AutoPatcher 2000 October 2004

As far as I know explorer.exe is in no way changed by AutoPatcher. It could be a hotfix, which replaced it. We will look into the 256 colour systray and see if there's anything we can do.

Explorer went from:

243,472 bytes 5.0.3700.6690 to

242,448 bytes 5.0.3900.6824

(From the backup of explorer made before I applied autopatcher and the 256 colour thing)

I had all the updates on windows update (besides the bookshelf one), maybe not the ones from the last 2 weeks, if there were any.

Explorer went from:

243,472 bytes 5.0.3700.6690 to

242,448 bytes 5.0.3900.6824

(From the backup of explorer made before I applied autopatcher and the 256 colour thing)

I had all the updates on windows update (besides the bookshelf one), maybe not the ones from the last 2 weeks, if there were any.

584890276[/snapback]

Yeah, Explorer was updated by Microsoft. :yes:

I don't know about manual patching , but it was the KB324446 hotfix that updated explorer.exe

584891490[/snapback]

Good find BlzIL!

AutoPatcher 2000 4.6 (October '04 Update) is out!!!

Hello all! Finally after long wait, AutoPatcher 2000 is finally out!! :) Here are some quick details:

Info on version 4.6:

Full File Size: 263 MB (7z Executable)

Lite Package Size: 236 MB (7z Executable)

UltraLite Package Size: 98.7 MB (7z Executable)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is great! :woot: I'm looking forward to using this on a friend's machine (who needs the help badly. :p

However, I'm still confused on one issue. :wacko:

What's the difference between the Full, Lite and UltraLite packages? I've tried digging around here for the answer to that question, but no luck. I found a post that had some links to describe the differences between the APXP packages, but they came out to 404's. :no:

In addition to answering me here, could that be put in the FAQs? I'd appreciate it.

Thanksamundo and congrats on finishing AP2000!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the difference between the Full, Lite and UltraLite packages?

584892407[/snapback]

If I'm not mistaken, you can find the info at the link below

http://autopatcher.com/info2k.html

Flish, do you know if anyone else has the information for scarywater site?

I have not receive a reponse from ajdesign yet.

first IE6 then the updates... im quite sure AP will not continue unless IE6 is installed

584892730[/snapback]

You are quite correct, sir. Wish we could figure out a way to get it installed without having to reboot (and be able to continue with the other patches), but so far, we can't, and honestly, I think we won't ever be able to. Either way, it's easy enough to install it, since I included it. :happy: