[Definitive] Halo 2 Experience thread

ok i have a question that alot of people might have. What ever happened to all the stuff bungie said they were gonna put in halo 2, like the 4 different types of warthogs and the ATVs and one of the movies was of a level that looked sweet but wasn't in the game!  :angry:    this made me angry

585179432[/snapback]

The ATV was removed because it rolled to much, and the game play was uneven. People would have said "why didnt they remove it?" anyways.

As for the level, it was taken out. It was an early build and people didnt find it fun.

The 'hogs were taken out, i would assume, because there was no point in having them

There is only one map, which is Foundation. That was the only map you can unlock. Bungie, released that as Download Content on Live. Foundation is base don Marathon, and conclusion (or w/e it's called) is a rumor.

Has anyone played 4-way CTF on foundation? all i can say is w00t.

585198332[/snapback]

Heh, yeah that is fun! :cool: - Although you find one team gets bullied more than the rest, and they all moan... It's never been me, so i just crack up laughing... :laugh:

foundation WAS NOT released with the update, it was in the game from day one, you unlock it by doing a series of tutorial-tips on the last level, 99% of people who got it before the patch, got it by luck, thats why bungie patched it in, becuase it was insanely hard because most people did the tutorial tips far too early in the game, so they never appeared on the last level.

the way around it was to do co-op with a new profile and do the tips there.

anyways, as for upcoming maps, THERE ARE maps coming, i know of this for a fact, bungie were working on them before release of the game.

give it time, there are no more unlockables though. i am worried as to the size of these upcoming maps, the patches will take some time to come, considering maps are very big, and textures are even bigger (when you have a hundred bunched together).

a friend is working at exporting the ATV model from its meta that was left in the game, the textures are already extracted, and i recently worked out how to get bumpmaps going, so we shall see what happens in the modding scene.

Last night was awesome, we tried out xbox system link, and did 8 player madness! 2 tvs, one facing left and other facing right, so we wouldnt see each other..:yes: it was fun.

When do you think they'll stop the halo series? #3? or do you think they'll pull a final fantasy?

585225258[/snapback]

If the rumors of Halo 2.5 are true... I hope they end it there. Short and sweet.

not me, i want a Halo 3 on xbox 2

585226307[/snapback]

Halo 2.5 is supposed to be on X Box 2.

It's supposedly one of two things to be preloaded on the version with a hard drive.

Halo 2 on Live is great, but the texture pop in does get annoying while playing multiplayer after coming from a menu.

585259695[/snapback]

Wow, something wrong with your Xbox? I know there is plenty of pop-in, but I have not noticed it at all in multiplayer. I know it's there, but not where near as much that I can actually see it when switching from a menu.

As for Halo 3, I REALLY hope they end it there. A trilogy would be great. Unfortunately, I know they will milk the franchise for all it's worth and ruin in as they have done with plenty before. Hope they don't go as far as Final Fantasy went, however. Wow, utter crap there. (Sorry to flame if you like FF, but seriously, how can you?)

Nothing wrong with it, and it only happens for like a second on my Xbox (after sending a message to someone and then resuming the game). It's kinda cool to see it without all of the special effects though.

Wow, something wrong with your Xbox? I know there is plenty of pop-in, but I have not noticed it at all in multiplayer. I know it's there, but not where near as much that I can actually see it when switching from a menu.

As for Halo 3, I REALLY hope they end it there. A trilogy would be great. Unfortunately, I know they will milk the franchise for all it's worth and ruin in as they have done with plenty before. Hope they don't go as far as Final Fantasy went, however. Wow, utter crap there. (Sorry to flame if you like FF, but seriously, how can you?)

585259849[/snapback]

Happens on myne and my friends too so its normal.

doesnt happen on all xboxes, newer ones barely get it, i only get it on metropolis, other than that, nothing, rarely in mp, but its a split second, you dont notice it.