Slate Refresh

There're lots of rumour about Slate Refresh in the next Longhorn but from what we've seen that Microsoft left Slate Refresh over and put Jade over Slate. However, I finally found some screenshots from MSDN website and realize it use another Slate which is not the first one or ones from Athens PC. I assume it's Slate Refresh since Athens was too long after news. In my opinion, Slate Refresh looks much better than ugly horizontal gradient. Unfortunately, I can't find any resource for Slate Refresh is I decided to remake it myself. Use it as you please :) And yet, this theme is not Slate and Royale rendition. It's been done long time ago after PDC 2003 event and before Aero news.

Last update 01/11/2004

Version 1.0

-Initial release

Download Slate Refresh 1.0

post-23644-1099328940_thumb.jpg

Windows X....your themes are truly amazing and it continues with Slate Refresh. I have every single theme you've released and look forward to your future themes. From a big fan....Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

You hate me, right? No matter what I do, you'll always come and give me rubbish posts. If I pass this to someone you think he's cool to release it, I highly doubt what will you say aboout his release.

PUBLIC NOTICE:

THIS SLATE THEME DONE BY WINDOWS X WAS ACTUALLY IMAGINED BY HIM BEFORE HE EVEN IMAGINED IT HIMSELF, IF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE OFF COURSE.

584845379[/snapback]

hahaha nice one! :rofl: :D

microsoft didn't even think about slate in that time.. :p

PUBLIC NOTICE:

THIS SLATE THEME DONE BY WINDOWS X WAS ACTUALLY IMAGINED BY HIM BEFORE HE EVEN IMAGINED IT HIMSELF, IF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE OFF COURSE.

584845379[/snapback]

No! Because MS is jealous of Slate Refresh and hide it deeply where person hardly find it. So I want to make MS think it's leaked :p

Is that fun enough for sarcasm? Let's back to the real life. Nobody ever make it so I decided to make it. Is there any problem for that? If you wanna say I make a bit too much work with small changes, I thank you and understand what you want to tell me. But that's what Longhorn is. I just port it as Longhorn with small tunes and do it like what I saw without extra mods. This is porting not recreating.

Great work Windows X....I'm not a LH theme fan....but it's truly amazing that you can make something so decent. Maybe MS should pay you to work on themes for them....:happy:

What i miss is a revolutionary theme. They look all the same today. Everyone creates his own personal slate or aero style. We need something new. Stefanka released a great series of themes with inspirat. But i think we can bring more out. Only with the xp startpanel can be done much more... perhaps something with the full transperency effect, some transparent lines or something like this.

btw the startpanel, where the user picture is on top of it, but half on desktop like the ones on athens pc would be cool. Also a windows flag in the panel could be interesting.

I think just experiment and look what people say or request.

Really nice Windows X but, can you create the same VS with original slate tasbar and startbutton?

'Cause i'm sure there 's some people like me,that prefer the original slate taskbar...