Which is the Strongest Martial arts

Which martial Arts Disipline do you think is the strongest?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Which martial Arts Disipline do you think is the strongest?

• Karate
    • Tae-Kwon-Do
    • Akido
    • Jujitsu
    • Kung fu
    • Judo
    • Kendo
    • Ninja
    • Other

Mu Tai

584805340[/snapback]

I've always had the impression that with Muy Tai you beat your shins with bamboo to kill the nerves so you can't feel pain.

Now that's gangsta!

And gungfu isn't.  :rolleyes:

Are you a martial arts practitioner, or is this something you've noticed as a spectator?

Tell me, which styles have you been exposed to?

584804803[/snapback]

All martial arts have several superfical moves,

But Kung Fu Derives utility from each of it's moves...

I fail to see how Tae Kwon Do would help you in a fight....

As spectator and practioner for a... admitedly a short while... (lol a month)

But You don't need to be a martial arts master to realize which moves will help you in a self-defense situation.

I posed the question, Have you seen Tae Kwon Do Experts reach the same level of mental or physical prowess the kung fu masters have?

Even if someone who learns tae kwon do put as much effort as they did in Shaolin Kung fu would not manage the same results as a shaolin monk.

Tae Kwon do Mastery dervives from dexterity and much of it on accuracy.

But Like I said, Superflous kicks....

If you can explain to me, in a bar fight that you can have enough room to back up, get enough momentum to get off the floor, and head kick me while

A) Me not duck

B) Me not see that coming from a mile away,and block it

C) Me not Find the closest bottle/chair and smack you down wiht it

and please don't argue with me on whos the better expert, that's a phallacy to attack the source... If you can accurately explain to me how Tae Kwon do is more helpful than I will be swayed to your side...

I'm not saying that tae kwon do would not help you in a fight,

I just don't beleive that it is better than kung fu or karate...

I will admit that it is better than JUDO.... lol

Well everone has a lot of good points. I feel that being more rounded (Jeet Kun Do) has to be the best way to go. not knocking, but in Mauy Thai boxing isn't (Dont' quote me.) there a particular stance that you maintain while fighting? The whole reason JKDo was made was to break out of that and combine any effective way to disable and beat your opponent. I dig it. :D

drunken boxing!

584805715[/snapback]

how many of you have have taken you answers from mortal kombat? lol thats ok tho

but seriously so many of you think tae kwon do, personally i dont think your looking at the big picture such as blocking and take downs i think tae kwon do is lacking in strikes as well it seems to focus on kicks and leet down other areas but if thats the way you wanna take them down then thats cool :)

It would have to be either Yaki Da or Ekki Thump.

You have to be really old to even know what I'm even talking about :(

Having seen Akido being taught, I have to say it gets my vote. Maybe that was just that particular school though.

The outcome of this poll would be more accurate if you defined 'powerfull'.

For example, do you mean the martial art which generates the most physical power through your body when you hit, or do you mean 'which is most effective in a fight' or which has the most powerfull influence commercially in the real world? I will attempt to give a short answer.

For the sake of the poll, I have picked Kendo because of the use of weapons (specifically swords, although I believe they use other weapons too?) I also (think) Akido uses some form of weapons too. Surely, a skilled martial artist with a weapon would be favorate against one without?

This said, Kung Fu is probably the most effective in a fight of the martial arts listed. The defensive and striking attacking aspects of it combine to form a very effective way to bring down an opponant.

One should also remember that all skills are transferable, and probably a combination of several martial arts would have the greatest benifits. You need the striking aspect of Kung Fu, but may also require the grappeling and pinning of Judo whilst implementing locks, chokes and strangles taught in Jujitsu. Someone with skill in all these areas would be favorite against someone who was only skilled in one.

TKD is the least skilled (I know I will get slated for this) sport, and really isn't (certainly in my opinion) a 'true' martial art due to its lack of variety....(although anyone knows a kick to the head will cause some serious damage). Don't ask me to define what a 'true' martial art might be, but any Sensi for any martial art would probably agree that TKD has the least variety and is only usefull if you can keep an oponant at some kind of range. What if he grapples you? A simple Judo throw could take you onto your back, and from there your TKD will not help you one bit. You would be open to a pin, arm-lock or strangle, for example.

Thats my 2 cents anyway :)

Edited by farsightxc2

I am a Tae Kwon Do black belt and I can concur with some of the statements above me. Tae Kwon Do is not the "strongest" form of martial arts in the concept that one would think. Tae Kwon Do is all about techniqe and control. If I were to go up against a black belt in Judo, for example, I would get my ass served because that person would be all about power and taking me down where I would be about points (tournament sparring - real life may be different :D).

Anyway, my answer would be Jiu Jitsu because my uncle does it and I've seen the power and strength it takes. Have a look at his website (made by me, nonetheless) over at http://www.ctmma.com.

Jeet Kune Do.

Read up on it to find out why. I can't be arsed to explain right now.

584804844[/snapback]

Thats Bruce Lee'S technique if Im not mistaken.

[bruce Lee Voice]" It is a like a sculptor who doesn't keep adding clay to the statue but removes the inessentials until the truth is revealed.

I have developed a new way of fighting with no fixed positions, with no technical movements. The Fancy mess of martial arts has solidified what was once fluid."[/bruce Lee Voice]

As you can see, Bruce Lee is my hero and I love the way Jason Scott Lee represented him in the movie.

You forgot "Filipino Stick Fighting."

584804878[/snapback]

Lol, more like "Filo Time". They probably turn up hours late..

Martial arts are powerless against guns. It doesn't matter how many stripes you've attained on your black belt, a bullet will still hit + kill you.

584804536[/snapback]

If you larn martial arts, you will learn how to react quickly - this means running up to the person and disabling them before they even get the gun out, because you see them move their hand in a suspicious fashion.

As was said, it is more about training the mind.

If you larn martial arts, you will learn how to react quickly - this means running up to the person and disabling them before they even get the gun out, because you see them move their hand in a suspicious fashion.

As was said, it is more about training the mind.

584831007[/snapback]

post-59058-1099111220.gif

Classic !.. Enough Said.

dont think its a martial art but i believe wrestling is the stongest of any fighting style. Almost any fight will end up on the ground at some point. If you can leard how to block and ground those people with the ******y little kicks, thenn you'll pound the pee pee out of them. Show me a martial art form that teaches both extensive ground tactics AND practical fighting.