[NFL] Hit of the Year?

I would either pick Jerome McDougle laying the smack down on Eli Manning or when Jeremiah Trotter nailed the Giant's punter, Jeff Feagles, and almost broke his jaw. I have the vids of both of them.

I would either pick Jerome McDougle laying the smack down on Eli Manning or when Jeremiah Trotter nailed the Giant's punter, Jeff Feagles, and almost broke his jaw.  I have the vids of both of them.

584844979[/snapback]

Show us Trotter's hit :D

you guys remember the Ray Lewis block on the fg touchdown return (last year I think). that was a bigtime block. the bua one is impressive because he gets two guys on that one :D

the sideline reaction is awsome. :D

I seen that Eli hit live and then played it back several times on Tivo.. it was a heck of a hit..and yea it was legal too.. makes it better. Speaking of hits.. ESPN's Monday Night Countdown has a segment called Jacked up.. it's awesome.. you guys should check it out if you haven't already. It's right before the end of the show.

ow man...that #3 looked like a lot of helmet to helmet contact too...

why wasn't it a penalty?  or was it?

584847049[/snapback]

No penalty, Trotter's helmet hit Feagles chin. Feagles was down for like two minutes then he got back up holding his jaw. Then they showed him on the sidelines with people examining it.

do you think it should be called? it's still helmet to head contact. and you know trotter is just trying to kill him...at least make the hit shoulder to shoulder...

Eh probably should have been called for unecessary roughness. Feagles should not have left his shelter and try to tackle the punt returner. Trotter has been making the extremely hard hits all season.

Edit: Added fourth clip to the top.

Crap, something is wrong with my links.  :(

584847269[/snapback]

they were working fine about an hour ago...bandwidth limits?

/edit

hold up, why is that announcer saying that tackle should be a 15yd penalty??

you can't tackle people like that? i was never aware of that...you have the guy wrapped up, you throw him down...you can't really do anything else.

can someone explain that one?

they were working fine about an hour ago...bandwidth limits?

/edit

hold up, why is that announcer saying that tackle should be a 15yd penalty??

you can't tackle people like that?  i was never aware of that...you have the guy wrapped up, you throw him down...you can't really do anything else. 

can someone explain that one?

584847558[/snapback]

I do not know, maybe unneccessary roughness? Oh, but I think that was necessary roughness!

This is why Dawkins is my favorite NFL player. This quote was on ESPN about the fumbled he caused by doing an elbow drop on one of the Ravens:

"I always do that," Dawkins said, explaining his decision to lay a hit on Taylor when he was already on his way down. "When the guy's going to the ground, I always try to deliver a big blow. It's not really to get the ball out, it's more just to let him know it's going to be like that all day long."

I do not know, maybe unneccessary roughness?  Oh, but I think that was necessary roughness!

This is why Dawkins is my favorite NFL player.  This quote was on ESPN about the fumbled he caused by doing an elbow drop on one of the Ravens:

"I always do that," Dawkins said, explaining his decision to lay a hit on Taylor when he was already on his way down. "When the guy's going to the ground, I always try to deliver a big blow. It's not really to get the ball out, it's more just to let him know it's going to be like that all day long."

584847586[/snapback]

i dunno, it didn't seem that rough, i've been thrown down like that, mean, thats how wrestlers do it, sorta. i never really knew of any restrictions on tackling except for spearing and tripping...

yeah, that should be a penalty.  did you see an almost identical hit in the VT/GT game tonight.  wasn't called, but i don't think the guy left his feet as much...

584825503[/snapback]

Same thing happened in thw WVU/VT game (@ VT) and he was called for personal foul (but it wasn't head to head or late).

And the Winslow preseason-hit was the all time best hit for me. Either that or when Quincy Wilson marched on Meriweather at the (college) Miami game.

the WVU game, right? where the wvu RB and miami DB both lowered their shoulder, and the miami db went flying about 3 yards backwards, and then the wvu stepped over him, and kept running. that was great imo, but more by the fact it was against miami :)

the WVU game, right?  where the wvu RB and miami DB both lowered their shoulder, and the miami db went flying about 3 yards backwards, and then the wvu stepped over him, and kept running.  that was great imo, but more by the fact it was against miami :)

584847940[/snapback]

that would be it :)

Your welcome guys. If there is enough wanting these, I'll do one each week. If any Mods or neowin staff sees a problem with this.. let me know I will stop doing it.

oh man, that was awesome. just got to watch it now. #1, the chargers RB, i was watching that one live...they didn't really show it in the clip, but the RB was pretty woozy getting up, he was down for a min or so, just laying there.