Hi

I have this some problem

Sorry 4 the english i'am italian

Can you post the elink?

where is the server of emule?

Thanks!!

Send at my email!! :) :)

eethball

Alright, for anyone who needs these drivers I should be able to help. I have your sound card and have the driver disk. I zipped up the contents of the disks and at about 8:00PM Central Time (US and Canada) the following link should contain everything you need to install this card. Sorry I have slow upload speeds to its taking a while to send it to my site, but all should be well. Heres the link http://www.eeth.net/drivers/Sound%20Blaste...sblive24bit.zip

Enjoy everyone

elisir79

Hi!!

I have downloaded the driver

only that when the installation start

the part says to me that it does not find nobody soundblaster 24bit

and it is interrupted...

Why? Aid!!

Help!!

:D Thanks

eethball

Well then, either your card isn't the Sound Blaster Live 24 bit, its not installed correctly, or your sound card is broken...

milo2000
Hi

I have this some problem

Sorry 4 the english i'am italian

Can you post the elink?

where is the server of emule?

Thanks!!

Send at my email!! :)  :)

585275488[/snapback]

I had the same problem as well. For the drivers:

http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/

click on creative labs. Fifth driver down named "sb0410 SB Live 24 Bit driver".

This is the driver. You have to register but the site is free. This driver totally works!

elisir79

...Nothing..

I have downloaded the driver but they don't work..

she said me that the driver is not installed because are not the hardware creative live24bit!

i'ts a oem card?

the work only in fixed situation??

Uff

:angry:

Hi!!!

unknown

go to creative's website, and in the selection of the soundcard while looking for the drivers, choose Live, not audigy or audigy 2. when u put in Live it gives u Live 24bit as the first one there. that should be ur driver

• 3 weeks later...
E71

I don't think KX Project drivers support the SB Live! 24 bit PCI card.

I tried installing manually and it listed a lot of Creative soundcard codes except SB0410 which is the card's code.

The original drivers supplied with the soundcard work but have slowed my games down a lot! Hear random screetches and trying to cope with severe drop in frame rates. What the hell is wrong with their drivers I don't know...

Funny part is, I was using a 7 year old budget Creative SB AudioPCI 64v ES1371 card before this and it produced far better performance in the same games.

With this Live! 24bit, even the "nvidia - the way it's meant to be played" logo plays jerky. :angry:

I'm not going to purchase sound cards from Creative Labs anymore.

soypowered

Try lowering the EAX effects or turning them off. It should NOT cause an effect on your games since it has its own onboard processor, so it has to be some effect gone awry.

E71

I'm playing Half-Life: TFC! It's only got EAX on/off... and it used to run smoothly with EAX enabled on my old card on Windows ME (XP didn't support my cards EAX feature -- the reason I bought a Live! 24bit, so it can be 100% compatible with XP).

A 7 year old engine like Half-Life at 15-30fps!! Someone please shoot me.

Come to think of it, I recall switching from XP Home to XP Pro once and noticing a bit of drop in performance in games. I might try switching back to XP Home.

Edited by E71
E71

Noen, thanks for the ftp link but I can't get it to work.

I log on anonymously, it displays 2 zip files, when I try to download them it says: "An error occured while copying the file".

So I logged in using the user/pass you provided and the files disappeared!

I believe the files need to be CHMODDED to allow 'All User' Read.

Which drivers are they anyway? Official or third party?

E71
It's because the Live 24bits do EAX in software :p

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/Audig...pro/compare.asp

585431568[/snapback]

Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!

Why didn't I read that earlier?..like... before I purchase the card.

Thanks for pointing it out Daijoubu.

Damn Creative Labs.

So do you reckon everything'll be alright again if I replace it with an Audigy2 Value?

Noen

Use getright browser

And try agin

Sorry i can't spek english wery well

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
kico

if you have a p2p like emule you can get the entire cd with this link

ed2k://|file|Soundblaster%20Live!%2024-Bit%20(Sb0410)%20Retail%20Cd.bin|298121216|73AAFC69EAB46B4B75ACEA387FABF078|/

or search on emule for sb0410

i hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...
jojopasbo
if you have a p2p like emule you can get the entire cd with this link

ed2k://|file|Soundblaster%20Live!%2024-Bit%20(Sb0410)%20Retail%20Cd.bin|298121216|73AAFC69EAB46B4B75ACEA387FABF078|/

or search on emule for sb0410

i hope this helps

585884314[/snapback]

Sorry to ask, but can someone fetch the install cd for me?

I have no access to p2p, being an institutional...

Thanks for any help,

• 1 month later...
bachikho

i could adjust bass/treble with sblive! 5.1 b4 but why i can't do it now with sblive! 7.1 (due 2 driver?)?

