said open source vendors work off a modular, flexible development model that allows them to deliver new features to customers more regularly than Microsoft.

Novell has also said Microsoft's Longhorn delay will give it more time to push iFolder, which, like WinFS, stores data in a user's real file system and tracks metadata in a separate location.

Source: vnunet

I downloaded the SuSE Live CD v4.2 .iso (test version you don't install, runs off the CD) 4 times, and burned it 3 times (tried Nero and UltraISO), and could never get any of them to boot correctly. I kept getting a "checksum doesn't match" error when booting. And people out there wonder why no one in the mainstream likes Linux. If a simple test CD won't even work, then why bother with the full thing? I e-mailed SuSE for technical help, but they only give tech support to people who buy the full package. Sorry Linux, I was interested, but you can forget it now! If anyone out there has any clue what I might have done wrong then please let me know. I am willing to give it one more shot.

suse is not quite as good as its hyped up to be, i tried 9.0 and 9.1 and i wasnt really impressed.... i like gentoo but for some reasons after 1-2 days of being installed it wont boot, didnt install anything new or anything..... and fedora core and mandrake are pretty good but debian is better