? For people that know the Human Body Well

Ok for the past 6 years i been dealin with my dry skin in my face. i went to the doctor the gave me creams and i bought some other creams from the store. they made my face soft. but my ? is that i want to have natural skin no pealin all that. i want to have not put cream all the time and have a greesy face.

SO ANy help you guys got

Thanks

also, did the doctor diagnose you with a certain type of skin trouble, or was it just generic dry skin? Also, did he give you prescription topical creames or just reccomend OTC ones?

man...you only have dry skin on your face... i have dry skin around my waist and thigh area...and had it since forever...and now it looks patchy...so i have to take like one of those intensive oil baths atleast once a month so that it atleast looks fine... my dad had the same thing, so im guessing its genetic

well, unfortunately, things like that are genetic, but you live in NY right?  Is there any specific time of the year your face dries out?

584940452[/snapback]

hmm all the time even in the summer. i even try to wash with cold water but that dont even work

Ironically

have you noticed any ads latly

All women put creams\oil on their faces....

and guys too

i guess its good for the skin and keeps it "younger"

so it is only benficial - they say

as with your shoes - you need to oil them to prevent dry out

you obviously have over dry skin.isnt there a solution of eating some kind of food stuff to increase your oil excretion?

Move to a more humid country (tropical)?

ps. i dont know the human body well if you havent noticed

You can buy Vitamin E in pills. Get those - it'll help to take one every morning.

584940461[/snapback]

Wasn't there just a study released showing that daily doses of vitamin-E can cause heart attacks or something like that? :huh:

BTW, have you been tested for allergies? Does it itch?

also, did the doctor diagnose you with a certain type of skin trouble, or was it just generic dry skin?  Also, did he give you prescription topical creames or just reccomend OTC ones?

584940464[/snapback]

the doctor gave me prescri creames and they work and made my skin soft but they stop workin and i bought aveeno and it work also but also stop workin. so right now i am usin hydrocortisone valerate creame it work is what i use now. but all of these creames made my skin greesy i want to have a natural skin look. and dont have to suffer from skin goin to into my eyes (when i sweat)..

Ironically

have you noticed any ads latly

All women put creams\oil on their faces....

and guys too

i guess its good for the skin and keeps it "younger"

so it is only benficial - they say

as with your shoes - you need to oil them to prevent dry out

you obviously have over dry skin.isnt there a solution of eating some kind of food stuff to increase your oil excretion?

Move to a more humid country (tropical)?

ps. i dont know the human body well if you havent noticed

584940474[/snapback]

yea my skin is dry in my chest too and my back... but my mom and father dont got none of these problems..

That sucks

Friend of mine had Exzeem dont know what you call over there - itching red puffy spots all over his body

The government (health insurance) now gives him free vacations to tropical countries

hes doing great

That sucks

Friend of mine had Exzeem dont know what you call over there - itching red puffy spots all over his body

The government (health insurance) now gives him free vacations to tropical countries

hes doing great

584940552[/snapback]

It's called Eczema. :) I have it too, so I know how it is. :( It can actually hurt a little sometimes. Just a dull pain though...

You can buy Vitamin E in pills. Get those - it'll help to take one every morning.

584940461[/snapback]

as so-crates said, there was just a study released linking vitamin e to heart attacks.

i use elidel - my doctor perscribed it to me. i get exema in the winter and it really helps. now that im using it on my face, i use nivea for men anti-oil stuff and it balences it out.

as so-crates said, there was just a study released linking vitamin e to heart attacks.

584940635[/snapback]

Oh good.............

:|

One thing you can try is to eat more fish. Especially Salmon, Halibut, Tuna, etc. The oils are extremely beneficial to your skin, and have been known to prevent problems like you're describing. HTH

Wasn't there just a study released showing that daily doses of vitamin-E can cause heart attacks or something like that?  :huh:

BTW, have you been tested for allergies? Does it itch?

584940476[/snapback]

I thought Vitamin E was water soluble. Pee out whatever the body doesnt use.

@vice: the hot water dries out the skin and makes it irritate, i used to get this

aloe vera is good for dry skin, my grandma used to give it to me to rub on my face.

just get the plant, cut off the pointy bits , slice in half n rub on your face

after a few days you will see a difference

@vice: the hot water dries out the skin and makes it irritate, i used to get this

aloe vera is good for dry skin, my grandma used to give it to me to rub on my face.

just get the plant, cut off the pointy bits , slice in half n rub on your face

after a few days you will see a difference

584941122[/snapback]

thanks for the info.. my skin is good, but i always prefer warmer water when i wash my face, except in the summer time.

I thought Vitamin E was water soluble. Pee out whatever the body doesnt use.

584941100[/snapback]

Nope. Wrong vitamin. Its actually stored in body fat/tissue. Its a fat soluable vitamin .... A, D, E & K.

As for heart attacks, you'd have to take dangerous levels of it. IF you take a vitamin pill a day, you'll be fine its well within healty guidelines. Just take a multi-vitamin and not just Vit-E or you'll cause imbalances. Keep in mind... journalists are not trained in medicince. They read some journal reports but trum out all the methodologies of the studies -- taking all the credibility from the article only to publish senstational crap and make a headline about it -- which is all you usually remember . This practice should be rendered illegal.

As for your skin ... does it get worse/better when you go outside, into other buildings? Is it all the time or only when @ home. It could be an envrionmental allegy.

I've had dry, itchy skin all my life. It gets worse in the winter, with the cold, dry air. Ironically, if my shower is too hot, I itch all over.

I think my face might be the only place where it's not dry. I also have tried pretty much everything under the sun, but my skin seems to become resistant after a while.

So, the best thing for me right now is, warm shower instead of hot, and put lots of lotion as soon as I'm almost dry, but still damp.

Maybe the same principle could be used for your face. Try it, you've got nothing to lose.