Boston Red Sox Win!

Wow what a crazy year! Its a great time to be a Sox fan right now, and its hilarious to see that the Yankees fans are in our spot making excuses and stuff. Well congrats Sox on your sweep-reverse sweep-sweep and may the 2004 'Idiots' live on throughout history. Hope A-Rod is having fun crying himself to sleep everynight because he chose 'the team that would win the World Series'. May the curse of A-rod live on for the next 86 years.

-Keith

Guess there is only one way to end this post: What do you call 25 guys sitting around watching the 2004 World Series?

wow. they did it. i watched all of it. what a great accomplishment for the red sox.

now... they need to keep their team together.

584824962[/snapback]

I agree :) and I love that curse of A-rod LOL nice one

Here's some interesting facts I've gathered throughout the playoffs:

- The Red Sox won the World Series during a Total Lunar Eclipse, something that happens once or twice a year.

- It has been 86 years since the Red Sox won a World Series, and their last trip to the World Series was in 1986... AND, the Cardinals pinch hit in the 8th inning of Game 4 with Hector Luna (connection with Eclipse) who got the 2nd out of the 8th inning... 8 and 2/3 = 8.6 (hehe, ok this one's a stretch)

- Game 7 of Red Sox/Yankees had a Neilson Rating of 10 points higher than last year's Superbowl.

- If you add up the jersey numbers of the 25-man roster for the Red Sox in the World Series, the sum is 777.

- The Red Sox scored first in each game of the World Series, and also never fell behind in any of the World Series games... therefore, the Sox had each game won after the 1st inning.

- Curt Schilling has become the only player who has even (and will ever) have a contract directly affected by winning the World Series. At the beginning of the year, a 2007 bonus option was added to his contract which was contingent upon Schilling winning the World Series with the Sox. This contract was approved by MLB, and later retracted since it is a form of gambling which the rules do not allow. However, the paperwork was already signed and MLB did originally approve it, so the contract stands and Schilling will be the only player in history to bonus from winning a World Series. You can also add this in: If MLB did not make the mistake of approving the contract, Schilling may never have signed with the Red Sox at all, and this historic year never would have happened. Wow, some mistakes are for the best :D

- Curt Schilling's shoes, Derek Lowe's shirt, and Pedro Martinez's cap are all going to the Hall of Fame.

- There's no sweeter way to win the World Series than have it being the Red Sox most historic triumph over the Yankees, while also being the Yankees most historic choke to the Red Sox. All us Bostonians are asking each other... what do we do now that the curse is over? Well, I say we stick it to the Yankees for 86 years straight, and always remember the 2004 Boston Red Sox as the greatest team the franchise has ever seen.

Edited by Psychosematic

- The Red Sox scored first in each game of the World Series, and also never fell behind in any of the World Series games... therefore, the Sox had each game won after the 1st inning.

584826827[/snapback]

It was tied twice in Game 1 but it is no less impressive.

Also, St. Louis is intertwined once again with Boston Sports history:

1951: Celtics win first championship vs. St. Louis

1970: Bruins end a 41 year Stanley Cup drought vs. St. Louis

2001: Patriots win first Super Bowl vs. St. Louis

2004: Red Sox end 86 year World Series drought vs. St. Louis

:happy:

Here's some interesting facts I've gathered throughout the playoffs:

- The Red Sox won the World Series during a Total Lunar Eclipse, something that happens once or twice a year.

- It has been 86 years since the Red Sox won a World Series, and their last trip to the World Series was in 1986... AND, the Cardinals pinch hit in the 8th inning of Game 4 with Hector Luna (connection with Eclipse) who got the 2nd out of the 8th inning... 8 and 2/3 = 8.6 (hehe, ok this one's a stretch)

- Game 7 of Red Sox/Yankees had a Neilson Rating of 10 points higher than last year's Superbowl.

- If you add up the jersey numbers of the 25-man roster for the Red Sox in the World Series, the sum is 777.

- The Red Sox scored first in each game of the World Series, and also never fell behind in any of the World Series games... therefore, the Sox had each game won after the 1st inning. :shifty:

- Curt Schilling has become the only player who has even (and will ever) have a contract directly affected by winning the World Series.  At the beginning of the year, a 2007 bonus option was added to his contract which was contingent upon Schilling winning the World Series with the Sox.  This contract was approved by MLB, and later retracted since it is a form of gambling which the rules do not allow.  However, the paperwork was already signed and MLB did originally approve it, so the contract stands and Schilling will be the only player in history to bonus from winning a World Series.  You can also add this in: If MLB did not make the mistake of approving the contract, Schilling may never have signed with the Red Sox at all, and this historic year never would have happened.  Wow, some mistakes are for the best  :D

- Curt Schilling's shoes, Derek Lowe's shirt, and Pedro Martinez's cap are all going to the Hall of Fame.

- There's no sweeter way to win the World Series than have it being the Red Sox most historic triumph over the Yankees, while also being the Yankees most historic choke to the Red Sox.  All us Bostonians are asking each other... what do we do now that the curse is over?  Well, I say we stick it to the Yankees for 86 years straight, and always remember the 2004 Boston Red Sox as the greatest team the franchise has ever seen.

584826827[/snapback]

i love the sox, but you must have a lot of free time