Vote without fear, Americans told

The US homeland security secretary says there is no intelligence pointing to attacks on election day and has urged Americans to vote in confidence.

Tom Ridge said there was no need to raise the alert level, despite Osama Bin Laden's threat of more attacks.

But the threat has pushed national security back to the fore on the presidential election trail.

The main candidates, who are chasing votes in several key states, have traded pledges to keep America safe.

Between them, President George W Bush and his Democrat challenger John Kerry visited Michigan, Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota on Saturday.

BBC News

The name of the yellow level is elevated. it has always been at orange or yellow since 9-11. the name of blue for example is normal. and the name of orange is high.

I have no fear of voting on Tuesday, I voted 2 weeks ago  :laugh:

But fear wasn't a factor, I'm working 6:30-6:30 next week

584838221[/snapback]

6:30-6:30 :o that sucks!

The name of the yellow level is elevated. it has always been at orange or yellow since 9-11. the name of blue for example is normal. and the name of orange is high.

584838104[/snapback]

i know what they mean :rolleyes:

i was saying how can they be telling people to have no fear, when there is a "Significant Risk of Terrorist Attacks".

i have no fear about voting on tuesday and nothing short of dying will keep me from doing it.

584838168[/snapback]

You better get out and vote in Ohio. Every vote will count there :yes:

Vote with no fear, but we are going to keep releasing commericals to vote for bush showing a pack of wolves waiting to strike. (Y) This entire campain has been based on fear tactics.

Vote with no fear, but we are going to keep releasing commericals to vote for bush showing a pack of wolves waiting to strike. (Y) This entire campain has been based on fear tactics.

584839166[/snapback]

:laugh: :laugh:

That's rich, especially with Kerry out there scaring those from cradle to grave ie: seniors losing their social security (an old fav of the left), and drafting all the young.

1) you really should get out more

"With George Bush, the plan for Iraq is more of the same and the great potential of a draft," Mr. Kerry told reporters and editors of the Des Moines Register, which published his remarks yesterday.

Mr. Kerry told the Register that he can't imagine how the administration can continue "with the current overextension" of troops in Iraq without instituting the draft.

source

2) not derived from the voluntary opt-out plan that Bush is for

My mother can't get her SS. She is disabled, can't work, and very ill. They have made it virtualy impossiable for people to get started on it so dont talk to me about SS. I see it happening around me.

My mother can't get her SS. She is disabled, can't work, and very ill. They have made it virtualy impossiable for people to get started on it so dont talk to me about SS. I see it happening around me.

584839527[/snapback]

How many times has she filed for it? It's pretty much common knowledge that anyone below retirement age that initially files for it is denied the first time. My sisters mother-in-law is pretty much in the same boat, she had to file 2 or 3 times before it was approved. It's been that way for years. Unfortunately the government doesn't think you're due what you've paid in so they hope you won't persist. Seriously, if she's only filed once, try again.

How many times has she filed for it?  It's pretty much common knowledge that anyone below retirement age that initially files for it is denied the first time.  My sisters mother-in-law is pretty much in the same boat, she had to file 2 or 3 times before it was approved.  It's been that way for years.  Unfortunately the government doesn't think you're due what you've paid in so they hope you won't persist.  Seriously, if she's only filed once, try again.

584839561[/snapback]

She has applied 7 times. 4 Dr's have filed reports stating she cant work and never will be able to again and they still deny it. Nice try. We even have an attorney now because of it.

She has applied 7 times. 4 Dr's have filed reports stating she cant work and never will be able to again and they still deny it. Nice try. We even have an attonrey now because of it.

584839573[/snapback]

I hope the attorney can get some results for her, really.

1) you really should get out more

source

2) not derived from the voluntary opt-out plan that Bush is for

584839526[/snapback]

1) "There is going to be a draft with Bush" != "There is a great potential for a draft with Bush."

2) Oh please.