Homeland Security Out of Control

Virginia Kice, a spokeswoman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said agents went to Pufferbelly based on a trademark infringement complaint filed in the agency's intellectual property rights center in Washington, D.C.

Oh no, they were investigating a complaint. The conspiracy is upon us.

Oh no, they were investigating a complaint.  The conspiracy is upon us.

584845498[/snapback]

So now it's the job of homeland security to enforce expired copyrights?

Yup, according to the article, had they simply called the parent company they would have found that the copyright is now open to third party manufacturers and saved themselves a visit.

Stellar use of tax money.

So now it's the job of homeland security to enforce expired copyrights?

Yup, according to the article, had they simply called the parent company they would have found that the copyright is now open to third party manufacturers and saved themselves a visit.

I believe customs merged with the homeland security department, so technically the homeland security department investigates things "other' than homeland security.

"One of the things that our agency's responsible for doing is protecting the integrity of the economy and our nation's financial systems and obviously trademark infringement does have significant economic implications," she said.

Quite a stretch....

Even so, that doesn't address the fact that it was at the same time incompetent and a waste of money.

Or the fact that there is no way to tie this to any type of terrorsit threat, so once again, Homeland Security is being used to enforce domestic policy, something which it was never intended for, specifically BECAUSE of the routes it takes around any civil liberties/basic protection from unlawful prosecution and illegal search and seisure....oops, that one no longer exists, realy.... for citizens.

But of course, if your not doing anything wrong, why would anyone care if they get hassled over this crap? You know, only BAD people are going to get hassled over this, so what the hell, it MUST be a good thing, eh? Our govenment could NEVER make any mistakes like that, with the kind of access it can get to people, they would NEVER use this in a way that is unconstitutional, or infringed on our basic right to privacy....nooooo....not OUR government :rolleyes:

Deepisland makes a good point and I retract my previous comment. Customs will fall under the umbrella of Homeland Security. It appears that the Toysmith Group is primarily an importer so the Magic Cube itself is probably produced overseas and they wanted to sell it here. I have seen no evidence this is purely a copywrite issue.