AutoPatcher 2000 October 2004

How can no one spell my name right??  :wacko:  You'd think it's an easy name to spell.  :p

584893005[/snapback]

:p

Off topic....Hey guys, some people have complaint about my sig, what you guys think about it now? I don't want to get banned from here by having a long sig.

TIA

just as long as you keep the autopatcher/autostreamer part, you may have as big as a sig you like sir :) LOL

584893502[/snapback]

I'll keep them, thats not a problem. Check your PM plz, and thanks.

Been outta town last 4/5 days...anyway congrats on the release...longtime forthcoming. Can't wait to try it. Only was able to try one or two of the betas. Anyway seems like it's deja vu again. Only two mirrors were up per se (speeds over 50KB/sec) softpedia and mirror 8....sad sad sad. Good in the sense it's popular though.

Upon testing autopatcher 2000 on my windows 2000 sp4 partition, it said my files were not correct and to please insert sp4 cd. 2 questions: 1- My install came from a slipstreamed install of a windows sp4 download. Originally it was an sp3 cd before the sp4 update. So what gives? and 2- How does one take the sp4 download from microsoft and turn it into a sp4 cd? I just want a perfect autopatcher cd so if someone elses machine that I work on does this, I'll be better prepared. (Most people I help are on dial up,so autopatcher is a godsend when it comes to situations like reformats and repair installations, where afterwards no matter what IE defaults to IE 5.0 thus causing sript errors on repair until you reinstall ie6.)

For your #2 question, here is the answer to it. Its called AutoStreamer, very good program to slipstream.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...#entry584639141

584895679[/snapback]

AutoStreamer is also included inside the full version of AutoPatcher... just browse to the "AutoStreamer" folder. :)

Upon testing autopatcher 2000 on my windows 2000 sp4 partition, it said my files were not correct and to please insert sp4 cd.

584895155[/snapback]

I'm assuming you are referring to the Windows File Protection message. Apparently Autopatcher is using some files that are either older or newer than the ones on your system. I just select Cancel and drive on. I mentioned this during the betas, but I guess it is not a big deal. :wacko:

AutoStreamer is also included inside the full version of AutoPatcher... just browse to the "AutoStreamer" folder.  :)

584896983[/snapback]

Flish, that lets you know how much I have explored the full version. :whistle:

Concerning scarywater, I have not received anything from ajdesign, any other option?

I'm assuming you are referring to the Windows File Protection message.  Apparently Autopatcher is using some files that are either older or newer than the ones on your system.  I just select Cancel and drive on.  I mentioned this during the betas, but I guess it is not a big deal.  :wacko:

584897406[/snapback]

Can you tell me which files are causing this? Look at the event log...

Flish, that lets you know how much I have explored the full version.  :whistle:

Concerning scarywater, I have not received anything from ajdesign, any other option?

584897517[/snapback]

Still no word. Says he was last active a couple weeks ago... :(

wow, 34 GB of bandwidth in 2.5 days. I underestimated how popular my mirror will be.

I'm bumping the limit to 60GB (now you have another 30GB ^^,)

Mirror number 6, BTW

er... wasnt it fixed in the latest build? i updated the whole bin folder... i guess it needs more eh? so, do you mind posting the names of the files in question?

remove following files:

IE6SP1\filelist.dat

IE6SP1\iesetup.dir

IE6SP1\iesetup.ini

bin\msxml2.dll

bin\msxml2r.dll

bin\msxml3.dll

bin\msxml3a.dll

bin\msxml3r.dll

bin\msxml4.dll

bin\msxml4r.dll

bin\msxml.dll

bin\msxmlr.dll

bin\scrrun.dll

You know all those files for the bin folder? REMOVE them, do not update them. Simply copying files to the system32 folder DOES NOT WORK. This process kicks in WFP. WFP does not care if they're the latest - they are not allowed to be copied onto the system. WFP will think that they're fake invalid files and restore the older versions.

If you want to update MS XML components ... use the installers. They're made for a reason. Also, AP core EXE does not need the latest versions of the MS XML components. Those msxml files are causing more trouble then it's supposed to. Just remove it and never add them again. Use Microsoft's installers during install.

scrrun.dll - assuming the Windows scripting update is installed, this is redundant

IE6SP1 files - redundant, leftover setup files

Don't mean to sound rude, but I've been complaining to Flish about this for a year and nothing big has happened ;)

Edited by OptiPlex

It's only a problem in Windows 2000. By default they have older versions and in order for new versions to stay in place, it has to be verified in the security data (methinks)

XP already has the latest version in the security database all verified and stuff. So even if you copy them over, nothing will happen.

well... AfroTrance will let us know... or you for that matter :) mind trying it on a VM?

584891028[/snapback]

I finally got around to trying it and it works, thanks :)

I wonder why nvmixer still has a 16 colour icon though.

I finally got around to trying it and it works, thanks :)

I wonder why nvmixer still has a 16 colour icon though.

584943061[/snapback]

hehehe... /me is teh 1337 h4x0r!

i had no WFP problems on XPSP2 using the updated files... ill take your word for it though :)

584915280[/snapback]

I have the same problem with WFP. I have installed bothe the full version, and the ultralight version. These were installed on PC's running W2KP with sp4 intergrated.

If this helps the developers out in any way. I did try out W2K big kahunna from mrbasses,s site with out this problem.

Will thwere be a fix for this issued in the next release ? I like the programs look and feel. Also the fact that I can select just the criticals by useing the ulrtralight. Use this alot at work when I reload PC's.

FRANK

just go delete the files optiplex is talking about from autopatcher's bin folder :)

wherever you see "xml" in \bin folder, kill it... same goes for scrrun.dll :)