Which is the Strongest Martial arts

Which martial Arts Disipline do you think is the strongest?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Which martial Arts Disipline do you think is the strongest?

• Karate
    • Tae-Kwon-Do
    • Akido
    • Jujitsu
    • Kung fu
    • Judo
    • Kendo
    • Ninja
    • Other

Taekwondo... it's a very recent set of techniques (not even 100 years old) and is based on scientific and mathmatical principles of force, movement, and a quick fight ;)

Taekwondo...? it's a very recent set of techniques (not even 100 years old) and is based on scientific and mathmatical principles of force, movement, and a quick fight;))

584804179[/snapback]

Traditional TKD is. Most of the institutions I've visited in the past seemed to emphasise the Sport-aspect of the art, though. In Sydney, I studied under Yang (based in Hurlstone Park,) for 8 years. I then figured out that m.a.'s were much more than just fancy patterns + powerful assaults. There's a spiritual side to each martial art you've listed above.

Martial arts are powerless against guns. It doesn't matter how many stripes you've attained on your black belt, a bullet will still hit + kill you.

The most powerful Martial Art isn't one that allows you to knock over anybody. It's one that empowers you with a sense of justice that exhibits itself in every aspect of your life. Practice diligently at any Martial Art, and you'll inherit the power from generations of wisdom.

Ok,

there are a plethora of martial arts out there...

Tae kwan do, by far, is not the most "Powerful" Martial arts.

It is not in the spirtual sense, and it is not in the physical sense., the best....

Tae Kwan Do, addmitely even by people who have taken it say that it would never be effective in battle. (Martial arts guy I talked to, said of all arts he's trained under advocates Kung Fu or Karate as most effective physically)

Tae Kwon do is comprised of flying kicks and a LOT of superfical moves... it is good for sport, but I would never EVER bet money on a twae kwon do master as opposed to any other art.... except maybe judo....

Do you really think a shaolin monk would lose to a tae kwan do master?

Kung Fu monks have mastered the body and the self through years of training...

For chirt's sake they Punch their fists in burning ash and symbolize their training by BURNING dragon insignias on the inside of their wrists...

Karate is a simplified form of Kung fu based mainly on straight direct and effective attacks.... Simple geometry, Shortest distance between two points is a straight line...

SInce when in the hell... is a flying kick a straight line?

My only rationale for thinking you guys picked Tae Kwan Do is because you've been MOSTLY exposed to tae kwan do... I don't know whatever propaganda you've been exposed to (LOL i'm being sarcastic don't take me seriously I'm just Jking...)

But seriously, I would beleive Mentally and physically kung fu is strongest....

You don't really see Karate or jujitsu guru's subject their body to excruiating pains... bend swords with their stomachs and achieve amazing feats of physical and mental prowess...

Show me any other martial arts form where someone can bend a sword with their stomach and maybe I'll be convinced

Martial arts are powerless against guns. It doesn't matter how many stripes you've attained on your black belt, a bullet will still hit + kill you.

584804536[/snapback]

:rolleyes: You're so full of it. Obviously, you've never seen the Matrix :ninja:

j/k :laugh:

a LOT of superfical moves

584804673[/snapback]

And gungfu isn't. :rolleyes:

My only rationale for thinking you guys picked Tae Kwan Do is because you've been MOSTLY exposed to tae kwan do...

Are you a martial arts practitioner, or is this something you've noticed as a spectator?

Tell me, which styles have you been exposed to?

Edited by sentio

Personally I enjoy almost any type of martial art, and have attended many tournaments on various occasions.

Heres my opp pinion on the whole thing.

First the real life aspect;

Come on, everybody knows that those Shaolin Monks will beat the crap out of any Olympic TKD master, those guys use their entire life in solitude, transforming their bodies into machines. But who has time for that? So I'll keep away from the very extreme forms of martial arts, cause there simply is no competition.

So, out of the "normal" arts, which is the physically most effective?

Don't really know, at the moment I'm doing TKD, and I know for a fact that it is good for your health, but as a art of combat it can be very ineffective, because "take downs" are not taught in TKD and IMO those are very important, say someone takes you down on the street, TKD shows you how to get out, but not how to really "fight" down there, that said, every thing else about TKD, I like; its easy, efficient and fun too.

What I do when I have to determine what martial art is the best is, imagine how it could be used, imagine getting into a fight on the street, what would I do? Easy answer, punch to the face or punch to the chest, nothing special is needed (maybe I'm saying this I've been boxing my entire life, but hey it works). So if I had to pick the best physical martial art for the normal guy, I would say, go for a mix of TKD and Boxing.

As for those who also seek mental strength that stretches a bit beyond TKD, I would say go for Tai Chi, ancient art with a lot of VERY powerful techniques, but takes a lot of time and patience, and thereby you have more time to relax and get into all the mental stuff.

Don't want to write more cause people will probebly start skimming then :p.

From the interviews I see wih Bruce Lee and the record to back it up, Jeet Kun Do seems to be the most versitile. That was his whole goal. To make a martial art where you had no bounds or styles.

Jeet Kune Do and Tai kwon Do are I guess most powerful...

as stated before though Shaolin Monks will kick everyone's ass and so will bullets :p

I still prefer Ninjutsu though, it's very sneaky etc. and I love them ninja's! :ph34r:

Tung Soo Do Mu Doo Kwan

It is the traditional form of Tae Kwon Do. It's basically the non-sport version from which the sport was derived. More of a self defence art if anything. Lot's of counters and leverage.

Hey I gotta give love to the "Kali" martial art since it's Filipino like me.

But realistically I think Jeet Kun Do or another heavy derivative of Gung-Fu is most volitale.

But as Sonny Chiba said in "The Streetfighter" if you wanna kill someone, use a gun, ergo "Gun-Fu" is the strongest.

But then there's always "Rex-Kwon-Do" for those of you who knowhatimsayin!

Muay Thai .

584805090[/snapback]

to start off, no i havn't taken muay thai kickboxing although i was going to sign up before i got messed up in wrestling. and as for my experiences with fighting styles, my dad has been teaching me Ishin Ryu for the past 12 years. i have gone to many different turnaments to watch other styles compete and i have done a lot of research of a lot of styles (when i was choosing one to get into after wrestling season was over). Now, on with the show

i agree with superzap. Muay Thai kickboxing has been around for a long time. it combines the aspects of karate (kicks), boxing (punches), and judo moves for a very effective fighting style. basically all you need in a street fight. they train all day by running, exersising and most important of all fighting.

fighting eachother all the time strengthens your skin + muscles and gets your body used to being hit. so you won't bruise or get hurt nearly as fast as the guy you be fighting.

what is muay thai? if you watch boxing, you'll see that they can go like 13 rounds or whatever of getting punched over and over again. in muay thai same thing but add kicks and throws into the mix.

technique moves like flying jumpkicks are just a bunch of crap and are for the sport aspect. another problem with a lot of styles is that they have hundreds of moves to teach which is just too many to become proficient with unless you dedicate your life to it. Muay Thai doesn't have that many so you get to focus on like 8 moves all day every day. you don't see 50 year old guys doing muay thai kickboxing like you do in a lot of karate styles. you do muay thai from 12 to 26 years old, win a few titles, and then move on to bigger and better things or stick around and teach others

that's my 2 cents anyways.