Speed Up Rendering in Firefox

I did a forum search to be sure this hasnt been posted......But even with broadband , I notice that Firefox kinda lags between pages. Being a new user of Ubuntu linux, I found a tweak on their site for disabling IPv6 in Firefox, because most if not all of the web is still using IPv4, and it works in Windows version of Firefox too.

Open Firefox..type about:config

look for :Network.dns.disableIPv6

Double click to to toggle it to 'true' and then restart Firefox. You should notice a speed increase, page to page.

post-34763-1100398748_thumb.jpg

Edited by Digital_k

IPv4 and v6 are internet protocols... how the data is transferred... v4 is the standard now and v6 is slowly being implemented around the world... it wont come into full swing until 2008-2010 sadly... it's a huge infrastructure change, but the benefits will be great.

What other benefits are there other than a huge increase in available addresses?

I posted a comment for the guy who wrote the network tweak extension to add a disableIPv6 option too. :yes:

jafo

First of all, WOW, that is a lot faster. Started recommending this to all my FireFox friends.

i'm wondering tho, "most if not all sites are stil using IPv4", that means some sites are using IPv6, will these sites not work anymore ?

584927587[/snapback]

They should still work, since IPv6 is compatible with IPv4.