Trainer: Bonds Used Steroids in '03

Those pictures say nothing if he used them or not. What did you expect, for him to stay the same size after 15 years? He's not even big muscular wise, he's a little chubby, which comes with age.

Any source, Scorpio?

He said ESPN... And I just searched and found the story:

Clickety click

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me. But then again I don't much like baseball.

EDIT: Ah, invisibro, you must have posted it as I was...

According to ESPN, Barry Bond's trainer said that he used undetectable steroids in '03... any comments on this?

584747205[/snapback]

Yeah. Duh. :laugh:

Trainer Reportedly Claims Bonds Used Steroids in 2003

Newspaper Says Anderson Talked About Slugger Using Undetectable Steroid

SAN FRANCISCO (Oct. 16) -- Baseball star Barry Bonds took an undetectable performance-enhancing drug during the 2003 season, his weight trainer said on a secretly recorded tape, The San Francisco Chronicle reported on Saturday.

Greg Anderson, a longtime friend of the San Francisco Giants player, also said he expected to be tipped off before Bonds would have to take a drug test aimed at catching athletes who use steroids, the Chronicle reported.

Anderson is a central figure in a professional sports steroids case that has focused on the San Francisco-area BALCO nutritional laboratory. The accused have pleaded not guilty.

"The whole thing is, everything that I've been doing at this point, it's all undetectable," Anderson said on the tape, the newspaper reported.

"It's going to be in either the end of May or beginning of June," the paper quoted Anderson as saying in reference to Bonds' drug test. "So after the All-Star break... we're like (expletive) clear."

The paper said the nine-minute recording, which was apparently made early in the baseball season, was provided by a source familiar with Anderson who asked not to be identified.

Reached on his mobile phone by Reuters, Anderson declined to comment on the report.

His lawyer, Anna Ling, said the voice on the recording did not sound like Anderson's, and that a 90-second portion of the tape she reviewed was full of gaps and background noise.

Bonds' attorney, Michael Rains, did not immediately return a message left at his office. Rains told the Chronicle that the tape was "simply another below-the-belt bash of Barry Bonds."

Anderson has admitted in court documents to using steroids himself while he was a body builder, but has denied giving performance-enhancing drugs to Bonds.

Bonds, who says he never used steroids, has hit 703 home runs in his career, just 11 behind Yankee great Babe Ruth and 52 behind the record held by Hank Aaron.

The release of the tape will likely lead to more calls by BALCO defendants to dismiss charges against them.

Robert Holley, attorney for BALCO founder Victor Conte, accused prosecutors of repeatedly leaking details of the case to the media. Holley said he already has asked for a dismissal of the case based on other leaks.

The Anderson tape may be "the straw that broke the camel's back," Holley told Reuters. "It makes it much more difficult for my client to get a fair trial."

I'm sure he took a pill and miraculously the steroids were undetected in his body :rolleyes:

584749470[/snapback]

That's not how it works, smart alec ;)

Until they show conclusive evidence, Bonds is innocent.

584755940[/snapback]

Legally you are correct. As for my personal opinion, he is guilty. I think baseball has been tarnished of late by all these remarkable hitters who are on steroids. Bonds was always a good player but his homerun pace has just jumped far too much as he's gotten older. Call me pesimistic but it's not all conditioning.

I really hope he never used them and there isn't any evidence that points the finger that he did yet.

Also before he may have started using them he was a long time gold glove outfielder a 3 time mvp and for anybody that has played baseball at a high level knows that you cannot gain the patience and hand eye coordination he has from taking steriods...

Also even if he did take anything it was not illegal in baseball until recently it was just illegal in the US and other sports. It may tarnish his career if he took any substance enhancing product but it is was not illegal til recently

I really hope he never used them and there isn't any evidence that points the finger that he did yet.

Also before he may have started using them he was a long time gold glove outfielder a 3 time mvp and for anybody that has played baseball at a high level knows that you cannot gain the patience and hand eye coordination he has from taking steriods...

Also even if he did take anything it was not illegal in baseball until recently it was just illegal in the US and other sports.  It may tarnish his career if he took any substance enhancing product but it is was not illegal til recently

584756556[/snapback]

No one has ever questioned his ability or questioned the fact that he's a good player.

Stereoids make you hit the ball further, not better.

Way way way too many people saying he did take them for me not to believe all this. I talk to an 11-year MLB player every week. He's seen what it does first hand. He has no doubt Bonds is on the juice...or was. Oh what.....he only hit 40+ home runs this year? That's interesting. For being at the top of his game, he sure has had a huge letdown in terms of HR.

Way way way too many people saying he did take them for me not to believe all this.  I talk to an 11-year MLB player every week.  He's seen what it does first hand.  He has no doubt Bonds is on the juice...or was.  Oh what.....he only hit 40+ home runs this year?  That's interesting.  For being at the top of his game, he sure has had a huge letdown in terms of HR.

584756879[/snapback]

Don't leave us hanging Booger... drop a name.:p:p

I read about this in todays paper. Truth is, the majority of them are on roids. Even Mcguire was on some sort of performance pill. Not illegal as steroids. Baseball isn't what it used to be, nor is any sport for that matter. I pay no mind to todays record-breaking performances when it comes to BBall. Baseball is just way too soft on the subject that's all.