[VS] Luna Element

Very nicely done. The colors are vibrant and pleasing to the eye - not assaulting as in the original Luna. Although I'd personally love to see the START BUTTON a slightly darker shade of that green - maybe the same shade of darker green that you see in the button after the start panel is launched and erect. But hey, I had to think hard over what is stunningly beautiful as is. This one made the top 5 of my collection and is being used now. Thanks! :)

Great theme. I applied it yesterday on my PC. Works perfectly!

I also attempted to install it on my laptop; but my computer cannot read the theme. Here's a screenshot.

theme.PNG

Can anyone explain why my laptop can't read the theme? I'm confused. I have no corrupt files etc. It's a new laptop. When I apply the theme, it loads Windows Classic.

As you can see from the pic, I've used WindowBlinds etc to apply the theme - it works but with some things missing, such as the correct scrollbars. I log off and log back on and the Windows Classic theme appears.

Can anyone help? I don't know why it won't work on this computer. :wacko:

Can anyone help? I don't know why it won't work on this computer.?:wacko::

584843525[/snapback]

Well in theory there's no reason why the visual style shouldn't display properly on your laptop with Windows XP. Why don't you try again:

1.) you've got the correct version ofuxtheme.dll>. -?

2.) You've maintained the integrity of the VS folders under \Windows>\Resources>\Themes>\ -?

Good luck.

I'll check. Thanks.

I'll reply in a minute when I know.

Where is uxtheme.dll located?

I've located it in the Sytem32 folder

Edited by LCG

It worked! Everything is working! :woot:

Thank you very much bcool and em3.

I should visit this forum more often.

Anyway, now it's time to reorganize my start menu.

BTW - I don't mean to hastle you, but can you apply the theme to the classic logon screen in Windows XP?

It worked! Everything is working!  :woot:

Thank you very much bcool and em3.

I should visit this forum more often.

Anyway, now it's time to reorganize my start menu.

BTW - I don't mean to hastle you, but can you apply the theme to the classic logon screen in Windows XP?

584843860[/snapback]

I've not started working on it but it's on the maybe-to-do list.

Cool :cool: This is my 100:th post :D

I made a black mod of this theme, and frankly, i'm quite happy... i also put the text on the left, i kinda like it likke that more...

anyways, m, awesome theme, u should be proud of urself, u dont come across a theme like this very often

post-67663-1099337596_thumb.jpg

Edited by fredfries

Cool - could you share the theme with us?

584845466[/snapback]

I doubt it, we have to have the authors permission to redistribute, same thing happened a couple of pages back with the modified start button....

I doubt it, we have to have the authors permission to redistribute, same thing happened a couple of pages back with the modified start button....

584845497[/snapback]

OK. I understand.

I was cautious on leaking my gray Luna theme. I didn't leak it in the end.

Made a new startbutton. Turned out pretty good IMO. :cool: Don't look so good if you use more than one taskbar row though. I'm working on fixing that. Here is an image preview.

em3, I'm loving that startbutton! I hope it's released in the next version. Maybe you could make it green, like the original startbutton, but have that windows flag instead of the word 'start'? :)