zombies?

i've searched and found zilch, so does anybody know anything about them (in real life)? i've seen a photo of a woman who showed no signs of life but was walking around, taken in haiti about 200 years ago, and a friend of mine was caught up in an incident in jamaica recently when the police raided a wood and the bodies began moving around . . .

so, anybody?

The law in haiti says that you can be charged with murder if you create a zombie. So this puts some credence (spelling) to the excitence of these creatures. The law also says that it is not black magic but use of a drug that makes a person sort of brain dead but able to follow commands.

and a friend of mine was caught up in an incident in jamaica recently when the police raided a wood and the bodies began moving around . . .

so, anybody?

584705674[/snapback]

Most people would start seeing things when they started "raiding wood"

Not real, dude - sorry.

i've seen a photo of a woman who showed no signs of life but was walking around, taken in haiti about 200 years ago

lol, she'd have to hold pretty still to have her picture taken 200 years ago since it took like a minute to get a picture taken in the 1800's.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I've read, the process used by splinter voodoo sects to create a zombie is:

A person is given a type of drug that basically paralyzes you and puts him in a death-like state. The person is buried alive and the 'zombie-maker' waits until the person comes out from the effects of the drug. The victim realizes he's been buried alive and does what anyone would do...freaks out. The zombie-maker digs down to the coffin and releases the person after a while. They then physically and mentally torture the victim for days while feeding him more drugs that **** his brain up. All the while they chant that they are taking his soul. They basically do this until the victim believes he no longer has a soul. Then the victim is just let loose.

So you wind up with a battered person, so mentally battered he can barely think, believing he has no soul, believed by everyone to have died weeks ago, wandering around the countryside.

Zombie.

If you're interested in doing something other than reading, check out the movie 'The Serpent and the Rainbow'. Obviously, it's fictional, but Wes Craven did a fair amount of research for the movie and there is some truth in the storyline.