[NCAA] UF coach Zook is fired

poor my butt...he's going to be paid some $400k for the remaining years on his contract.  the guy threatened fraternity members for crying out loud because his players acted like total asses. 

584806868[/snapback]

What do you know about the frat incident? Were you there? Did you partake in the exchange? You'd be surprised how much of a dick frat babies can be to people. I'm sure you'd be a little ****ed too if some frat boys were talking **** to you and your teamates after you just had a really disappointing loss the same day.

Now I'm not defending Zook for whatever he did or didn't do at the frat incident because I don't know what happened and very few people know exactly what did happen. However, There was a lot more involved in the decision to fire him than that. Foley made that specifically clear in his press confrence.

I said "poor guy" because no one ever really gave him a chance from the beginning. Everyone was still in shock about Spurrier and just assumed whoever was coming in his place was going to be a bad choice no matter what. I, on the other hand, gave him a chance for at least two seasons. I thought this season was going to be great but after what I've been seeing, I do agree that it is time to go. I just don't agree with how people decided it was fun to put up www.fireronzook.com by the end of his first season. They never gave him a chance.

But like I said, we finally moved on and now hopefully our future will look better. We'll see what happens in two months.

I think Georgia will beat Florida this weekend. If Florida's defense couldn't hold off Mississippi State's rushing attack, I don't see how they can contain Danny Ware. Next to Peterson, hes one of the best freshmen backs in Div-1. Georgia has a good defense, but it will be interesting to see how they deal with Leak, who can beat you on the ground and in the air. I didnt get wo watch Georgia/Tennessee, had work, so I didnt get to see how Tennessee beat Goergia's D.

I really hope Georgia wins that game so they will still be in the top 10 when Auburn plays them. If Auburn wins that game it will give them 3 Top 10 wins on the season(4 if Tenn. stays unbeaten til the SEC Title). Hopefully Virginia can upset Miami get rid of their number 1 rankings by the computers.

584807091[/snapback]

next to peterson is hart :)

then ware ;)

on paper, georgia should cream florida...but it's gonna be one of those "win one for the coach" type dealies...should be a good game...

I think Georgia will beat Florida this weekend. If Florida's defense couldn't hold off Mississippi State's rushing attack, I don't see how they can contain Danny Ware. Next to Peterson, hes one of the best freshmen backs in Div-1. Georgia has a good defense, but it will be interesting to see how they deal with Leak, who can beat you on the ground and in the air. I didnt get wo watch Georgia/Tennessee, had work, so I didnt get to see how Tennessee beat Goergia's D.

I really hope Georgia wins that game so they will still be in the top 10 when Auburn plays them. If Auburn wins that game it will give them 3 Top 10 wins on the season(4 if Tenn. stays unbeaten til the SEC Title). Hopefully Virginia can upset Miami get rid of their number 1 rankings by the computers.

584807091[/snapback]

I think GA can bet FLA, but I don't make any predictions anymore. TEN offense didn't beat us as much as our Offense lost - or rather Coach Richts dumbass game plan. You mentioned Ware, he's a stud. All the other games he averages 20+ carries and about a 5 yard per carry. Richt rushed him 14 times against TN, but increased Greenes Pass attempts by almost 10. :pinch:

Our Defense can contain Leak, I have no doubt. What I wonder is if we will then score more points than FL.

You dont go into a Frat house REGARDLESS. That was the single stupidest thing he could do. If there's a problem campus police handles it.

He brought it upon himself, and the loss to Ms State sealed it up nicely. Hopefully, UF can get a good coach for next season.

i think the AD told him to go to the frat house...he was just doing what his superiour suggested...

honestly, i don't think spurrier will be back...

You dont go into a Frat house REGARDLESS.  That was the single stupidest thing he could do.  If there's a problem campus police handles it. 

He brought it upon himself, and the loss to Ms State sealed it up nicely.  Hopefully, UF can get a good coach for next season.

584811069[/snapback]

He never went into a frat house. Where are you getting this information from?! The whole confrontation occured in front of the frat house. Why don't you do a little research before you start pulling facts out of thin air. In fact... Here and here.

One, the AD called him and told him to handle it (which BroChaos stated previously). I don't agree with some of the stuff Zook said to the frat guys but he never entered the house AND his boss told him to go over there. And yes, UPD was handling the situation as well.

i think the AD told him to go to the frat house...he was just doing what his superiour suggested...

honestly, i don't think spurrier will be back...

584811142[/snapback]

spurrier has reportedly contacted bo pellini (sp?) of OU to be his defensive cord. if he comes back. he has 24 hours to tell uf whether or not he is interested (this is not a job timer, but a timeline on negotiations). It really sounds like spurrier will be back.

Also remember, Bob stoops can leave OU, without penalty to come to UF. Its in his contract.

Stoops wouldn't leave OU unless it was for the NFL.

Personally, I do hope Spurrier comes back, but I want him to have a solid coordinator behind him as insurance. If he does come back, there's no guarantee how long he will be there. Hopefully he will bring back some of the former Gator players who are coaching material (Noah Brindise especially). They need people who understand what it means to be a Gator and need to have that killer instinct that Spurrier has.

Coach the entire 60 minutes, not the 45-59 that has been the trend for the past 3 years.

soloredd...you had some nice picks last week bro. esp picking msu over florida...well, at least florida not making the spread. too bad you haven't played every week, you'd be up there...

soloredd...you had some nice picks last week bro.  esp picking msu over florida...well, at least florida not making the spread.  too bad you haven't played every week, you'd be up there...

584812043[/snapback]

Thanks man :)

Who would've thought: Iowa 6 Penn St. 4? Crazy.

Hopefully I'll remember to play out the rest of the year, heh.

Well his boss is an idiot for sending him over there, and he's an idiot for going. It's a recipe for disaster, which is what happened.... unless they needed a reason to get rid of him and used this to do it. In that case the AD was very smart.