[Release] Longhorn Alternative GuiKit

Enhanced, can you provide us a complete guide to install the Longhorn Alternative ? I know nuts about y dock, y toolbar, widgets, avedesk, etc etc. Only know how to apply the theme and wallpaper, bootscreen and welcome screen. Thanks a million.

Enhanced, can you provide us a complete guide to install the Longhorn Alternative ? I know nuts about y dock, y toolbar, widgets, avedesk, etc etc. Only know how to apply the theme and wallpaper, bootscreen and welcome screen. Thanks a million.

584831932[/snapback]

Hey sure,

1. Make sure you have these programs on your computer: Y'z toolbar, Y'z Dock, Avedesk, and or rainlendar. If you don't have them google it :p

Y'z toolbar skins the explorer toolbar, y'z dock ads the os x styled start menu to your comp and avedesk ads support to windows for VERY high-res icons on your desktop (similar to desktop x)

2. Each program has a "skins folder" except for avedesk, it has a Desklets folder.

In the package there are the names of the programs inside the zip. Extract the "longhorn alternative" folder into the applications "skin" folder.

3. After that is done just run the program and change the skin. (For y'z toolbar, right click the explorer toolbar and click settings and a skins dialog should appear.)

The same goes for y'z dock and rainlendar.

I hope that helps

The site says that an Iconpackager theme is included, but I can't seem to find it... :blink: Love the theme, just waitin' for the dark one! :D :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

I can help on some questions...

IP theme is not done yet, its being developed at the momment, no release date

Dark LHA will be out at the same time with the IP and all, along with some other goodies :)

OMG why didnt i see this until now?

damn you though!!...i lost all my visual styles yesterday, in fact all my themeing stuff....i guess you're going to be the one that gets me to download again *sigh*

oh well, i love it, cant wait for the black version

Really nice work!! The WB theme isn't finished though. No msgina :(

Edit: are the boot and logons SP1 or SP2?

584972327[/snapback]

We are working on a gui kit update. In that update there will be the lha dark and lha light 1.03 version

along with an iconpackager and a bootskin skin.

and more.. but that's all i'll tell for now...