Irritable

Finally a thread with answers !!! I just reloaded my OS and realized the driver CD for my live!24bit was missing..... I am trying to DL from both the (?) Russian site (super slow DL speed there) and from Emule of which I have been in que for eternity it seems. Can anyone possibly host this file locally so that I might get a better transfer rate? or anything that would be a little faster?!?!

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
zeonsoldier

Just to let you know, these were drivers I downloaded from a post before. I am hosting them off of my webspace, and if I move it, I will edit my post here and make another post containing the new link. It took me so long to finally get this crap downloaded.... so I am happy to save you all the trouble. **This will be a HIGH speed download**

http://files.bob-j.net/zeon/sb_0410.zip

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Cyryl The Wolf

ZeonSoldier....

You MUST understand that the problem is no longer that we can not find the drivers. Creative Labs (good products, SCUMBAGS OTHERWISE...) have the drivers listed on their site.

The problem is that they were GAY and didn't include the ability to make adjustments to BASS or TREBLE in Windows on the Soundlbaster Live! 24-bit card.

They have made available a "BASIC" version of their software suite on their website.

But alas it includes only a control panel to change from 16bit to 24 bit and from 48KHz to 96KHz. There is also a bass reflex enhancement of some sort...but this only INCREASES the bass. (Sounds TERRIBLE, I might add.)

Otherwise... For those of us who want FULL CONTROL over the hardware we spend SO GODDAMN MUCH MONEY ON, we want ALL of it.

I too was yet another one of Creative Labs' victims who bought the card but received NO CD with the damn thing in the box. Best Buy (WHO CAN GO TO HELL) refused to take it back claiming that I was KEEPING the CD so they would not do anything for me.

I have been on the phone with Creative Labs and THEY tell me that they want $4.99 for the goddamn thing. THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN what my situation is. They say, "It's only $4.99. What's the big deal?" (Yes. They ACTUALLY said this in a "I'm better than you" attitude. Over my phone. TODAY.)

Yeah? Well I guess Creative Labs is PRETTY HARD UP to be asking for $4.99 when they could INSTEAD do the right thing and HELP us... THEIR CUSTOMERS. Instead they call us LIARS and tell us to basically GO F OURSELVES.

Oh. And they want $4.99 for their troubles.

At any rate.. Getting back on track here...

I JUST got that Russian link to work using Getright. You have to type the FULL link into a GetRight client; INCLUDING the name and password to the FTP account. I promise you that it works AS OF:

October 2, 2006 @ 19:34.

It just finished so.. Let me go test it and see if it works. If it DOES, I will see what I can do about helping the REST of you get this file by posting it. Possibly on my server... We shall see.

I shall return...

*goes*

Cyryl The Wolf

Interesting... I would have listed the link earlier had I gotten it to work in the browser. But I clicked it and it didn't want to load citing that I didn't have sufficient privileges, etc.

Well it's working all of a sudden. So here it is.

ftp://ftpdriver:s5dkf34jbg@ftp2.nix.ru/do...it/sb_24bit.zip

This very link works. If it doesn't work in your browser, try using it in GetRight. ( http://www.getright.com )

So... I downloaded it and it WORKS. Only that you have to find the right executable to run the installer. Extract the contents of the file and go into the "CTRUN" folder. Double-click "Demo32.exe". It asks for you to load a .dbd file for some reason. I just chose the "OEM.dbd" file in the same folder and it starts the installation just fine. It locked up on me at first. I uninstalled all Creative software I had previously installed, uninstalled the card itself from the device manager gave the system a restart. Once the system was up again, I made a new attempt at running the software again. This time it whined about there NOT being any Soundblaster Live! 24bit cards installed... (Odd.) So I manually installed the card with the drivers that came with the file. I then proceeded to make a third attempt and installing the software and it seemed to work just fine.

What I got was not only the surround mixer, but a FULL 10-band graphic equalizer with presets and 10 slider bars ranging in frequency. You can not adjust the bass and treble by traditional means in the surround mixer; though the sliders are there. They are grayed out. A quick link near the bottom of the surround mixer screen OR a link from the start menu will load the equalizer. This gives us FULL control over the sound.

I find this satisfactory.

Your installation process may or may not differ. I will look back here every now and then to see who is having trouble installing this software. You should NOT have any trouble obtaining it from this point unless the site hosting that file goes down or deletes it.

You can e-mail me if you like:

cyrylthewolf@gmail.com

Subject: SOUNDBLASTER LIVE! 24-BIT (From Neowin)

Please make sure to get that subject line CORRECT as it may get deleted if you do not.

Thanks for the collaborative effort, all. This should be the final solution...for now.

Cyryl