Faster browsing with Firefox

There's also this extension that makes tweaking network settings that much easier.

I honestly don't see a huge difference in performace though. You all are clearing your cache and everything when you make these comparisons, correct?

Be cautious. In my college networking class we studied the changes in HTTP 1.1 (persistent connection) and performed speed tests using a variety of settings. While you are experiecing a speed gain by opening up more connection to the server, the webserver is not capable of servering as many people and has to waste resources on your visit. If everyone does this, the webserver traffic will be saturated and rather than a few people getting faster connection everyone gets slower connections. Just like increasing the packet size of a TCP/IP transmission. It has many side effects that may not effect you, but hurt the community.

Ok, I personally do not care, just saying...

Edited by KayMan2K

It might be easier to paste the information into a user.js file.

I had one posted here but noticed angelfire won't let anyone remote link to the small file so forget it. :p

585078119[/snapback]

You mean in place of using Tweak Network Settings plugin? How can I do this?

Modified my custom config which I got from another firefox thread and these settings made it display pages slower. It's still quick, but not as fast as the original configuration.

5mbps connection here.