Speed Up Rendering in Firefox

IPv4 and v6 are internet protocols... how the data is transferred... v4 is the standard now and v6 is slowly being implemented around the world... it wont come into full swing until 2008-2010 sadly... it's a huge infrastructure change, but the benefits will be great.

584927386[/snapback]

Thanks for explaining, just tried this little tweak, and i do notice a difference! :yes:

It's too bad all these network tweaks are needed to make it really fast... You recommend it to your friends... But do you really want them to have to download the Moox builds, install the network tweak extension, have them disable IPv6 support, and make various other about:config tweaks just to get it to run fast?

I bet more than half of the regular Firefox users don't even know about these tweaks... Let alone all their n00b friends they recommend it to.

Come on lets make this stuff fast BY DEFAULT!!!!

jafo

I'm a fairly new user to Firefox, But after reading some of the posts here, this one included, it seems to make the "conversion" seamless. Great browser, and very fast. Thanks.

I have discovered a problem with this tweak, and set it back to default.

When downloading files, I thought my download speeds were kind of slow, start slow, and just get slower as they go. Had an idea, set this tweaked setting back to default, and downloaded the exact same file from the exact same place, and my download speed was 6 times faster. Same file downloaded with IPv6 disabled, and then again not 1 minute later with it back on, definitly a differance. Might slightly speed up page loading, but slowed down my downloading of files in Firefox quite alot.

I have discovered a problem with this tweak, and set it back to default.

When downloading files, I thought my download speeds were kind of slow, start slow, and just get slower as they go. Had an idea, set this tweaked setting back to default, and downloaded the exact same file from the exact same place, and my download speed was 6 times faster. Same file downloaded with IPv6 disabled, and then again not 1 minute later with it back on, definitly a differance. Might slightly speed up page loading, but slowed down my downloading of files in Firefox quite alot.

584977079[/snapback]

Actually, you're wrong.

When you go to download something in Firefox, it starts downloading before you actually choose a location to download from. The download speed that you see is an average of how much you've downloaded over the time it has taken. So if it has already downloaded quite a bit while you chose the location to save to, there will be a huge download speed reported (let's say you have already gotten 300k of it downloaded and it just started showing the progress: 300k/sec). So as it finishes downloading, the speed it shows gets closer and closer to the actual speed. The speed you start with is a lot faster than it actually is.